Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #21
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Frankly, I think they all suck a little. Nothing is private anymore. Between Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, blah blah ... it's amazing how some people in the world can't function without knowing when someone flushes a toilet.

I have a facebook page - but I keep it private and with little information. I never post anything about work, and if I do complain about something, I keep it ambiguous. Lately, all I've been posting are pictures of Max (our new fuzzie baby). Outside of that, I have actually thought about deleting it.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

*tilts head, thinking*

I don't think I can delete my facebook. It helps me feel connected to people who are really important to me. I hid all the apps and games, so what I see on fb is what those I care about are talking about. It's sorta like a giant expanded version of the Dear thread.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #23
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
*tilts head, thinking*

I don't think I can delete my facebook. It helps me feel connected to people who are really important to me. I hid all the apps and games, so what I see on fb is what those I care about are talking about. It's sorta like a giant expanded version of the Dear thread.
i think youre right bit... its the way i stay connected to folks i have lost...
and also...
i live in a really small town... sadly about 80% of the folks i went to school with are really conservative christians... at least 10 or 12 of them are on my friends list... i try really hard to educated them since i know they must never get anything but fox brand of the news... i am sure that i am prolly just giving most of them something to gossip and pray about... but... if i get thru to one of them... im happy... so... i will keep plugging away at their ignorant armor... and keep staying in touch with my real buddies...
i think fb is evil... but its the only option right now... i heard there was oing to be an open source site that didnt sell all your info... but.. unfortunately... i havent heard it in a while...
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #24
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
My BOSS friended me on Facebook about 3 weeks ago.

I havent friended him back yet and am feeling kinda guilty about it.

My OR manager friended me. I accepted, then later deleted her. I dont think she ever knew!!! roflmao
Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
My BOSS friended me on Facebook about 3 weeks ago.

I havent friended him back yet and am feeling kinda guilty about it.
Which is why I have two (really four lol) accounts. My personal one, which my friends are on and my work one. I certainly could not have my work and personal intermingle... ever!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #26
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
Which is why I have two (really four lol) accounts. My personal one, which my friends are on and my work one. I certainly could not have my work and personal intermingle... ever!
Part of me really understands this and I'm not in any way judging you for doing what you feel you need to do. But on the other hand it saddens and frustrates me.

I'd had a Facebook account for a while before I began using it. When I did start using it I only used it to help keep in contact with my long distance girlfriend. I never accepted friend requests from anyone I worked with. Well, actually, anyone at all.

Then slowly I began understanding how important it is for me to live authentically without compartmentalizing different aspects of me. I don't talk about my sex life and I don't bitch about my work (beyond an occasional "man, what a day" comment now and again). Keeping in mind the basic tenets of what is appropriate for public consumption I'm able to navigate both my personal and professional lives. Granted, I don't friend professional contacts whom I've not met in person.

And.... when I really need to keep a comment from someone, or someones I simply filter it with the Facebook tools - for lists, etc.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #27
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Part of me really understands this and I'm not in any way judging you for doing what you feel you need to do. But on the other hand it saddens and frustrates me.

I'd had a Facebook account for a while before I began using it. When I did start using it I only used it to help keep in contact with my long distance girlfriend. I never accepted friend requests from anyone I worked with. Well, actually, anyone at all.

Then slowly I began understanding how important it is for me to live authentically without compartmentalizing different aspects of me. I don't talk about my sex life and I don't bitch about my work (beyond an occasional "man, what a day" comment now and again). Keeping in mind the basic tenets of what is appropriate for public consumption I'm able to navigate both my personal and professional lives. Granted, I don't friend professional contacts whom I've not met in person.

And.... when I really need to keep a comment from someone, or someones I simply filter it with the Facebook tools - for lists, etc.
I have one account that includes everyone. I sometimes wish I didn't. Yes, you can control lists and some things keeping them so other people can't see them but facebook (this may shock some of you regular users) doesn't always work right. I like to play games, specifically FV and MW. I like to play them often. There are alot of mystery eggs that go unposted because I don't want some people to see post after post of games - they may assume that I have some sort of a problem - which of course is untrue. I can stop playing them whenever I want *twitch*.

I understand people and their want for seperate pages. I would also like to friend my other self so I can get more gifts and help myself during boss fights. Oh, and unwither my crops and feed my chickens.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:33 AM   #28
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I am not a fan of Facebook. I tried it and it was fun to begin with but then it started requiring too much everyday maintenance to keep up with everyone's postings and remarks. Then, if I neglected or accidentally overlooked someone's post and did not respond, they would get their feelings hurt.

Facebook is a total waste of my time.

I can see where it has caused many people much trouble. Same goes for other similar sites too. I would rather meet a friend face to face for dinner than spend endless hours on Facebook jockeying to be the most clever, the smartest, etc. one in my little group. Maybe if I did not work then I might feel differently - who knows??? Anyway, I know I am much better in person with people than I am in any given online situation. Really not too good online at all. One bad choice in my wording (might be just one typed word) can pull me into typing for hours trying to explain that is not what I meant. It is very frustrating for me when I have hurriedly chosen a wrong word in my description of something. But then, that is just me and my take on things.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #29
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I tried Facebook for about a week, maybe. I was bombarded with Farm Animal stuff. I keep my account primarily dormant. When I am doing research and know maybe Facebook can help, I reactivate my account, go in, do my business and reset my account to "Deactivate."
Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #30
FlowerFem

How Do You Identify?:
femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
dating

FlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST Reputation
Default facebook

I loathe facebook. I cancelled my account. Facebook is a boil on the butt of humanity .
FlowerFem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #31
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I was reading an article recently about how many employers now ask about social networking sites while interviewing. The two most popular questions asked of applicants were:

Do you belong to a social or public networking site?

Have you made or authorized any other public internet postings during the past year of your name, image, or commentary? Do you have any concerns about the impact of these postings on your potential employers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
He may be moving, but he's screwed himself with any potential employers who check his facebook page.
We just covered this in a case in my Master program a couple of weeks ago. It actually is becoming a lawsuit issue if an employer makes a hiring decision based on your social sites. Not saying they don't do it, just saying if they make it known that they didn't hire someone for something they found on the internet or FB, etc. They are finding themselves vulnerable to lawsuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
That's a clever idea Infinite. I don't put anything on my FB that I wouldn't disclose in person. So pretty much, I post everything and anything. I am just as forward and outspoken in person as on my FB. Now at an interview I am the picture of professional accountant. But aren't we all something we usually are not at the initial interview? LOL

Also, depending on the field you are in, you can very quickly be terminated for your postings on social sights. I work at a hospital. People will inadvertantly post comments that they don't even realize are violations to HIPPA and quickly get canned.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm job hunting now and I've come across a couple of companies that have inquired about social networking sites.

Is it just me or is Big Brother getting bigger?

Blech.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #33
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Definitely getting bigger, darlin.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #34
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Getting bigger. I never put stuff out on the netz that would be considered inappropriate to a business atmosphere. I have an internal switch for that kind of thing.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #35
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

Here's the thing:

Never post anything on-line that you would be horrified to see on the front page of The New York Times. Plain and simple. Keep things private. Most large companies have background checkers who will google, check all social networking sites and twitter to find information about a prospective employee. Cut and dry.

I have a Face Book and I enjoy it immensely. It's been a venue to reconnect with old friends and family as well as keep up with current friends, etc...

But remember folks it's not called the World Wide Web for nothing. What you do and say is far reaching and speaks volumes about who you are!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post: