Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
look past the online /long distance veil

don't forget each other after the new love smell wears off.
Exactly, Ms. Sassy Girl....thanks!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #122
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

ok, here goes:

take walks along the beach (or elsewhere) and pick up rocks that look like hearts. (there are a surprising number of them!) give them, send them, or take a cell photo of your hand holding it and send that. or save them until you have a lot.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #123
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

do postcards. but not with long messages or even sentences. my ex-lover once sent me a picture postcard of Tina Turner that had written on the back:

River deep, mountain high.

That's so hot, isn't it?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #124
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

verbalize how much you appreciate your partner, don't assume it's known and yes we like to hear it often!

leave your ex tucked away in your heart, not in each and every conversation.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #125
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Talk it out, and take notes!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #126
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I am guilty of doing too much. So much so, I end up being mommie.
I come across as not needing others. but its not true.
I need to have higher expectations of others, but less of me.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #127
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I am guilty of doing too much. So much so, I end up being mommie.
I come across as not needing others. but its not true.
I need to have higher expectations of others, but less of me.
Exactly! I do this too! For the first time, NOT this time!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #128
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Exactly! I do this too! For the first time, NOT this time!
It's a hard pattern to break. I have a hard time letting go and allowing things to just not get done.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #129
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default partners

Quote:
It's a hard pattern to break. I have a hard time letting go and allowing things to just not get done.
I would never be in a committed relationship with someone who didn't have the same work ethic as me. We are a team, team mates pitch in, join forces and help each other. I think that's a perk of having a partner. Even if my "wife" loved to make her own jewlery, I don't know the first thing about it. And it doesn't interest me in the least. But if she needed help, I'd do whatever she told me to do. I'd learn quickly, so I could help. If I lived with someone, they wouldn't have to tell me what they need , I could see it for myself and just do it. I think it's all part of the package. It's the least I can do. If she decided she wanted to paint the living room, first thing Sat. morning I'd have everything set up ready to go, probably before she even got up. Any project she decided to start, would automatically become my project too, unless she told me to get lost. hahaha
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #130
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I would never be in a committed relationship with someone who didn't have the same work ethic as me. We are a team, team mates pitch in, join forces and help each other. I think that's a perk of having a partner. Even if my "wife" loved to make her own jewlery, I don't know the first thing about it. And it doesn't interest me in the least. But if she needed help, I'd do whatever she told me to do. I'd learn quickly, so I could help. If I lived with someone, they wouldn't have to tell me what they need , I could see it for myself and just do it. I think it's all part of the package. It's the least I can do. If she decided she wanted to paint the living room, first thing Sat. morning I'd have everything set up ready to go, probably before she even got up. Any project she decided to start, would automatically become my project too, unless she told me to get lost. hahaha
I have a really strong work ethic and it is a sickness I was told. lol
I think knocking out a wall to rearrange the house is fun.
My yard looks so bad right now. It's embarrassing, it feels like a reflection of being lazy.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #131
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have a really strong work ethic and it is a sickness I was told. lol
I think knocking out a wall to rearrange the house is fun.
My yard looks so bad right now. It's embarrassing, it feels like a reflection of being lazy.
It has been my experience that who ever says that a strong work ethic is a sickness , is just trying to justify their laziness. And maybe manipulate you into not doing so much. That way they don't appear to be so lazy, and the more you do the more they know you are going to resent them not helping. So if they can get you to slow down, or stop, all the better for them. They also know sooner or later you are probably going to expect them to help, that's what they are trying to avoid.
Am I right or am I right?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #132
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
It has been my experience that who ever says that a strong work ethic is a sickness , is just trying to justify their laziness. And maybe manipulate you into not doing so much. That way they don't appear to be so lazy, and the more you do the more they know you are going to resent them not helping. So if they can get you to slow down, or stop, all the better for them. They also know sooner or later you are probably going to expect them to help, that's what they are trying to avoid.
Am I right or am I right?

LMAO...you are so damn right!!! I work because I love to be busy. l love feeling productive at the end of the day. If they can't keep up they need to get out of the way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #133
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Make out with her like it was the first time
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #134
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Live in reality, not virtual reality

Be smart and take care of yourself, even if it means you will have to be the bad guy.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #135
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

When the relationship is over, accept one's personal responsibility and then move on. Don't air dirty laundry, doesn't make anyone look good, don't make passive agressive posts and pretend they are not.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #136
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Don't Do anything. Take some breaks from your relationship. Focus on your other interests, or get some other s*** straightened out. Do something or go somewhere else then come back.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #137
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Take time together every now and then, no computers or phones, and just be, you never know what a difference that could make
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #138
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Be honest and real. If something is bothering you deal with it, pretending it does not exist makes it snowball then becomes dynamite, waiting to explode.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #139
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

stand by her side even if you disagree with her and think she is wrong. Support her through the good and the bad.

Never go to bed angry at each other

Always be affectionate

Always be silly and laugh together

Loyalty is never an option

Make her feel like she is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Communication, Communication, and COMMUNICATION. Talk about anything and everything.

Never hide anything from your partner. Any deception will kill a relationship.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #140
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutchmistie View Post
stand by her side even if you disagree with her and think she is wrong. Support her through the good and the bad.

Never go to bed angry at each other

Always be affectionate

Always be silly and laugh together

Loyalty is never an option

Make her feel like she is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Communication, Communication, and COMMUNICATION. Talk about anything and everything.

Never hide anything from your partner. Any deception will kill a relationship.

This last part is especially true, but sometimes we don't divulge the bad in us not realizing we could potentially hurt someone in the long run.

I don't agree with the going to bed angry part, sometimes I need an overnight to regroup and think. I am always better the next day where I can talk clearly... or especially if what has made me angry/upset happened late at night.