Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default When Are Folks Going To Learn...

This is a bit graphic, but everyone needs to see this.

Folks out there are STILL doing this and I'm witness to this mostly everyday while I'm doing my long ass commute to/from work. Several times I was almost taken out from some idiot swerving into me...I know what they're doing because they're mostly looking down when I glance over at them. I'm going to put it mildly and say, I literally want to pull them out of their car and knock some sense into them.

This shit also applies to those who are on their cell phones and not paying attention. If you want/need to make a call, pull the fuck over and don't put innocent people like me and others at risk...C'mon people when are you gonna smarten up, when it's too late?

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for posting this. I wasnt doing this , but lately I have been. It's not easy to text and drive when you are going 85 miles an hour.

Why the hell am I doing that??!

IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Texting and talking on the phone while driving is stupid, dangerous, selfish and can get ugly! I would have loved to kick that lady's ass back then; the one that caused the accident. It changed my life forever. I lost who I was for a long time. I lost my ability to live a single moment without pain. I lost my ability to work, I lost many friends, I lost my home and for a time my independence. All because she had something she had to say that could not wait.

I am lucky I lived through it. So many do not. So please hang up and drive!
katsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to katsarecool For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

People need to pay attention in general. The above video gave me nightmares.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Those of you posting comments and other videos, maybe it will open everyones eyes. People aren't invincible and it could happen to you or someone you love. Whether you're at the wheel or not.

I'm not trying to shove anything down anyone's throat, but again, it's all about awareness.

Irish, thanks for being brave enough to say you do this openly. I'm glad you will have second thoughts now.

Kats, I'm sorry you had to be subjected to something like this. Thankfully you're still here to share your story and I thank you for that.

I just want my family, b-f family, friends and loved ones safe.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for this.

That's all i can say right now.

signed,

girl who won't text and drive...anymore.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Scorp, I thank YOU for putting this out there. If it can convince just one person to hang up and drive then it will be worth it. Did anyone sign the NoTextZone Oprah started? I signed it.
katsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katsarecool For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a simple policy...if the car is in motion, the buttons on my cell are not.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been one to text while driving (I don't ever text) but I have -- very occasionally -- used my cell to phone while driving.

However, now we have a law against using any hand held electronic devices while driving; one can be fined up to $500 if caught. I haven't seen anyone driving and texting in ages...doesn't mean it still isn't happening.

Good topic, Scorp.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I've posted both of those videos on my facebook page with the comment: "Everyone who drives should have to watch this at least once a year."

Okay, it's graphic, but we seem to have a sense of invulnerability when we're behind the wheel. It can all change so fast - everything.
suebee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suebee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #11
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i can't even text and walk (i'm serious, lol).. my children laugh at me, because when i text someone i stop.. text, then start walking again.. i couldn't imagine texting and driving.. mind you i don't drive anyway but if i did, i couldn't imagine me trying to do that..

thanks for sharing that video, my son is turning 18 soon, and has his driver's permit, soon going for his license.. it's something i continually stress cuz so many of his friends are doing it.. so scary!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #12
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Hi Sylvie,

Thanks for posting your response. Have you thought about showing this video to your son and his friends?

It may be worth a shot. I know kids make light of a lot of things and "yes" their parents to death, and make a joke out of things we (adults) take seriously, but, you never know, this may open his eyes (and his buddies) a little more.

Best,

-Scorp-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i can't even text and walk (i'm serious, lol).. my children laugh at me, because when i text someone i stop.. text, then start walking again.. i couldn't imagine texting and driving.. mind you i don't drive anyway but if i did, i couldn't imagine me trying to do that..

thanks for sharing that video, my son is turning 18 soon, and has his driver's permit, soon going for his license.. it's something i continually stress cuz so many of his friends are doing it.. so scary!
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #13
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Hi Sylvie,

Thanks for posting your response. Have you thought about showing this video to your son and his friends?

It may be worth a shot. I know kids make light of a lot of things and "yes" their parents to death, and make a joke out of things we (adults) take seriously, but, you never know, this may open his eyes (and his buddies) a little more.

Best,

-Scorp-
ohh yes, Scorp, i actually meant to say that in my post..
i will definitely be showing the video to him, i hope it helps set in his mind how dangerous it is.. though he promises he wouldn't do it, but scares me to think he might just be saying that to set my mind at ease lol.. again, thanks so much!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: