Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
Folks should get together and invest now in good berkey filters and deep artesian well drilling machines like one at deeprock.com.
even though I live in the country and have a deep well I still use my berkey. When people ask me what I want for a gift I tell them filters! lol They are like 100 bucks but they filter 3500 gallons of water. I could not, however find if they removed radiation. Do you know?

I'm happy to network with anyone willing to work. I have 30 acres but not enough room to house people but if you have an RV, tent system and don't mind roughing it have at it! I would love to see a collection of people.

My biggest concern tho is the nuke plants. An earthquake could shake them all up. Check this out

http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/operatin...-reactors.html

actually a better map

http://www.nukepills.com/nuclear-reactor-maps.htm

Last edited by Sachita; 10-17-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
Well, there's a lot to be said about water alone - availability, quality and the social justice behind access or lack thereof.

I lived in an area of greatly concentrated industrial agriculture in my home state. There was arsenic in the well water and in the soil that I planted in and ate from. And I found this out the hard way after many months of symptoms. This is also an area in which the aquifers are dropping rapidly. Many people don't realize where there water comes from or what the effects are of aquifers that are getting drawn down faster than they are being recharged. A good half of us depend on ground water.

I was fortunate enough to have a doctor bright enough to ask the right questions and take a hair sample. My arsenic levels were the highest he had seen in years, and I can tell you the effects of this on the human body are not pleasant. I looked in the mirror and saw death.

I recommend working with an integrated doctor who looks at hair sample analysis (there are plenty of toxins already in our bodies). I also recommend these:

Blue Gold by Maude Barlow

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...?cookieCheck=1

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Water/Blue_Gold.html

http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=8KsONoioTb4C

and "The Pollution Within" by David Ewing Duncan

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...le/duncan-text
So what did he do to bring your levels down? Do you know where he sent your hair sample to?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #23
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well, there's a lot to be said about water alone - availability, quality and the social justice behind access or lack thereof.
When people are pulling fish out of the water that have three eyes and teeth....I think thats a pretty good indicator there is a problem. That is true. It was the days of the steel mills. They dumped everything and anything into the water. The real truth on the shut down of the steel mills was not exclusively cheaper to import. The EPA was created and began enforcing regulations to protect the waterways and the air quality. The mills didn't want to implement what they viewed as expensive, so they shut down. Rather than co operate. Took their money and ran.

And, you want to talk about toxic waste pits. They (the steel mill owners) abandoned those sites. Many sat for as long as 25 years. The real estate was prime, but it all had to be cleaned to meet EPA regulations. Many are now sitting as green spaces. Not safe for building or habitat. Translated. Cancer Pits
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #24
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I use to live in the Florida Everglades way back in a rural area surrounded by orange groves and sugar cane fields. There is a 2000 mile canal system that goes throughout the state and is part of irrigation and water (mis)management.
Whenever they would spray the groves I would get sick. I didn't give the water to my dogs. I filtered all the water. I would see EPA trucks out there all the time and stories people just don't want to hear. The chemicals used for pest on citrus and sugar cane are extremely harmful. I'm floored they still allow it... BUT all this runs off into the canal system that many use to water crops. I honestly question organic certification in Florida because of this. Not unless they are providing their own safe water source and even that is questionable.

Its really hard to escape it all. All we can do is limit our exposure and find ways to be safe as possible. I didn't put the poly on the greenhouse yet and it needs it badly. I wish I could afford 10 year solexx and not worry about it. But what I'd really like to find is which water filters remove radiation and the like.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #25
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Folks; Berkey's DO NOT filter out radiation. You will have to purchase a RO at Costco for around $399. RO - reverse osmosis system. www.freedrinkingwater.com
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #26
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Even the small amount of radiation used in a bite wing xray is dangerous. People think the insurance companies are just being rigid on this. For ONCE
they are doing the right thing, by making dentists stop abusing the system just because you have the coverage and take bite wings every year.

Think about that......that itty bitty bit, and we are now talking about how much is our water and we use water for so many things. INCLUDING to bathe/shower.

My kat drinks fiji water, just like I do. The number one killer of kats is kidney disease (renal failure). I did a Ph test on my fiji water. it was a perfect 7. I did the same Ph test on my filtered tap water.....9.5 (alkaline)
Blech, I'm drinking chlorine.....thats why we do not drink it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Folks; Berkey's DO NOT filter out radiation. You will have to purchase a RO at Costco for around $399. RO - reverse osmosis system. www.freedrinkingwater.com
your sure RO would work? That might be a great idea for my greenhouse?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #28
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:

I did some speed reading on that....I always wondered what was so good about RO....but I did not see anything that said removes radiation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

RO removes particles larger than 0.001 micro, while most radiation particles are larger than 0.002 micro. So RO can remove most of the radiation from water. Get a stage 5 RO. google123 filter. You can add Hydra Booster to RO. The booster is from the purest water in the USA located on a quartz mine in Calloway Geogia.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #30
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
RO removes particles larger than 0.001 micro, while most radiation particles are larger than 0.002 micro. So RO can remove most of the radiation from water. Get a stage 5 RO. google123 filter. You can add Hydra Booster to RO. The booster is from the purest water in the USA located on a quartz mine in Calloway Geogia.
Good information! Thank you.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

do you have more clear info on hydro booster as referenced above? also google123 filter?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #32
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

S- 123filter.com and HydraBooster.com For Folks just needing to distill small amounts of radioactive water you can get non-electric distiller kits that you can use in an ordinary pressure cooker@ www.highwaterfilters.com But know how to safely dispose of the radioactive particles at the bottom.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #33
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

He did some IV chelation and gave me a chelating drug for detoxifcation. I also started taking higher doses of vitamin C, the B vitamins and D for this and other purposes. I grow and eat raw cilantro, the only plant known to pull metal out of the body (and incredibly tasty).

I will look up the companies used, Sachita. Again, I highly recommend this for anyone. It's painless and very telling. A hair analysis can give a wider and more long term picture of toxins in the body.

I use something called "A Better Bottle" for filtration. The better bottle is BPA free and gives me filtered water at about eight cents a glass. The filter is entirely recyclable. I use over a water crock.

I also iodine, and I would highly recommend you looking into this in the context of radiation and in the context of the general iodine deficiency that affects the vast majority of us.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/iodine.htm

http://www.mbschachter.com/Iodine.htm

RO is great if you can afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
So what did he do to bring your levels down? Do you know where he sent your hair sample to?
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #34
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE= My kat drinks fiji water, just like I do. The number one killer of kats is kidney disease (renal failure). I did a Ph test on my fiji water. it was a perfect 7. I did the same Ph test on my filtered tap water.....9.5 (alkaline)
Blech, I'm drinking chlorine.....thats why we do not drink it.[/QUOTE]

Great points, YB, and not to sound like the proverbial canary in a coal mine, but I had another telling experience when I learned what just a little bit of the water can do when I went to St. Petersburg, Russia, for a writers' conference.

St. Petersburg may well be the giardia capital of the world. I knew this going in, and was meticulous about what I drank. However, I stayed at a basic student hotel with no water filters on the shower heads or in the sinks. Needless to say, it only takes a drop of water to introduce something like giardia. And so I was out seeking a remedy after a week of rapid weight loss and digestive gymnastics.

I don't think folks should panic, but I do think a growing consciousness about water is called for.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #35
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't think folks should panic, but I do think a growing consciousness about water is called for.
Absolutely.

Think of all the things we flush into our water systems. Drugs, feces, urine, vomit, blood, food, chemicals, and who knows what. Our filtration systems that are currently in place are not enough to remove everything.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote