Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,108 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post

Also watching _Kim's Convenience_, a Canadian sitcom about a Korean-Canadian family that owns a convenience store. It's interesting and pretty funny. (Netflix)
I am nuts about Kim's Convenience. I really enjoy seeing the two different generations of Koreans/Korean-Canadians living in North America/Canada. Mr. Kim's relationship with his son is similar to mine—I totally understand his stubbornness and I get the son's reluctance to connect with him. I also like seeing the Asians from China, India, and Korea interact with each other. More than anything, I like not seeing the typical stereotypes I often see on many programs here in the States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Last night I watched the 1st episode of Mrs. American

Mrs. America tells the story of the movement to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), and the unexpected backlash led by a conservative woman named Phyllis Schlafly, aka “the sweetheart of the silent majority.” Through the eyes of the women of the era – both Schlafly and second wave feminists Gloria Steinem, Betty Friedan, Shirley Chisholm, Bella Abzug and Jill Ruckelshaus – the series explores how one of the toughest battlegrounds in the culture wars of the 70s helped give rise to the Moral Majority and forever shifted the political landscape.

I was not as politically involved back then as I am now, so even tho I lived thru all that, I am playing catch up I guess one could say.
Thanks for the tip, homie. Will check this one out sometime in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I feel like this is more of a confession but.....

One of my clients is heavy into Heartland ( on Netflix) and I’ve found myself......liking it .

If/when I ever get some free time.....I may have to watch it.
Someone who knows me well suggested I watch this, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea, though I might give it a try in July.

Thanks for the tips, everyone.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2020, 03:43 PM   #842
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Orema, also maybe check out the previews for Little Fires Everywhere. Yes, based on the book of the same name but the amazing performance Kerry Washington ,as well as others, gives makes up for what's lacking in the book and then some.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #843
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Alone – a show on the History channel where people are dropped off one by one in different remote parts of Alaska and Canada to live off the land. Whoever lasts the longest wins $500,000.00.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #844
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,172 Times in 5,136 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I've started watching _Killing Eve_ on Hulu. I didn't know Sandra Oh was in it, or I would have watched it sooner! (Love her.) I'm not a big fan of police procedurals, but it's as much or more action than police procedural. Very well scripted and acted, as you would expect from BBC America. The basic premise is that Eve (Sandra Oh) gets picked to move from MI5 to MI6 (Britain's international intelligence agency). She's been obsessed with following a female serial killer, who is a total psychopath. The psychopath realizes she's being tracked, and Eve and the psychopath end up stalking each other. I definitely recommend this one.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #845
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished the series Good Witch on Netflix. It's subtle but has a good message.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 06:48 AM   #846
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default on Acorn........

A Place to Call Home 2013 ‧ Drama ‧(6 seasons)

A mysterious woman is perched between the harsh legacy of World War II and the hope of a new life in Australia.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 09:35 AM   #847
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

The roomie and i like to watch The Travelers...(since we finished the movie series we were watching)....... it is very interesting. I think I will re-start Sense8 again (now that was a series that was cut short too soon)
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #848
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday evening, I watched the first and only season of Sweet Magnolias. I liked it enough to request the books from the library.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #849
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,546 Times in 10,211 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm about to watch The King Of Staten Island.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #850
Degotoga

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Respectful and situational appropriate ones
Relationship Status:
Enjoying butchelorhood

Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,233 Posts
Degotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST Reputation

Season 4 of Queen Of The South. I really should have paced myself but that’s easier said than done with that show.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #851
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I found a show on Netflix called Crazy Delicious. It's a creative cooking show with 3 contestants on each episode. I was looking for something different and it's kind of fun.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:12 PM   #852
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I'm getting ready to watch Self-made. I love Octavia Spencer.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #853
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,476 Times in 2,637 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Watch on, netflix, other

This afternoon they showed the movie "Lady Sings the Blues" on reg. tv. I had forgotten what a fabulous movie it was and the job that Diana Ross did was incomparable. This 1972 movie was worth a second watch and I thoroughly enjoyed it as much as the first time. One of the great older movies.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #854
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Acceptable Risk...

A big international pharma company is at the centre of the new and first-rate thriller Acceptable Risk a six-part mini-series. It's a conspiracy thriller, a co-production between companies in Canada and Ireland, and set in Montreal and Dublin.

The gist is this: A man, Lee Manning , a top executive for Gumbiner-Fischer, a giant pharma company, with headquarters in Dublin, is in Montreal for a meeting. He's got a sensitive file he needs to discuss with somebody. He's given a ride from the hotel to the meeting. Hours later, he's found dead on a Montreal street, shot in the head.

He'd called his wife Sarah in Dublin just before the car ride to express his love and affection. It is Sarah who becomes the central figure in this slow-burning, complicated thriller. She used to work for Gumbiner-Fischer and, while she knows a lot about the company and some of its dark secrets, she always kept her distance from Lee's ultra-sensitive work and travel.

Informed of his death by an Irish police officer, Detective Sergeant Emer Byrne (Angeline Ball, best known outside of Ireland for Mr. Selfridge and The Commitments), she realizes that she actually knows very little about the man she married.

It was VERY good and even tho it did air on Acorn I think we watched it on Netflix
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #855
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,172 Times in 5,136 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished Love, Victor on Hulu and I loved it. It's a coming-of-age, coming-out story. Victor and his family move from Texas to Atlanta, and Victor starts his sophomore year at a new high school. He's confused about being straight or gay, and the angst ensues. His sister and little brother add to the mix, and his parents are having troubles of their own.

It's extremely well-made, and reminds me somewhat of My So-Called Life. Yes, it's about high school, but I enjoyed seeing what the kids these days are into. And, it's a love story.

If you're doubtful about watching a show about high school kids, just remember why adults are still reading/watching Romeo and Juliet hundreds of years after it was written - it reminds us what it's like to be young and in love.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #856
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I found The Order on Netflix and watched both seasons this week.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2020, 09:14 PM   #857
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sex Sent Me to the ER. Series full of all sorts of “kids please don't try this at home” stories.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 01:49 AM   #858
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,108 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Locke

Locke on Netflix with Tom Hardy

Quite enjoyed this. Shot in real time. Story of man on a 90-minute drive having phone conversations with co workers and family as his life unravels.

Tom Hardy is the only person we see in the film.

Better than I expected.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:32 AM   #859
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

since we are all caught up on The Travelers... we have moved to Sense8... a good series that was completely cut short....sigh.. and we will be checking out a comedy movie....
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:28 PM   #860
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

What haven't I watched would be a better question, I suppose. I found The Chef's Line today and watched through the Vietnamese challenges, which made me hungry. I've finished Alexa & Katie, a family series about a 14 year old with Leukemia and her journey through treatment and the 4 years of high school. I've gone through Crazy Delicious and wondered why the host and "food gods" never change clothes, as well as the entire first season of Blown Away, a glass blowing competition. I've re-watched the first 12 seasons of Criminal Minds and am going back through NCIS again as well. I also found Say I Do last night, which is another wedding show but it has Jeremiah, who I adore, and the first two episodes were really good and kind of gutted me in a good way. I cried along right with the brides, especially the first one. I started Fire Saga but haven't gotten far. My attention span dictates short bursts right now so a movie is just not working for me. I might go back to the Adventures of Sabrina. I was quite a few episodes into it when I stopped watching. This is all on Netflix.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: