Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 01-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #61
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
When I was younger, I had anger issues. If I felt I was being wronged, in any way, real or not, I came right back at the person in a not nice way. As I got older, I learned that it didn't really make it better. Did not make me feel better. Many times, I let my mouth write checks my ass could not cash. I got my ass kicked more than once on that type of deal. I had to learn a better way to deal. So, I just started to ignore and walk away. And I will be darned, if it didn't keep me from getting my ass stomped into a mudhole. And something else.........I didn't drop to a childish level. I began to use my mind instead of my fists. Cause, honestly, I am too old to take a butt kickin' anymore.

Now, if ya throw a pea at me at the dinner table, all bets are off. I WILL throw a pea back. lol
I am not sure what time you are talking about , but since we dated about 5 years ago , you was always nice person and I never see any anger issues or violence from you . I always admire your intelligence and knowledge you have , You teach me a lot and I am grateful .

You will always be special person in my life .

hugs and kisses

Vlasta
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #62
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
I am not sure what time you are talking about , but since we dated about 5 years ago , you was always nice person and I never see any anger issues or violence from you . I always admire your intelligence and knowledge you have , You teach me a lot and I am grateful .

You will always be special person in my life .

hugs and kisses

Vlasta
I am sorry , I think I messed up . I was thinking I was in a different thread , I apologize .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #63
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, you did not know be back in my 20's and 30's. I was a mouthy, ill tempered shithead. rofl I aged well. Nuff said.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #64
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

It's pretty good I watch it every Wednesday.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #65
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Revenge.....Hmmmm. I've thought about it once or twice in my life, especially when harm came to my own. But Karma does its work. You just have to be patient and let it do what it's supposed to. They will get theirs when the time is right.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #66
Honey

How Do You Identify?:
big femme heart..... in a tight girlie package
Preferred Pronoun?:
just call me Honey
Relationship Status:
Playin' 4 keeps with Tomboi1982

Honey Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Revenge.....Hmmmm. I've thought about it once or twice in my life, especially when harm came to my own. But Karma does its work. You just have to be patient and let it do what it's supposed to. They will get theirs when the time is right.
...and hope that you are there to see it when karma bites'm in the ass
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Honey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #67
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

No, it isn't a far as I'm concerned. Let go and go on and don't allow someone else's negative actions or character flaws impact your life.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #68
SuddenlyWestFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

SuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softheart View Post
I will probably burn in the eternal fires but, I don't care. Sometimes it feels so good. (giggling)
There is a scientific reaason for that. According to Scientific American: "We have learned that revenge can activate pleasure centers in the brain and lead to that so-called "sweet taste of revenge." See their website article: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...enge-evolution

Yes, there is a lot of Science around how we feel good when we get revenge (and some of the studies show men get more pleasure from revenge than women - but that's another issue). But it is a pleasure that doesn't really last.

I find this topic interesting. When my ex (not on this site) left under really bad circumstances, I wanted to 'act-out' and get revenge. But being sober, it wasn't an option. I had to keep chanting "Do no harm" as I can't afford the instant pleasure that revenge would have brought no matter how much I wanted it. So now I do yoga and listen to Buddhist meditations and time has worked its magic on healing. I feel much better about myself than I would have - had I gotten revenge.

When I was so sad on the floor crying, I did a lot of research around the science of being left and wanting revenge (and friends sent me articles). I found that being left hits a part of the brain that is hit when burning hot coffee is spilled on you. It actually is physically painful! And wanting relief is just natural human behavior! It was good to know that there was a reason I was feeling so badly and I just had to do the next right thing and hold on for dear life until my brain was back to itself.

It is wonderfully hard to remain kind in the face of being treated horribly. But in the long run, it is worth it. And even losing my best friend in the 9-11 attacks and living 26 blocks from the trade centers did not make me want revenge as I knew it wouldn't help anything in the long run. In fact, I am sad about all that has been done in the name of those attacks. But I guess that is another thread as well.

Interesting topic.
SuddenlyWestFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuddenlyWestFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #69
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think 'revenge' is a good idea although I fantasize about it often, I would never actually carry it out. I just feel all ooogey when I give something too much negative energy. I find that it makes me feel more negative and somehow deepens my wrinkle lines, which is not a good thing for my vanity or my spiritual being. I prefer to let it go and move on and focus on the positive and things that are in my control rather than attempt to alter someone's life in some skeezy way. It's not worth it and people are just merely 'human' and make mistakes.

however, if I had a child and someone did something harmful to that child - I don't think I could be all spiritual about it. Perhaps this is why I am not a parent and quite thankful that I'm not.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #70
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I agree that thoughts of revenge are often a very effective medicine.

The reality, not so good. Unless you're the type of person who could be relied upon to break a gang out of a high-security jail, revenge is best left in your head. A revenge-gone-wrong episode will only succeed in making you look bad.

I'm happy as I've never taken revenge on anyone who's ever done me wrong, yet life has always caught them up. Bad people don't generally know where to stop, so eventually lose their friends, their jobs and their reputation. I wouldn't want to live a life of my bridges constantly eroding behind me.

As Duffy very wisely says "I pity the fools who bathe in you
'Cause I know someday now they'll see your colors too"
Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #71
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Shakespeare wrote, revenge is a dish better served cold. If you have to serve it, serve it cold.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #72
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

The croaking raven doth bellow for revenge.
Hamlet

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #73
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Shakespeare wrote, revenge is a dish better served cold. If you have to serve it, serve it cold.
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/883.html

ok, so it's wiki
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reveng...st_served_cold
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #74
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I believe that revenge happens with no input from me. I think that people who do evil will reap what they sew and I will not have to lift a finger to enforce it. It is like that old quote "Gods wheels grind slow but exceedingly fine"

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #75
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shoot me, but wiki says...

"The first written appearance of the proverb "revenge is a dish best served cold" is often wrongly credited to the novel Les liaisons dangereuses (1782); it does not, in fact, appear there in any form. It is earliest identified appearance in European literature is in the 1841 French novel Mathilde by Marie Joseph Eugène Sue: la vengeance se mange très-bien froide — there italicized as if quoting a proverbial saying — published in English translation in 1846 as revenge is very good eaten cold.[8]

The proverb suggests that revenge is more satisfying as a considered response enacted when unexpected, or long feared, inverting the more traditional revulsion toward 'cold-blooded' violence. In early literature it is used, usually, to persuade another to forestall vengeance until wisdom can reassert itself. This sense is lost in recent presentations."

This expresses my thoughts on revenge.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #76
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

No. Because revenge leads to more revenge and it escalates until some thing severe happens and people wind up with more than just hurt feelings.

When someone wrongs you it is okay to stand up for yourself or defend yourself if you have do but anything beyond that is unessicary violence or negativity.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #77
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Wanting revenge means you are pissed, and often consumed. The only one who is really hurt by this is you. Unless you follow through. Even then you are included in the hurt. If you want to feel better, just work on feeling better.

"He that studieth revenge keepeth his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well." John Milton

Besides; I have found the best revenge is being a good person and living a good life. Ok, I am not so innocent, it is sweet.
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #78
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

the times in my life i've been hurt the most, it's been by people i cared about - like when my parents died and my family abandoned me and my sister and stole a lot of our stuff, for example. i wanted my family to understand how much they hurt me by abandoning me and not caring whether i lived or died, especially when it hurt so much since i still cared a lot about them. sometimes i'm still angry over that, even though i've worked really hard to rebuild our relationships (at least to the point that they are willing, it's hard when someone won't return letters or phone calls). when my dad was still alive, there were times that i struggled with this too - wanting him to understand how much he hurt me as a child. with a lot of time and therapy i've figured out that that's mostly a fruitless effort. the people who hurt me are not capable of understanding how or why what they did was wrong, and nothing i can do to them will ever come close to making them feel the way they made me feel. it's easier and maybe healthier to just put it behind me as much as i can and reach out to rebuild relationships to the point that i'm able. or to just detach.

oddly enough, things that were very traumatic in other ways for me - like experiencing sexual violence - have never really sparked revenge fantasies or a desire to hurt someone. my pain around more acute trauma like that tends to be focused inward rather than outward.

my partner has an issue with becoming angry and vengeful (one he's actively been dealing with and working on resolving). he's used to fighting a lot and doing it completely below the belt, even in romantic relationships, which is something i pretty much never do. i actually very rarely get angry (other than the situation with my family, and being angry at injustices, i can't think of that many times where i've been angry). i don't really tend to fight that much with friends, family members, or partners, which is something he's commented on. when it comes to a problem i would rather talk about it and figure out what is wrong and fix it than hurt someone over it. so other than a few isolated incidents i haven't had the urge for revenge that much.

i wouldn't say i'm a very utilitarian person generally speaking but that's the attitude i have towards anger and revenge. i'd much rather figure out how to deal with something constructively or try to move past it than get pissed off or vengeful about it.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #79
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Revenge prolongs war. It locks you to the battlefield. If you extract revenge, you are making a kind of sneak attack, and sending the message that you still consider the other person to be a threat. In that way, it validates their ability to hurt you, and if they do in fact mean to harm you, this will please them.

Your attempt at revenge will also confirm for them, that they still occupy an important place in your life. And it will excite them, because you are presenting yourself for a counterattack.

For all these reasons, revenge prevents healing, and the person you are revenging yourself against, sits triumphantly at your table in a place you could have cleared, instead, for someone kind.

Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #80
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default No

Revenge? Not for me. It is said that when one is seeking revenge one is digging two graves

I keep my precious time, space, and power (energy) creating what I want to experience in my life.

In my old neighborhood they say, "what goes around, comes around..."

So karma is enough.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
debate, revenge