Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #241
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

OH lord,im so sore from working out really hard the last fue days,I feel everything that moves.My core is so touchy I cant take a deep breath without feeling it,why do I put myself thrue this..other than to lose weight..to sleep allll night rather than go to bed at 10 then wakeup at 3am then cant go back to sleep.Its been this way for over a week..a full nights sleep would be really nice,maybe I can get two in a row..pls.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #242
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
I used to ride road bikes about 30 years ago...ugh, damn im old!
I was planning on getting a new bike in a few weeks, when it started getting cooler.
The Dr. that I scrub for, rides and we were talking about bikes one day. i mentioned that I was going to start looking for bike. What the hell ya know! He and my BFF went in and got me one for my Bday!! It is not the bike I would have chosen, but I really love it.

Cool @ riding bikes years ago. I use to ride when I was in my teens, but that was my transportation around town LOL! I wish I would have kept up with it over the years. That is AWESOME that the Dr and your BFF went in together for your birthday! Glad you like the bike!
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #243
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Today is the first time i've really worked out in over a year. Stretches, situps, crunches and a 1 mile walk. Well, it is a beginning at least. Headin in for a bubblebath cause I know tomorrow I am gonna be one sore little girl.

But I am proud!!!! It is at least a good start. Thanks for the thread and thoughts of encouragement!!!!!

Good Job! Yes it is a start!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #244
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
Note to self - Eat a couple of hours before workout....not 14 HOURS before the workout. No wonder I didn't have any energy last week. I was forgetting to eat. Ate about 45 mins before workout, some fruit and a protein beverage. Felt much better through the workout.

I hazzz muscle. You have to poke really hard to feel it through the fat, but it's there.

A

I may or may not have done that a few times (haha)...You learn rather quickly especially when you bottom out!

LOL@ hazzz muscle! Good Job at keeping it up!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #245
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
I got a bicycle for my birthday. I just rode 5 miles in 18 minutes.
Not bad I think for my first real ride.
Good for you, Cowboi!

Organic and I started back working out today. Both os us pushed ourselves just a tad more than we should have but I think we're going to like this new place just fine.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #246
drsassypants

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. Or Dr. ;-)
Relationship Status:
Legally Wed

drsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished three one hour yoga classes in a 24 hour period and I'm kind of ouchie.

I signed up for the Body Fit Challenge at my gym. It starts October 9th. I'm kind of scared because I'm pretty sure they're going to hand me my ass. And then laugh.

ALSO I'm signed up for a 5k October 9th AND a 5k trail run/obstacle course/mud run on Halloween.

Help?
drsassypants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drsassypants For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #247
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsassypants View Post
I just finished three one hour yoga classes in a 24 hour period and I'm kind of ouchie.

I signed up for the Body Fit Challenge at my gym. It starts October 9th. I'm kind of scared because I'm pretty sure they're going to hand me my ass. And then laugh.

ALSO I'm signed up for a 5k October 9th AND a 5k trail run/obstacle course/mud run on Halloween.

Help?
Death wish or just a glutton for punishment?

*grin*

Good luck and have fun on your run/walks!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #248
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default High Protein Pancakes

I love 'em.

In a blender:

1 cup of uncooked oatmeal
1 cup of egg whites
1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
1 apple sliced thin and softened in butter

Drain off butter and add:
3 scoops of vanilla flavored protein (I use Gold Standard whey)
3 caps of vanilla extract
enough fat free milk to smooth batter

Cook in non stick pan until done on both sides.
Serve with low fat syrup, fruit or low fat whipped cream
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #249
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I hurt my front delt. Pisses me of because there's no telling when I'll come back this week. Guess I have to leave shoulders alone
Old 09-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #250
drsassypants

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. Or Dr. ;-)
Relationship Status:
Legally Wed

drsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputationdrsassypants Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Death wish or just a glutton for punishment?

*grin*

Good luck and have fun on your run/walks!
Erm....

Both?

The Following User Says Thank You to drsassypants For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #251
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

So I have been totally naughty since last Thursday. In between company and birthdays, I hadn't been to the gym until today, and had eaten waaaaay more carbs than I should. So finally I get back to the gym today.

I walked longer than usual since my shins and calfs weren't hurting, was able to go up on all my weights except my arms (they're punny like that), AND had actually lost another 2 pounds! Not that the weight is that big a deal...but actually last Tuesday I was able to fit into an outfit I hadn't worn since last year that is a size smaller. Woo Hoo!!!!!

So folks. Don't give up. Even if you take a break, or fall off the wagon. Keep at it. And muscle really does keep working even when you don't.

And Jet - Thanks for the pancake recipe. Can't wait to try it!

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #252
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Pancakes.
I fixed the pancakes jet posted a bout..darn good too,even my son says make em again..u bet I will.Tks Jet.

Question folks..Hear lately ive had a prob with sticky rusty joints,i know I have arthritis and have for years.I am takeing 7.5MG of meloxicam 2xdaily and have been for a while,other than staying as mobile as I can just what else can I use to free up the joints?I have tryed some of the stuff u get over the counter but it has so much asprin in it my throat and stomac get really uncomfy when I take it so I never have gone past three days worth it.The weather is changeing is prolly the reason but I would like it to not be happening.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #253
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
So I have been totally naughty since last Thursday. In between company and birthdays, I hadn't been to the gym until today, and had eaten waaaaay more carbs than I should. So finally I get back to the gym today.

I walked longer than usual since my shins and calfs weren't hurting, was able to go up on all my weights except my arms (they're punny like that), AND had actually lost another 2 pounds! Not that the weight is that big a deal...but actually last Tuesday I was able to fit into an outfit I hadn't worn since last year that is a size smaller. Woo Hoo!!!!!

So folks. Don't give up. Even if you take a break, or fall off the wagon. Keep at it. And muscle really does keep working even when you don't.

And Jet - Thanks for the pancake recipe. Can't wait to try it!

A
I ate those tonight. I love the flavor...but make sure to add vanilla flavored protein. Mine is Gold Standard Whey vanilla Ice cream flavored
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #254
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Pancakes.
I fixed the pancakes jet posted a bout..darn good too,even my son says make em again..u bet I will.Tks Jet.

Question folks..Hear lately ive had a prob with sticky rusty joints,i know I have arthritis and have for years.I am takeing 7.5MG of meloxicam 2xdaily and have been for a while,other than staying as mobile as I can just what else can I use to free up the joints?I have tryed some of the stuff u get over the counter but it has so much asprin in it my throat and stomac get really uncomfy when I take it so I never have gone past three days worth it.The weather is changeing is prolly the reason but I would like it to not be happening.
Have you tried a glucosamine/condroitin (sp?) supplement? It will take a bit to get into your system good, it's not an instant fix. But I use it, and I give my dog the doggy version, and both of our joints are much happier for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I ate those tonight. I love the flavor...but make sure to add vanilla flavored protein. Mine is Gold Standard Whey vanilla Ice cream flavored
I think mine is vanilla flavored, but will double check. Thanks.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #255
ComparedToWhom

How Do You Identify?:
oh geez, a box... if I must, I"ll go with GeNdErQuEeR (100% all-natural, organic)
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care as long as it's said respectfully
Relationship Status:
Rolling solo

Location: On the road/trail (see pic)... refuel in the Valley of the Sun (AZ)
ComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

what else can I use to free up the joints?
Fwi, fish oil, turmeric, and glutamine keep my joints happy. All 3 offer benefits beyond anti-inflammatory too.

CTW
ComparedToWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ComparedToWhom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 02:43 AM   #256
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I've started going back to the gym because I need to since I had spinal surgery and second I had planned on going back to the gym and seriously working out I am sure to get back into shape within a year at least thats my goal!!!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #257
drsassypants

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. Or Dr. ;-)
Relationship Status:
Legally Wed

Quote:
Have you tried yoga? I take it through my gym & they offer various classes, including gentle yoga. Make sure to talk to the instructor beforehand to explain the problems you're having. The instructor should explain modifications to the poses and may also concentrate on poses that will most assist your problems.

Yoga helps your body learn the proper ways to moves, as well as strengthening the support structures for your joints so that they start taking on more of the work.

I hear Tai Chi is good for joints, as well, but I haven't tried it, yet.

Good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drsassypants For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #258
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I was working out but then I got sick really sick and haven't gone back still not feeling up to par to work out but hopefully I will in the next few weeks!! I did lose some weight which is good though...
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #259
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComparedToWhom View Post
Fwi, fish oil, turmeric, and glutamine keep my joints happy. All 3 offer benefits beyond anti-inflammatory too.

CTW
Morning..What is Fwi?May be a dumb question but I ask anyway.Tks.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #260
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Welp got back into the running after a few days at a client's. And K and I are returning back to a vegan lifestyle this week. I actually splurged on a Vitamix 5200 (I always think of Lucille Ball's skit on vitavegametin. LOL). Anyways I should be able to make fresher juices and better mixed smoothies. And get my diet closer to a raw vegan diet. Later today or tomorrow I'm going to put my bikes together and clean up the beater bike to use next week to bike to and from the facility I'll be teaching at (30 min ride based on Google maps).

And once I start unpacking I should (hopefully?) find my P90X DVDs and I can start doing that. I did get some pushup aids as well as some power blocks. So it's all coming together.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: