Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-28-2023, 06:54 AM   #5341
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Thanks Orema, glad to hear your progress report. I’ve been getting about 16K — 18K steps a day or better. But it just makes me hungry and I’ve yet to see any real positive side effects to all these steps I keep walking, lol.

If I successfully get signed up for Medicare, I hear they give us an “allowance” to pay for a gym membership. I’m going to see if I can do the one type of membership that allows me to get Red Light Therapy. R. L. T. Has many benefits. For example, exposure to Red Light stimulates your body’s own collagen and it improves how your joints can move, and it aids in dealing with seasonal affective disorder which improves your mental health outlook. I’ve heard Planet Fitness is a good gym choice. We shall see.

Happy almost October. 🎃🍁🍁🍁
Good on you, Katz, getting in so many steps in a day! It must feel good.

I have medicare and Planet Fitness comes with the medicare plan I have (see link below). I haven't tried Planet Fitness yet, but will at some time. I have issues about gyms, but I plan on checking it out over the next year.

Here is a link I've found that's invaluable once I got on medicare.

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/medicare/

I chose a plan that worked for my needs. You and GM may want to check out this link if you haven't already.

Had a lovely walk with sweet Bella and her owner this morning before the sun rose. I think we walked .25 mile, but I'm not sure because I didn't set my watch. We'll probably walk again this evening. We're tryna get in as many walks as possible before the s-n-o-w comes. (People in these parts don't like saying that word and often spell it out. Cracks me up, but I play along... sometimes LOL).

Also got some spins on my bike as the sun rose.

Hoping y'all get to move some of those joints today.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:45 AM   #5342
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Good on you, Katz, getting in so many steps in a day! It must feel good.

I have medicare and Planet Fitness comes with the medicare plan I have (see link below). I haven't tried Planet Fitness yet, but will at some time. I have issues about gyms, but I plan on checking it out over the next year.

Here is a link I've found that's invaluable once I got on medicare.

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/medicare/

I chose a plan that worked for my needs. You and GM may want to check out this link if you haven't already.

Had a lovely walk with sweet Bella and her owner this morning before the sun rose. I think we walked .25 mile, but I'm not sure because I didn't set my watch. We'll probably walk again this evening. We're tryna get in as many walks as possible before the s-n-o-w comes. (People in these parts don't like saying that word and often spell it out. Cracks me up, but I play along... sometimes LOL).

Also got some spins on my bike as the sun rose.

Hoping y'all get to move some of those joints today.

Hey hey, sweet friend up in Michigan!

Thank you for that link !! I appreciate you!

I’m actually worried about you for this coming winter months. I’m certain your area and eastward toward the Atlantic interior states will get hit with unmerciful rounds of winter snow. Out here on the west coast, we will be edging toward dryer conditions which will tender our area with fire weather conditions. We just got a week of rain that we haven’t had in nearly a year and Mt Hood has no marshmallow snow covering at all. Our water supply comes off that mountain (volcano) so no snow means no water. Terribly concerning, it is.

Glad to hear you got out for a stroll with Bella. ☺️

Thanks again for the Medicare fitness link!!

Big hugs to you!! 🤗😘☺️

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 01:10 PM   #5343
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Weight loss comes down to 80% food and nutritional intake and 20% exercise and physical movement. I can spend 2 hours per day exercising and burning tons of calories but if I'm jamming 4000+ calories a day down my gullet, it won't change a thing.

Katz, look at it this way; regular movement keeps the joints lubricated and you are far less likely to experience sciatica issues or general stiffness by boot scooting all over the place every day. I am getting at least 20,000 steps in every day I work and over 12,000 on my days off. Lately, I'm getting even more at work because I'm going back and forth between two separate properties and that's a lot of hoofing it.

If anyone is like me in that re/starting an exercise program and/or getting back into the gym takes an extra push, keep in mind that October 1st falls on a Sunday this year. The first is always a good day to start a new program and most folks have more time on the weekends to truly give something a chance so it seems like the perfect time to start something or at least try something new.

If someone wants accountability, I'll be doing it and will be checking back in here a few times a week to report my progress.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2023, 02:28 PM   #5344
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Check In

Well, I did it! I dragged myself to the gym at o'dark thirty this morning and did a full set. Half an hour on the elliptical (and, boy, could I tell I hadn't worked out in a while!), half an hour of light to moderate weight training using the circuit machines and finishing with another 15 minutes on the elliptical to stretch everything out a bit and cool down.

I'm not using a notebook like I did before to keep track of my stats but the two elliptical jaunts together gave me a figure around 315 calories, which likely translates to about 250 calories burned using an average of 20% off for inaccuracy and miscalculation of the machine. Those things are always set to skew upwards in terms of caloric burn plus every ride is different so there's no way it's going to be 100% accurate for everyone, even if it was just calibrated.

I hoped to use the Evolt machine to get a more accurate starting point for myself as one of the trainers gave me the code to it a while ago but someone changed it so that was a bust. Unfortunately, that was the whole point of getting up so darn early today so I wasn't pleased about that.

I wound up getting home, making and finishing breakfast before the sun came up. A quick shower followed by a nap got me on the right foot to do something productive with the remainder of my day.

My next day off is Thursday so the days in between will likely consist of short workouts of 30 minutes or less; just enough to say I went and did something but not enough to take up all of my free time.

What are you doing today?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-02-2023, 06:56 AM   #5345
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Well, I did it! I dragged myself to the gym at o'dark thirty this morning and did a full set. Half an hour on the elliptical (and, boy, could I tell I hadn't worked out in a while!), half an hour of light to moderate weight training using the circuit machines and finishing with another 15 minutes on the elliptical to stretch everything out a bit and cool down.

I'm not using a notebook like I did before to keep track of my stats but the two elliptical jaunts together gave me a figure around 315 calories, which likely translates to about 250 calories burned using an average of 20% off for inaccuracy and miscalculation of the machine. Those things are always set to skew upwards in terms of caloric burn plus every ride is different so there's no way it's going to be 100% accurate for everyone, even if it was just calibrated.

I hoped to use the Evolt machine to get a more accurate starting point for myself as one of the trainers gave me the code to it a while ago but someone changed it so that was a bust. Unfortunately, that was the whole point of getting up so darn early today so I wasn't pleased about that.

I wound up getting home, making and finishing breakfast before the sun came up. A quick shower followed by a nap got me on the right foot to do something productive with the remainder of my day.

My next day off is Thursday so the days in between will likely consist of short workouts of 30 minutes or less; just enough to say I went and did something but not enough to take up all of my free time.

What are you doing today?
I've got a few things in common with you on this, but not much

I too am getting up early in the morning before the sun rises and, though you're not using your notebook, I've stop keeping track of my daily exercises all together. I kept notes every day for a couple years and it's good to take a break. I'll probably pick it up closer to the December holidays.

Thanks for the report on your gym activities. I have a membership to a gym with medicare, but haven't used it yet. Will look into it next year after I spend a few more months recuperating.

This morning I had a really good ride on the bike. My speed got as high as 17.5 mph and I kept it up for 3 minutes. Good on me.

I like getting in a short walk and ride on the bike in the same day, but I have to do the walk first. The knees don't like long walks after a 5 mile ride. Hopefully, that will change with time.

That's what I did today, what about y'all?

Old 10-02-2023, 10:31 AM   #5346
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The exercise report <3<3

Well girls, I'm going to work which means I will log more than 20K steps.

Other than that, I plan to exercise my diet and eat some good food.

Gotta stay healthy, right?

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2023, 09:24 PM   #5347
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Check In

True to my word, I had a short workout tonight. For one, I got out of work late and didn't want to get too wound up or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Two, I am tired. To the bone kind of tired. Three, my arms are rubber from yesterday's workout and even though I stretched, they have ached all day. Oh, the joy of jumping back into a program.

Anyway, tonight was the elliptical. 30 minutes plus 5 for a cool down. The motion was a nice stretch for the arms and I was able to zone out, close my eyes and listen to my music. I didn't want to get all sweaty so I kept it at a steady 3.4-3.5 mph until more people showed up and the gym got warm and then I dropped it down to about 3.2 mph. 255 calories aka +/- 200 calories burned.

What did you do today?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2023, 09:43 PM   #5348
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,162 Times in 5,132 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
That's what I did today, what about y'all?
I opened all the mail I haven't looked at for the past three months. My left arm (the flinging into the wastebasket arm) and my right thumb got a great workout.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2023, 01:55 PM   #5349
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I've signed up for a weekly 5k walk with a neighborhood group. Its definitely a chance for me and my bestie to be chatty! Walking around Spring Bayou, downtown. It's a beautiful park and walk.

Walking around homes like this..

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2023, 08:38 PM   #5350
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Check In

Someone....not naming names here, buuuttt...someone was pissed off from work and hopped on that elliptical like it would ride her to a new, far away land.

Almost 3 and a quarter miles in 45 minutes with an average of 14.04 minutes per mile. Taking 20% off the top leaves me with approximately 293 calories burned.

Also, there was a fire truck outside a restaurant in the plaza where my gym is located, which was quickly followed by an ambulance. I guess the linguini didn't agree with someone...

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-15-2023, 04:54 PM   #5351
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Checking In

I got waylaid by life and didn't post my stats BUT I have been to the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY of October so far. My gym has a chalkboard at the entrance and they celebrate those with the highest number of workout days and you bettah believe that I want my name on that board because it sits there ALLLLL month long until the next update and there's only two women on the board now out of 12, I think. I want to be THE female to be on top and I'm halfway there, peeps!

I'll break it up since I have so many to do and extra long posts tend to time out on me so it'll take 2-3 to get caught up until today.

Here we go!

October 4th
217 calories
1.73 miles
30 minutes
17:18 average pace
1 minute of light bulb energy

This equates to 2257 feet climbed, an average speed of 3.5 mph and 43 RPM.

October 5th
I started with the rower this day and moved to the elliptical for the cooldown.

Rower: 40 min with a work for 2 min, rest for 10-30 sec pattern that continued throughout the full workout. 366 calories, 32 s/m (strokes per minute), 7072 meters

Note: the rower is fun but hard for me as the compression on my middle makes me wish I have never eaten food at all so there was zero water intake during this ride and it was a sweaty, lactic acid kind of ride for me. I was miserable but happy in a way (endorphins, I guess) and pleased with my final numbers.

Elliptical: 29 calories, .24 miles, 20:33 pace, 0 light bulb minutes b/c there was no intensity in the cooldown, 253 feet climbed, 2.9 mph, 36 RPM

October 6th
222 calories
1.85 miles
30 minutes
16:12 pace
1 minute of light bulb time

and....I missed the rest of the stats. I take a photo of the screen now and I got into the workout a little too much that I missed it before the screen changed over. Boo.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-15-2023, 05:15 PM   #5352
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Checking In

October 7th
555 calories
3.81 miles
65 minutes
17:02 pace
29 minutes of light bulb time, which tells you that this ride had some intensity
6411 feet climbed
3.5 mph
44 RPM

This was a long, intense ride and I was definitely a salty mess afterwards but it felt really good, especially since I'm trying to use this opportunity to release some of my work stress. It rained this day. I remember that b/c I wanted to go to the art festival but not when it's pouring since the vendors are outside.

October 8th
41 calories, .34 miles, 5 min, 14:58 pace, zero light bulb minutes, 451 feet climbed, 4.0 mph, 49 RPM (warm up)

30 minutes-ish of weight training

35 calories, .28 miles, 5 min, 17:58 pace, zero light bulb minutes, 354 feet climbed, 3.3 mph, 43. RPM (cool down)

Note: I actually got up there in speed (for me) in the warm up. The pace says, "I'm here to work" too. Look at me go!

This was the day I went to the art festival so I just wanted to get in and get out. No fuss, no muss because I knew I had miles of walking ahead to me as a secondary kind of 'workout'.

October 9th
407 calories
3.31 miles
55 minutes
16:36 pace
2 minutes of light bulb energy
4308 feet climbed
3.6 mph
45 RPM

I took this day off of work (holiday pay!) so I had more time and I feel that I made good use of it.

October 10th
238 calories
1.87 miles
30 minutes
16:03 pace
7 minutes of light bulb energy
2684 feet climbed, 3.7 mph, 46 RPM

I don't remember this workout specifically but, from the numbers, I did pretty good with it. The workouts after work are especially tough. I'll come in and yawn for the first 10 minutes, I'm so tired, but I usually perk up the second half. Some days are truly a struggle bus, though.

October 11th
501 calories
4.11 miles
65 minutes
15:49 pace
2 minutes of light bulb energy
5448 feet climbed
3.8 mph
46 RPM

This was a really good one!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-15-2023, 05:27 PM   #5353
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Checking In

October 12th
292 calories, 2.22 miles, 35 minutes, 15:44 pace, 13 minutes of light bulb energy, 3422 feet climbed, 3.8 mph, 47 RPM (warm up)

Rower: 11 minutes, 105 calories, 31 s/m

96 calories, .79 miles, 15 minutes, 18:56 pace, zero light bulb minutes, 939 feet climbed, 3.2 mph, 40 RPM (cool down)

October 13th-FRIDAY!!!
217 calories
1.77 miles
30 minutes
16:58 pace
1 minute of light bulb energy
2339 feet climbed
3.5 mph
44 RPM

This one was tough, I remember. I dragged myself to the gym and just kind of dragged myself home afterwards.

October 14th
353 calories
2.52 miles
45 minutes
17:52 pace
7 minutes of light bulb energy
3571 feet climbed
3.4 mph
42 RPM

October 15th
406 calories
2.83 miles
45 minutes
15:54 pace
26 minutes of light bulb energy--SUPER intensity today!
4819 feet climbed
3.8 mph
46 RPM

Now, I know there's a discrepancy between what the figures show and what my body actually burns, but not today, dammit. Not today, Satan, not today!!! I EARNED every single calorie and burned each and every one of them in my own little bonfire. They went screaming all the way, too. It was a tough start and the intensity really slowed me down in the middle but I feel like I crushed this workout and nothing's going to tell me differently.

So, what did you do today?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:24 PM   #5354
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

after I walked another 5k tonight, I put on over 7 miles on my feet!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2023, 06:03 AM   #5355
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning while mourning the loss of Carla Bley. Watched a Master Class on Black History, Freedom, and Love on Hoopla. That helped to counter the sadness of Bley.

Have started taking notes again. I miss keeping exercise notes and it helps me be consistent.

Hoping everyone is getting in a step or two.

Old 10-21-2023, 06:44 AM   #5356
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had an okay ride this morning while watching the sun rise. Didn't really want to ride, but didn't it anyway and am glad I did. If nothing else, I like filling in my spreadsheet. The sky was gorgeous and worth getting up to see.

This week I:

– rode 20.8 miles for 1h 39m
– did 135 arm rolls

My numbers are low and that's okay. Think I'll go to the mall with a friend later today and will get some steps in. I'm getting in more steps than ever.

Old 10-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #5357
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Checking In

October 16th
266 calories, 2.27 miles, 35 minutes, 15:24 pace, 1 minute of light bulb energy, 2854 feet climbed, 3.9 mph, 47 rpm.

October 17th
245 calories, 1.98 miles, 35 minutes, 17:39 pace, 1 minute of light bulb energy, 2482 feet climbed, 3.4 mph, 42 rpm.

October 18th
243 calories, 2.20 miles, 30 minutes, 13:39 pace, 5 minutes of light bulb energy, 2721 feet climbed, 4.4 mph, 51 rpm.

Now, the past two days were similar but it's interesting to look back and compare. I can see that I clearly worked harder on Wednesday than Tuesday. While the calorie burn is nearly identical, I had less time on Wednesday but the pace was exactly four minutes faster, I climbed more, was 1 mph faster and had 9 more revolutions per minute for that half an hour. I definitely broke a sweat on the last workout.

October 19th
93 calories, .73 miles, 11 minutes, 14:58 pace, 4 minutes of light bulb energy, 1.65 feet climbed, 4.0 mph, 48 rpm. Warm up.

Weight training-30 minutes

75 calories, .66 miles, 10 minutes, 15:10 pace, 0 minutes of light bulb energy, 824 feet climbed, 4.0 mph, 48 rpm. Cool down.

October 20th
160 calories, 1.36 miles, 25 minutes, 18:19 pace, 1 minute of light bulb energy, 1597 feet climbed, 3.3 mph, 41 rpm.

I'm not sure how I got the light bulb energy because I was dragging this workout and just over life in general. I had little to no intensity so that's why the mph and rpm are still decent but, yeah, I skated this workout. Better than nothing, though.

October 21st
291 calories, 2.58 miles, 35 minutes, 13:33 pace, 18 minutes of light bulb energy, 3432 feet climbed, 4.4 mph, 52 rpm.

Now, this workout was also going to be a basic show up and do something workout, but once I hopped onto the elliptical, my body decided it needed more so I went with it. You can tell by the light bulb energy that I busted my keister since that only shows up when there's a high intensity or additional resistance used. This one definitely balanced out the previous workout.

October 22nd
113 calories, .96 miles, 15 minutes, 15:31 pace, 2 minutes of light bulb energy, 1264 feet climbed, 3.9 mph, 47 rpm--warm up

Weight training-35 minutes

72 calories, .56 miles, 10 minutes, 17:44 pace, 0 minutes of light bulb energy, 778 feet climbed, 3.4 mph, 42 rpm.

I just have 9 more days to go to fulfill my goal of hitting the gym every single day in October. I call it my 31 day challenge. That's exciting to me because it's so hard to dig up the motivation to go after a 10 hour day but my life is so chaotic right now that I really needed to have something that I could succeed at with a reasonable amount of control involved. Nothing too wild but just something that I had some sort of power over and it's just a benefit that it's something that is good for my physical wellbeing. Not sure if anyone is feeling this way now but work has me rethinking things. If I had an alternate source for housing lined up, I would turn in my resignation in a heartbeat and that makes me really sad. I had every intention of retiring with my previous employer before they sold out. Anyway, this is what is on my mind when I'm whirling away on the elliptical.

So, what did you do today?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-22-2023, 07:16 PM   #5358
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Great job Gemme! I love the challenge idea. I'm putting myself on the Turkey Target!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 06:58 AM   #5359
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning while listening to a Michael Harriot audio book and watching an indoor cycling training video filmed in Norway. Had some okay rides this week. Did more walking than riding but didn't record any steps. Need to reprogram my watch, I guess.

This week I:

– rode 16.6 miles for 44m
– did 50 arm rolls

Hope y'all are getting in a step or two.

Old 11-01-2023, 05:27 PM   #5360
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Turkey Target, exercise 3 times a week for an hour. Walk a 5k (3.3 miles) or ride my bike for an hour. ( I work two nights )

Today, 5K, one hour, 17,638 steps today. Almost 2000 calories. 😮😮

The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights