Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #221
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

A person dying in the hospital, her family aware of her impending demise, and she was alone, except for staff at the end. The television was on a Catholic religious channel, and she left after mass this morning. She was an elder, and had celebrated her last birthday while in the hospital. Cards, balloons, notes and stuffed animals held vigil with the nurses; the family members didn't respond to the telephone messages to please call the ICU.

I used to think that I would prefer to die alone, to save my family a small part of the grieving process...don't look, and it won't hurt. That isn't true, of course. It robs those who are close, of the celebration of the life/love/foibles, the uniqueness of the individual. It steals the last chance to forgive, or be forgiven, to laugh or cry (or both) over special times and memories.

and it happens all the time...
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #222
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

A simple kindness with a love note signed with a lipstick kiss.

Also post #221 by midwest chick.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 AM   #223
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cry

It makes me sad that our grandchildren and children have to grow up in a world and ask questions like Grandma will there be anymore bombings. WTF!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #224
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest chick View Post
A person dying in the hospital, her family aware of her impending demise, and she was alone, except for staff at the end. The television was on a Catholic religious channel, and she left after mass this morning. She was an elder, and had celebrated her last birthday while in the hospital. Cards, balloons, notes and stuffed animals held vigil with the nurses; the family members didn't respond to the telephone messages to please call the ICU.

I used to think that I would prefer to die alone, to save my family a small part of the grieving process...don't look, and it won't hurt. That isn't true, of course. It robs those who are close, of the celebration of the life/love/foibles, the uniqueness of the individual. It steals the last chance to forgive, or be forgiven, to laugh or cry (or both) over special times and memories.

and it happens all the time...

We have the most gratifying , most depressing , most stressful, most disgusting , most Amazing jobs being nurses , ya know . Start a nurse thread for us to post and get it all out , vent , laugh and such. Not many understand the intensity of our Jobs , especially icu .
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #225
Velvetkitten
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bratty Daddys girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Girl,Girl, friend
Relationship Status:
My soul is torn leave be

1 Highscore

Velvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST Reputation

My son left this morning to start his new life across the country and though I am happy for him I will miss him something fierce.......
Velvetkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velvetkitten For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #226
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

posts on FB, texts, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do today without my friends

I love the gatherings, but the partings are getting harder and harder
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #227
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
It makes me sad that our grandchildren and children have to grow up in a world and ask questions like Grandma will there be anymore bombings. WTF!
Me too. I thought we were supposed to be past this by now. Sometimes I think our enlightened times are not very enlightened at all.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #228
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation
Default Serious answer now...

Looking at the pictures from Wilcox County's First Integrated Prom on Facebook.

They were happy/sad tears... Sad because this is frelling 2013 and integrated Proms should't be a Thing in this day and age. The fact that there are still a few of them in this country is shameful.

BUT happy tears because hello? Awesome integrated Prom! Planned and thrown by the kids themselves. (Kids these days! Are awesome!) Loved the pictures and loved some of the dresses... If I were ever to have a chance to go to a Prom (because I missed both of mine) I would want something like that awesome tiered peachy one.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #229
makinlove

How Do You Identify?:
Sweet Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything but "Bitch"
Relationship Status:
In Love

makinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dentist

Went to have a temporary crown replaced with a permanent crown. Ended up having a 3 hour surgery. 20 shots and 35 stitches later....I cried during the shots to the roof of my mouth. Had no idea it hurt like that! And I never cry!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #230
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinlove View Post
Went to have a temporary crown replaced with a permanent crown. Ended up having a 3 hour surgery. 20 shots and 35 stitches later....I cried during the shots to the roof of my mouth. Had no idea it hurt like that! And I never cry!
Aaawe, I hate dentist stuff too! Did they root canal you? I had to get one last time that happened to me. For what it's worth, I cried too! Hope you're better soon!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #231
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

What made me cry today?

My pain. I am so fucking sick of being in pain! I dont see an end in sight with my pain. I wake up in pain and I go to sleep in pain. You'd think after 5 years I would be in less pain. All the doctors I see cannot seems to do anything about it. I really think some of them think I am just a drug seeking moron. UGH!!!!!!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #232
makinlove

How Do You Identify?:
Sweet Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything but "Bitch"
Relationship Status:
In Love

makinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputationmakinlove Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryam View Post
Aaawe, I hate dentist stuff too! Did they root canal you? I had to get one last time that happened to me. For what it's worth, I cried too! Hope you're better soon!
No root canal thank goodness! Bone graft and removal of 3 failed implants. Thank you I am actually feeling ok, not really any pain but I do look like I was in a boxing match.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #233
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinlove View Post
No root canal thank goodness! Bone graft and removal of 3 failed implants. Thank you I am actually feeling ok, not really any pain but I do look like I was in a boxing match.

Ouch! Get some frozen peas. They really worked last year when I had my jaws reset. Yes, it was painful!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #234
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

The unexpected death of a very good friend from High School. Woke up this morning to a phone call from her mom. It's a beautiful spring day outside and it seems wrong somehow, that it's spring and Dana's going to miss it.
The Following User Says Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #235
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,396 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Today I found out that my 1st/2nd grade teacher passed away about 5 years ago... I had been trying to locate her online. I so wanted to see her again and thank her for giving me such a wonderful educational foundation....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #236
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It was this afternoon, while making something to eat for my youngest son and I.
I was sharing a very real concern with my son that will affect the two of us and out nowhere, he told me not to worry - that he'd take care of it, if push came to shove. Which, of course, then he followed up with telling me something that touched my heart so deeply. He realises how incredibly hard it's been on me over the years, being the sole provider of our little family and that while, proverbially, his hands are tied at the moment, he says to me that everything will be okay. Then he hugged me.

And then, my tears fell.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #237
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A song that made the walls crumble a little and was just what i needed to hear.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #238
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Watching her go, and knowing I won't wake up next to her tomorrow.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #239
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have had myself all geared up for almost week, to get the MRI on my C-spine and shoulder. I am in excruciating pain and they cannot fix it till the MRI confirms when the doctor thinks it is. I get to the MRI place. Get undressed. They put me on the tray and push me in to the magnetic abyss, and NOTHING happens. The machine is BROKEN. Oh did I mention I am seriously claustrophobic and it takes a lot of meditation and positive thinking to even be able to do the damned thing. Now I have to start all over again at a new place. And how was YOUR day LAO
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #240
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Unhappy

Missing the two children who were a part of my life for five years. Mother's Day is really hard for me.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:

Tags
cry, tears