Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #41
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
The addiction to food sux and being a STRESS eater doesn't help, so i'm looking to replace the food with writing. Any suggestions for Stress eating?
Daily life is full of stressful events, and while stress cannot be avoided or eliminated, it can be managed. All people experience stress when they feel threatened or challenged in some way. At times this can mean feeling like the demands of your daily life are overwhelming or exceed your ability to cope. There are, in fact, many different ways to manage stress. I'd like to introduce you to some relaxation techniques for managing stress.

Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
Deep Breathing
Visualization
Meditation

I can't figure out a way to get these online so that everyone can acess them. I suppose I can attach them to an email if you have itunes you can watch them. If anyone wants these relaxation techniques, Please private me your email addy, I can send them to you.

I really find that Meditation helps me to relax when I feel stressed and emotional and just wanna pig out.

canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #42
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

I do have to say that preparing healthy snacks ahead of time seems to be the way to go for me. Because when I'm in a snack mood, i don't wanna have to cook it right then. So, lets say I go to the kitchen and the 2 choices for snacks are cheetos and a salad, I'm gonna go with the cheetos...because I dont' want to have to prepare a salad. Lately, I've gotten a huge batch of those baby carrots and as soon as I got home, bagged them into snack sized zippies....so I can just grab and munch *wink*
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #43
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmarielan View Post
I do have to say that preparing healthy snacks ahead of time seems to be the way to go for me. Because when I'm in a snack mood, i don't wanna have to cook it right then. So, lets say I go to the kitchen and the 2 choices for snacks are cheetos and a salad, I'm gonna go with the cheetos...because I dont' want to have to prepare a salad. Lately, I've gotten a huge batch of those baby carrots and as soon as I got home, bagged them into snack sized zippies....so I can just grab and munch *wink*
When I was doing salads, I would take 1 day like sunday and prepare a container for each of the items i wanted on my salad. i could get a big bag a spinach from costco for like 3.99 for 2.5 lbs. So I would clean that ahead and put it a bowl. Then whatever. If I felt like the ingredients would be okay mixed then I'd go ahead and mix it in a big tupperware type bowl so when i wanted it, it would be there.

Feel free to text me anytime a craving hits darling. I almost texted you a couple times. I don't need to lose weight but i do need to make healthy choices and things like pecan pie aren't good choices for me. The slurpee I wanted yesterday would have been worse and well the little debbie swiss rolls i didn't buy today wouldn't have been so good either.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #44
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Well, my dears, I'm off to my first trip to the gym.

Wish me luck.

I'll also weigh while i'm there and post the pic of my official weight on my livejournal.

Be back in a while....

Candace
The Following User Says Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #45
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
When I was doing salads, I would take 1 day like sunday and prepare a container for each of the items i wanted on my salad. i could get a big bag a spinach from costco for like 3.99 for 2.5 lbs. So I would clean that ahead and put it a bowl. Then whatever. If I felt like the ingredients would be okay mixed then I'd go ahead and mix it in a big tupperware type bowl so when i wanted it, it would be there.

Feel free to text me anytime a craving hits darling. I almost texted you a couple times. I don't need to lose weight but i do need to make healthy choices and things like pecan pie aren't good choices for me. The slurpee I wanted yesterday would have been worse and well the little debbie swiss rolls i didn't buy today wouldn't have been so good either.

Step away from the pecan pie, mister.

And don't blame the dog, either.

*smooch* Text me anytime, lovie
Old 01-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #46
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My dear darling Candace, the most wonderful thing is the feeling of power you are giving yourself - you are deciding for yourself what you want, and you are making your body powerful and strong. You are in control of your life. No matter what size is the best for you, you are in control of why and how you get there. And being healthy, knowing you are treating your body and yourself like the precious resource it is, is the best of all. Knowing that you are making yourself healthy and strong is awesome.

A while ago, I lost about 60 pounds over about 6 months and have mostly kept it off, give or take a bit over the years. Before, I felt like crap all the time, knees and hips and ankles hurt, I couldn't do anything without aching and being tired. Couldn't even bend over easily, tying my shoes was a breathless exercise. I didn't want to be skinny or anything, just wanted to take back control instead of thinking "how did this happen" - and work on being sure I'm here and healthy when I'm in my 90s.

The most effective thing for me was deciding to keep the poisons "high fructose corn syrup" and "processed flour" (well, processed anything) out of my body. Paying attention to the glycemic index is really helpful. It's not a diet, you should not be starving or deprived!

One of the best things I found was Whey Low -- it's sugar made from lactose and was developed for diabetics. If you worry about the chemicals and long-term effects of artificial sweeteners, this can ease your mind. It also has no chemical taste! Sugar eaters have no idea they are eating something made with this instead of sugar (I tell people though in case they are lactose intolerant)
Check it out here: www.wheylow.com

So, about those donuts...heck, people who know me have seen me putting cupcakes or cake into my mouth at parties. I love those things. Once in a while. Falling off the wagon is a learning experience - next time you'll be prepared to stop maybe on the way into the donut shop, maybe after one donut - and decide what you'd rather do, how you'd rather feel. So no beating up, okay? And sometimes you'll decide it's just plain time for a donut or cupcake - every once in a while.

Every day you are amazing and you get to decide what you are happy with.

If nothing else, you WILL be here in Austin in September. I will require it. I'm Bridezilla. Just ask Blush and Diva. And you will be eating a piece of amazingly delicious wedding cake.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #47
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post

If nothing else, you WILL be here in Austin in September. I will require it. I'm Bridezilla. Just ask Blush and Diva. And you will be eating a piece of amazingly delicious wedding cake.
Thank you, love.

Oh...and I WILL be at your wedding reception.

I will also be wearing a dress that is much much smaller than anything I can fit it now, I assure you!!!

I love you Neesie.

Also, I just got back from the gym.

Let me tell you something. I thought I could just hop on and go and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Read about my workout on my livejournal when I post later tonight.

It wasn't easy.

It WILL get better

-Candace
Old 01-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #48
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

I had a lovely person message me and offer "the complete food counter". it gives calories protein carb fat sodium counts for stuff.

*smiles*

Anyone want it?

P.S. ALSO.......I read through the jump start Biggest Loser thing...and it's awesome. I already purchased my groceries though..and this has a day by day menu guide of stuff to eat. It's great for those of us unsure of our caloric intake...unsure of what to make..or just plain NOT inventive with cooking. It tells you exactly what to eat for 30 days. I'm going to stick as close as I can with this menu...substituting other recipe's for which I've already bought ingredients from the other biggest loser guide.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #49
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My girlfriend is amazing. I must politely disagree with you my darling. While I love my soul, my character, my inner being with all that I have. I CANNOT love this body. It is NOT me...it it what I have unhappily allowed it to become. I have sat on the couch and abused my body, adding years and years to my life while I crammed junk into my mouth. My body in this size is abused, neglected and overweight. I do not give the weight respect, or love.
just so you know, you and your *body* are one and both are lovable and worthy of love, admiration and adoration right *now* and i sincerely wish you much success in your journey. (been there and back my entire life, sister *hugs*)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 AM   #50
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I have lost 15 pounds in the last 9 weeks. My goal was 20 but the last five pounds are being stubborn.

I am having a small handful of almonds and a tiny cup of yogurt for snacks, about 3 times a day. Then for a real meal I have a can of Campbell's chunky soup. Thats about 1200 cal per day, and that plus light exercise has been the right combination. I don't plan on changing my diet drastically back after I reach my goal weight. I will just add some more meat and veggies probably. I never eat sweets or desserts. Ever. Quit that cold turkey in Dec 2005. In 2006 I lost about 35 pounds just from that one change alone. As I have been ill the past 18 months, I have (ironically) gained 20 pounds, so now I'm getting rid of it. And the weird thing is, I'm not hungry all the time. I don't think about food constantly. I don't crave sweets. I just don't. Who'da thunk it?

Oh and by the way, I am not losing weight because I feel fat. I don't think that way about myself like I did when I was younger. I am losing it because it has made my body more feminine shaped, and I have decided to start T this year and want to get my body in the right shape for the best possible results.

*HUGS* Candace!
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #51
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
I have lost 15 pounds in the last 9 weeks. My goal was 20 but the last five pounds are being stubborn.

I am having a small handful of almonds and a tiny cup of yogurt for snacks, about 3 times a day. Then for a real meal I have a can of Campbell's chunky soup. Thats about 1200 cal per day, and that plus light exercise has been the right combination. I don't plan on changing my diet drastically back after I reach my goal weight. I will just add some more meat and veggies probably. I never eat sweets or desserts. Ever. Quit that cold turkey in Dec 2005. In 2006 I lost about 35 pounds just from that one change alone. As I have been ill the past 18 months, I have (ironically) gained 20 pounds, so now I'm getting rid of it. And the weird thing is, I'm not hungry all the time. I don't think about food constantly. I don't crave sweets. I just don't. Who'da thunk it?

Oh and by the way, I am not losing weight because I feel fat. I don't think that way about myself like I did when I was younger. I am losing it because it has made my body more feminine shaped, and I have decided to start T this year and want to get my body in the right shape for the best possible results.

*HUGS* Candace!
Hey

Congrats on the weight loss, my dear.

You're lucky *wink* Most of us have to deal with cravings and sweet tooth and all that yummy stuff.

Maybe I'll be lucky like you one day and not have to fight so hard. *nod*
Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #52
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
The addiction to food sux and being a STRESS eater doesn't help, so i'm looking to replace the food with writing. Any suggestions for Stress eating?
For me, I have taken up doing something with my hands that requires focus...crocheting and knitting. Kinda hard to be elbow deep in the dorito bag if I am working with lovely yarns. I also don't want that orange residue (I really DON'T wanna know what is in all that yummydelisciousness) on the projects.

Sure beats that retail therapy! Altho, watching Jess's head 'splode can be kinda fun
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #53
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Ok so I just ordered four different The Biggest Loser book. Should be getting them on Saturday. I will be posting some stuff that may be of interest to everyone. The Biggest Loser Support group will be starting next Thursday. The meetings will be in the chatroom here. (I will let everyone know which room by the time the meeting begins next week.) It will be at SIX PM PST which is NINE PM EST. I tried to pick a time that is best for everyone. It would be really nice if we get the group going and support one another on this tough journey. If anyone needs to talk, a shoulder to cry on, a kick in the ass, LOL..whatever, please dont hesittate to PM me.

In loser unity,
Jewel
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #54
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Ahhhh, I see said the blind girl.

Well, I'm a semi-professional emotional over/eater, so I definitely have experience with this. Some of the things that have actually worked for me, whether good or bad, are:

Appetite suppressants (Not that I am recommending these...in fact, I'd like to accomplish my goals without them, but the last time I lost a good chunk of weight I used them RESPONSIBLY to jump start my weight loss and help me relearn proper portion sizes). I stopped using them once I got the hang of things.

As silly as it sounds, the ole rubber band around the wrist thing. I snapped myself silly a few times and it didn't always work, but the times that it did, I was grateful.

Make SURE to have healthier treats with you that will satisfy your sweet tooth (or whatever your comfort is) so that, even if you do overeat, it will do less damage. For example, I love Granny Smith apples with caramel sauce. I get a lighter sauce and when I want something sweet (my downfall), I start there.

Journal. You didn't mention what kind of writing so I don't know if you meant journaling your feelings about WHY you felt the urge to eat then and there and trying to work through it that way or if you meant writing stories or the like. Seeing the reasons behind the need help me sometimes.

Food diary. When I do it (which hasn't been lately, unfortunately), it works. As I eat, I log stuff in. Seeing that list grow longer and longer is a deterent sometimes. It's a form of shaming for me, but a healthier shaming, if there is such a thing. I KNOW that cramming that cake or bag of candy down my throat isn't going to solve anything and I KNOW I don't need it or (most of the time) even WANT it, but I DO it nonetheless. Seeing that tally kind of helps jolt me back into reality instead of the food zone where I cram, cram, cram.
Gemme ty I do try different things to control the stress eating and agree eating like that or cramming junk into my mouth won't solve the stress at hand. Now i'm kicking my butt into to gear with making a healhier snack that i can grab and go with. It didn't happen overnight and a baby step is better than none. Thanks again for the input
Quote:
Daily life is full of stressful events, and while stress cannot be avoided or eliminated, it can be managed. All people experience stress when they feel threatened or challenged in some way. At times this can mean feeling like the demands of your daily life are overwhelming or exceed your ability to cope. There are, in fact, many different ways to manage stress. I'd like to introduce you to some relaxation techniques for managing stress.

Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
Deep Breathing
Visualization
Meditation

I can't figure out a way to get these online so that everyone can acess them. I suppose I can attach them to an email if you have itunes you can watch them. If anyone wants these relaxation techniques, Please private me your email addy, I can send them to you.

I really find that Meditation helps me to relax when I feel stressed and emotional and just wanna pig out.

Candace i've always done meditation from way back, just need to reincorporate some new ways to accomadate more stressors. TY for the advice and the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
For me, I have taken up doing something with my hands that requires focus...crocheting and knitting. Kinda hard to be elbow deep in the dorito bag if I am working with lovely yarns. I also don't want that orange residue (I really DON'T wanna know what is in all that yummydelisciousness) on the projects.

Sure beats that retail therapy! Altho, watching Jess's head 'splode can be kinda fun
What no retail threapy....just kidding. Yes busy hands anre good hands and takes the mind off the little debbie's. Ty Christie
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #55
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Ok so I just ordered four different The Biggest Loser book. Should be getting them on Saturday. I will be posting some stuff that may be of interest to everyone. The Biggest Loser Support group will be starting next Thursday. The meetings will be in the chatroom here. (I will let everyone know which room by the time the meeting begins next week.) It will be at SIX PM PST which is NINE PM EST. I tried to pick a time that is best for everyone. It would be really nice if we get the group going and support one another on this tough journey. If anyone needs to talk, a shoulder to cry on, a kick in the ass, LOL..whatever, please dont hesittate to PM me.

In loser unity,
Jewel
I'm so excited that you are so motivated. After all, we all need this, don't we? I work evenings but will make sure I am here on every Thursday that I can be *wink*......

What Loser Books did you purchase?

So, today my friend Sara, my girlfriend and I will be going to Forks, Port Angeles, and La Push Washington. We'll be being cheesy fans of the movie Twilight and doing all the touristy stuff. I am oooooober excited. I have made a huge salad with all the fixings....I have packed it all in a cooler along with grilled chicken, apples, baby carrots and light ranch dressing. Also coming alone are Sun Chip Lunch Singles and my favorite fruit punch shake and go things for water. I will be eating out for a few meals I'm sure...but..I'm going to make smart decisions. When I get home I will post on my journal the whole thing.

I'm also going to the gym tonight before we leave. Tomorrow we will be hiking in the forest...and Saturday Morning when we get back I will go to the gym again.

I can't believe how much preparation this is all taking. Who knew that being healthy caused so much extra brain power.

Are any of you having issues with this? I mean, you can't just go down to taco bell when you're feeling snacky anymore. I have tried to prepare snacks ahead of time.

This is sticking. Tonight I made chili with all fresh veggies and low fat black beans and ground turkey. It's way yummy and only 189 cal per serving.

If any of you want the recipes I mention, let me know. I can figure out a way to get them to ya.

Peace and Love,
Candace
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #56
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I had a lovely person message me and offer "the complete food counter". it gives calories protein carb fat sodium counts for stuff.

*smiles*

Anyone want it?

P.S. ALSO.......I read through the jump start Biggest Loser thing...and it's awesome. I already purchased my groceries though..and this has a day by day menu guide of stuff to eat. It's great for those of us unsure of our caloric intake...unsure of what to make..or just plain NOT inventive with cooking. It tells you exactly what to eat for 30 days. I'm going to stick as close as I can with this menu...substituting other recipe's for which I've already bought ingredients from the other biggest loser guide.
Can.. Girl you have moxie! I know you will over come the things that hold you back.

I have told you this in person and I will tell you again..

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE and OUT!!!

You will always be that to me no matter what your weight is!

PS... I'm a big fan of Biggest Loser! I get my weekly cry in with that show! *smirk* I never miss a show! Myself and my roomy try to follow some of the things from the show. Infact we just bought a DVD for cardio from Jillian
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #57
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Can.. Girl you have moxie! I know you will over come the things that hold you back.

I have told you this in person and I will tell you again..

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE and OUT!!!

You will always be that to me no matter what your weight is!

PS... I'm a big fan of Biggest Loser! I get my weekly cry in with that show! *smirk* I never miss a show! Myself and my roomy try to follow some of the things from the show. Infact we just bought a DVD for cardio from Jillian
Awesome, I may need a copy.

She's so fuggin hot.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #58
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

So I'm a huge Alton Brown fan. I just watched his latest (I think) Good Eats show. He shares some of his weight loss techniques. He shared a smoothie recipe that he says he has every morning (or a variation of). I think I am going to try that as part of my routine.

Part of what he said is something I've heard before...that people who eat breakfast lose weight faster.

He shared the smoothie recipe, a totally disgusting sardines on toast recipe as well as a yummy toasted almonds recipe. Of the almonds he said one ounce twice a day was his limit.

Not sure I can stick to his plan but I know I love smoothies so I am going to incorporate those into my eating plan.

Sorry I don't remember the episode title. I know it had "diet" in the title though. The most interesting thing to me was that he lost 50 lbs in 9 months and claims to have never eaten anything with the word "diet" in the title.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #59
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

She's so fuggin hot.
If anyone has On Demand, you can look in the Fitness section. Jillian has a couple of routines in there and the routines held in the O.D. section rotate so you would never get bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
So I'm a huge Alton Brown fan. I just watched his latest (I think) Good Eats show. He shares some of his weight loss techniques. He shared a smoothie recipe that he says he has every morning (or a variation of). I think I am going to try that as part of my routine.

Part of what he said is something I've heard before...that people who eat breakfast lose weight faster.

He shared the smoothie recipe, a totally disgusting sardines on toast recipe as well as a yummy toasted almonds recipe. Of the almonds he said one ounce twice a day was his limit.

Not sure I can stick to his plan but I know I love smoothies so I am going to incorporate those into my eating plan.

Sorry I don't remember the episode title. I know it had "diet" in the title though. The most interesting thing to me was that he lost 50 lbs in 9 months and claims to have never eaten anything with the word "diet" in the title.
I've always been leery of something that has DIE as the first three letters, yanno?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #60
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

She's so fuggin hot.
She's got to be family .... and I swore she was driving in the car next to me the other day when I was in Hollyweird.

I know Bob is I've seen him go into the Starbucks in WeHo
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote