Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 09-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #1
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default how do you clear out login names

I know there is an easy way to do this, it just eludes me at the moment.

I log out. When I go to log back in, I click in the user name box and a list of available names comes up....some related to this site from members who have used this puter and some from other sites.

I know there is a way to clear this. I have gone to control panel, internet options, and fiddled with deleting stuff there. Apparently I havent fiddled with the correct thing yet.

What do I want to fiddle with to erase these?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I dont know what browser you use, but I use Chrome and I do this by clicking on the little wrench in the top right hand corner of my page - I then go to settings, then advanced settings and I click on managed saved passwords under the passwords and forms heading. I then choose the log-in name&password I want to delete and delete it. Then when I go to sign in to whatever, that name&password no longer comes up as an option.

When I used FireFox, I would go to tools at the top of the page, then to options - then security - then I would click on saved passwords and delete those I didnt want saved on my PC.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I dont know what browser you use, but I use Chrome and I do this by clicking on the little wrench in the top right hand corner of my page - I then go to settings, then advanced settings and I click on managed saved passwords under the passwords and forms heading. I then choose the log-in name&password I want to delete and delete it. Then when I go to sign in to whatever, that name&password no longer comes up as an option.

When I used FireFox, I would go to tools at the top of the page, then to options - then security - then I would click on saved passwords and delete those I didnt want saved on my PC.
Thanks Parker. I dont even know what chrome and firefox are LOL. I use IE.

Hm, there is a delete forms data thing. I usually use this when I use a public computer to clear out my stuff.

I usually try and avoid deleting this on my home computers cuz I have to re-enter too much junk I really want to preserve.... like log in names I tend to forget and weird required passwords I can never remember for certain sites.

Maybe I will try that after the coffee kicks in and the brains work better. That and the passwords are the only things I havent deleted. I know this isnt a password thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #4
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Chrome and Firefox are browsers, just like IE ..... I am not that familiar with IE because I stopped using it years ago because of things like this (it isnt as easy as Chrome and FF); but it looks like on IE if you go to tools, then internet options, then content, then auto complete settings (or just by-pass all of that by clicking tools, then delete browsing history - it seems to get you to the same place), you can delete some of it while keeping others - click the about link there in that section for help.

Also, because we are talking about websites, this isnt a PC thing, this is a browser thing - you will have to go into your IE tools to change things, not your control panel. Your control panel would help if this was about people signing onto your computer, not websites.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Ok deleting forms worked.

I use the control panel to get to the internet options cuz it is a faster path to me.

Thanks for your help Parker.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi there,
If you go to your start button usually on the bottom left corner.
Then go to Control Panel
Then go to Internet options
Then delete browsing history and cookies
Under internet properties stay on the General
Hit the delete button in the middle
I usually check all the buttons inside but you can look ans see
what you would like to delete
This will also clean you computer so it will run a little faster

Let me know if this helps

Hugs
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Ok deleting forms worked.

I use the control panel to get to the internet options cuz it is a faster path to me.

Thanks for your help Parker.
Oh, I see what you're talking about - just a different path to get to the same place. When you said control panel, I was thinking of a completely different thing. I gotcha now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: