Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 08-12-2018, 05:42 AM   #161
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 3,763 Times in 763 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Our order from The Herbivorous Butcher arrived a few days ago, it included brats, rib-eyes, burgers etc...for anyone who was/is a carnivore and enjoy the texture of meat, I highly recommend.

Obviously, their "meat" is meat free, and their cheeses are 100%vegan. They make small batches of meat free meat and cheeses by hand. This brother and sister team is out of Minneapolis, their shipping and packaging are top notch. They make their own shipping coolers.

If any of you order from them, let me know what you think.
Ok, A, I just ordered from them and can't wait to get all of the goodies. I ordered the pepperoni, mozzarella, maple sage breakfast sausage, maple glazed bacon, and the korean bbq ribs. I am excited to try the bacon because that is one thing I have attempted to make multiple different ways and have not been satisfied with the results. Also, I have thought about making my own mozzarella, but I think I would like to see how theirs is first since their ingredients are similar to the recipes I have. Also, no added salt (other than what is in the soy sauce and such) which is awesome because that is why I stopped buying anything pre-made, like sausages, because the sodium levels are ridiculous and I would feel like shit after eating them. Add in freezer friendly and free shipping and I am good! Thanks for introducing this to me!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #162
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch lesbian who enjoys femme lesbians
Preferred Pronoun?:
Call me Ace
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 9,859 Times in 1,313 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

I failed to mention this re The Herbivorous Butcher.

They also run a farm animal rescue sanctuary! Look at the pictures on their web site!
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #163
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 97,322 Times in 22,877 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Anytime anyone doesn't want their beets, send them my way! Roasted, zoodled, Harvard, pickled, et cetera. The only way I can't remember having them is fried and now that that is in my head, I'm going to think about that.

I'm currently making a batch of spaghetti sauce (gravy, if you prefer) with Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles, some leftover fresh salsa, fresh garlic, an herbed and garlic sauce base and mushrooms. I've used it before as a meat substitute and it worked out really well although this particular combination is new. I bought some chipotle salsa that I didn't really like and didn't want to waste it so there you go. We'll see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #164
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
green witch
Relationship Status:
taken

Thanked 16,406 Times in 4,441 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

if you're into mushrooms like i am then you might enjoy mushrooms, browned in a Vegan butter (i use Miyoko's), take out of pan and add a bit more butter, brown sweet onions, (with a bit of garlic) and if you like add some green, red and yellow bell peppers sliced. Cook a pasta in the meanwhile, drain. Put pasta in bottom of casserole dish. Layer with onion/pepper mixture, then add browned mushrooms. Then I top with a sprinkle of Vegan Mozz and Poppyseeds (my weakness). Bake until cheese slightly melts or warmed thru. Serve with an avocado and tomato salad. It's simple and kinda heavenly if you love that sort of thing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #165
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
green witch
Relationship Status:
taken

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Three Girls Vegan Creamery-worthy

http://www.threegirlsvegan.com/?v=7516fd43adaa
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #166
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
green witch
Relationship Status:
taken

having tea..earl grey with a thin slice of Vegan banana bread & coconut yogurt topped with a sprinkle of granola & berry compote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #167
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Game changer. Homemade vegan bouillon powder.

http://www.plantpowercouple.com/reci...uillon-powder/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2018, 05:28 PM   #168
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Two of my favorite things:

Vegan cream of asparagus soup. So good and so easy.
https://thatgirlcookshealthy.com/veg...s-soup-recipe/ (And I only use the low fat coconut milk from the can. I like my soups thicker and the other coconut milk, not in the can, is much thinner.)

And if you are a fan of Annie's Goddess dressing, you have to try this. This is as close as you can get without going out and buying it. (I only use tahini, low fat coconut milk from the can, and soy sauce, not tamari)

1/3 cup tahini (or cashew butter)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 + cup chopped green onion
1 tbsp sesame seed
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari sauce (Coconut aminos for whole 30 option)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 a lemon squeezed)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt and black pepper each (to taste)
1 tsp minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk (see notes for this)
1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
optional – to make thinner dressing add in 2 tbsp water or a bit more oil.

Be sure to chop all your veggies first. Measure them out.
Place everything but the oil in a food processor. Pulse or thin out. Then keep the food processor running and add in your oil slolwy. Add more onion or salt at the end if desired. (And I throw it all in at once. I don't add the oil separately.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: