Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 09-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Re-introduction

I am not new to the site, or new to the Butch Femme world, but I changed my name and thought I would re-introduce myself, especially since a lot people check the new newbie threads.

My username until now was Rainbowchick07. I have been feeling like my username was really not me and kinda generic for quite some time now. I just kinda came up with it one day out of some desire to garner queer visibility. But as I get older I am finding that I have less of a need to scream queer.

So I did some research and found a name that I liked a whole lot better because it really spoke to me. I am a huge Tolkien geek and so I knew I wanted an Elvish name. That is when I came across Varda.

Varda Elentári is known as "Queen of the stars", she is said to be too beautiful for words; within her face radiates the light of Ilúvatar (God). She resides with her husband Manwë, with whom she shares a complementary power. When they are together, Manwë "sees further than all other eyes, through mist, and through darkness, and over the leagues of the sea" and Varda "hears more clearly than all other ears the sound of voices that cry from east to west". Varda created the stars before the Valar descended into the world, and later with the dews from the vats of Telperion she made the constellations, most significantly the Valacirca, The Sickle of the Valar (The Big Dipper). It is also said that Varda alone is the creator of all light.
In general, Varda seems to represent the goddess of beauty and light in Tolkien's legendarium. (From Wikipedia)

I have always been obsessed with stars and I love the idea of being too beautiful for words. So there we go, the story of my name change...

SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SFFemmePrincess For This Useful Post: