Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Question Emoticons: Links to and Posting of...

Dear Grand Poobahs of BFP Technical Questions:

Am wondering how to properly link to offsite animated smiley emoticons... there is an abundance of really funny/apropos ones available on other sites.

Today (on the CIJS thread) I thought I had correctly linked to an MSN Heaven emoticon of a hypnotized smiley... it previewed correctly and seemed to work for awhile after it was submitted in the post. However, now only a generic icon saying "MSN Heaven" is displayed.

Where did I go wrong?

And, if possible, could you edit and replace it with the BPF emoticon --->

Please?

~Metro
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Metro,

I have no idea as to the answer to your question, but I do have a couple of ideas on finding out.

There is a great tech help thread that gets great attention and usually fast help;

*poke poke poke* somebody get me a forum geek

And another one where members help each other with more day to day stuff like posting pictures and things;

Members helping members

For asking for things about adding/changing things on the site there is also;

Questions/Issues/Wishlists for BFP
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Heh.. Metro: if you right click on the image look for an option that says something like "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image Link" or "Copy Image URL". This link, if you paste it in notepad, should end with either .jpg or .gif

You can then add it to a post by clicking on the yellow icon with the mountains and sun to paste it in like any other picture.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Hey Metro,

I have no idea as to the answer to your question, but I do have a couple of ideas on finding out.

There is a great tech help thread that gets great attention and usually fast help;

*poke poke poke* somebody get me a forum geek

And another one where members help each other with more day to day stuff like posting pictures and things;

Members helping members

For asking for things about adding/changing things on the site there is also;

Questions/Issues/Wishlists for BFP

Kelt,

Thanks -- great all-in-one set of links for tech help on BFP!

Hopefully the gurus will stumble upon my original question and have a solution... sometimes having the exact emoticon makes a post more fun to read (and more fun to post, too).

~Metro
Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Heh.. Metro: if you right click on the image look for an option that says something like "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image Link" or "Copy Image URL". This link, if you paste it in notepad, should end with either .jpg or .gif

You can then add it to a post by clicking on the yellow icon with the mountains and sun to paste it in like any other picture.

Hey Linus,

I did that... and it worked for awhile... but now it has been replaced by a pesky generic "MSN Heaven" image?

~Metro
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post

Hey Linus,

I did that... and it worked for awhile... but now it has been replaced by a pesky generic "MSN Heaven" image?

~Metro
Then it means MSN is doing some scripts to prevent images from being used elsewhere.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Then it means MSN is doing some scripts to prevent images from being used elsewhere.

Oh, that 'splains it... drat!

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post

Oh, that 'splains it... drat!

Thanks!
And another big THANK YOU for changing the emoticon-gone-wrong to the BFP hypnotized emoticon!!!