Notices

Old 05-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #661
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

After looking over my list, I'm hoping they issue a second stimulus
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #662
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default I can't take credit for finding this gem.......

Cloverleaf 6430 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA

A fellow member here on BF turned me on to this place......

SO far we've only have had the pizza but can't wait to try other items on the menu...

Sidebar: Now this is thin crust pizza just so you know.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #663
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Cloverleaf 6430 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA

A fellow member here on BF turned me on to this place......

SO far we've only have had the pizza but can't wait to try other items on the menu...

Sidebar: Now this is thin crust pizza just so you know.
We're hoping by the time our next appointment is in Tacoma we'll be able to dine-in..
Old 06-05-2020, 07:34 AM   #664
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Are you a beer connoisseur and visiting in Chicago? Then perhaps check out

Moody Tongue Brewing Company 2515 S Wabash Ave

After a phone conversation recently with my Traveling Companion and Beer Aficionado its come to my attention that Moody Tongue must be added to my "must try" on the next trip to the Windy City!

As I've often stated, I'm not a beer drinker and would never go out of my way to visit a brewing establishment! But after she told me about the food/dessert, I'm game.....

12-layer German chocolate cake
DEFINITELY adding this as there was a mention of it again in July's issue of Chicago Magazine..
Old 06-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #665
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Ever been to Ottawa, Canada...you could visit Parliament.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #666
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default I'd love to tour the Parliment at some point but for now...

Ottawa, Canada (CNN) — Calling the border with the United States a clear point of "vulnerability" for Canada in terms of Covid-19 infections, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Tuesday that by mutual agreement, the border will remain closed to nonessential travel until at least June 21.

Trudeau did not rule out a further extension of the border closure. The US-Canada border has been closed since March 21. "It was the right thing to further extend by 30 days our closure of the Canada, US border to travelers other than essential services and goods, but we will continue to watch carefully what's happening elsewhere in the world and around us as we make decisions on next steps," Trudeau said during his daily press conference in Ottawa. Even if the border does reopen to nonessential travel, Trudeau repeated that stronger measures may be put in place, such as requiring quarantine, medical checks and tracking for those entering Canada, including those from the US.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #667
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default A few mentions in case you were going to be near or in Chicago sometime this summer..

Lollapalooza, Taste of Chicago and all other summer festivals are officially canceled.

Mayor Lightfoot is reopening the Lakefront Trail on June 22. After being shut down in late March, the Lakefront Trail will reopen for exercise and transit.

Chicago bars and breweries can open outdoor seating beginning June 17
Local watering holes get the green light to reopen patios and rooftops this week.

The Chicago Riverwalk is open again, with dedicated hours for recreation and dining. Beginning on Friday, June 12, the Riverwalk will be open to the public from 5am to 9pm daily, with face coverings required at all times. In an effort to reduce crowding and encourage social distancing, the city is implementing dedicated hours on the Riverwalk for recreation and concessions. From 5am to 10am, guests are welcome to run, jog, walk and bike along the path between Lake Shore Drive and Lake Street. The Riverwalk will briefly close at 10am for cleaning and then reopen from 11am to 9pm to allow access to businesses and "passive recreation areas" along the path. From 11am to 9pm, the Riverwalk will only be accessible through certain entrances, corresponding to businesses and areas along the path (see a complete list and map below). Attendants will stand at each entrance to the Riverwalk, confirming reservations at restaurants (a reservation is required to dine on the Riverwalk) and ensuring that new capacity limits are not exceeded. It's unclear how access to the "passive recreation areas" will be handled, but it seems that entrance will be prioritized for individuals with reservations at Riverwalk restaurants.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #668
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

NO MASK REQUIRED BUT YOU"LL NEED A REALLY GOOD VISA.

STONEHENGE

" Archaeologists have discovered a wide circle of deep pits surrounding an ancient settlement near Stonehenge, opening up new lines of investigation into the origins and meaning of the mysterious, prehistoric monument.

Among Britain’s most recognizable landmarks, the standing stones at Stonehenge draw tourists from around the world as well as people searching for spiritual connections with the past. Their exact purpose remains unknown to scientists.

The new discovery, by a team of archaeologists from several universities, shows a 2-kilometre wide circle of shafts surrounding a settlement at Durrington Walls, which also included a henge, or circular structure, made of timber posts.

The site is located about 3.2 kilometres northeast of Stonehenge and evidence suggests the pits date back to the same period, some 4,500 years ago.

“As the place where the builders of Stonehenge lived and feasted, Durrington Walls is key to unlocking the story of the wider Stonehenge landscape,” said archaeologist Nick Snashall of the National Trust, the body that runs the Stonehenge site.

“This astonishing discovery offers us new insights into the lives and beliefs of our Neolithic ancestors,” he said.

The circle of pits is significantly larger than any comparable prehistoric monument in Britain. Researchers have found 20 shafts, but estimate there may have been more than 30 originally. Each one is about 5 metres deep and 10 metres across.

The discovery was made without the need for excavations, using remote sensing technology and sampling.

The archaeologists said the precise and sophisticated way in which the pits were positioned suggests that the early inhabitants of Britain used a tally or counting system to track pacing across long distances.

“The size of the shafts and circuit surrounding Durrington Walls is without precedent in the U.K.,” said Vince Gaffney, a professor of archaeology at the University of Bradford and one of the lead researchers on the project.

He said the discovery demonstrated “the capacity and desire of Neolithic communities to record their cosmological belief systems in ways, and at a scale, that we had never previously anticipated.”

REUTERS

Bring your own beer and cucumber sandwiches.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #669
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default If you are ever there

If you come to Canada and are around the Toronto area I am a good guide to the city plus areas of recreation and good eats. If you are a buddy and don't mind a butch cave, come on up and I would be glad to put you up for your visit. $100. + a day can go for other things to make your trip enjoyable. Lets get this virus over with and get on with it.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #670
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

If you're ever in the Galapagos Islands definitely go see the Galapagos tortoises.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 07:36 PM   #671
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
If you come to Canada and are around the Toronto area I am a good guide to the city plus areas of recreation and good eats. If you are a buddy and don't mind a butch cave, come on up and I would be glad to put you up for your visit. $100. + a day can go for other things to make your trip enjoyable. Lets get this virus over with and get on with it.
IF I ever make it to your neck of the woods, I'll most definitely take you up on the tour & good eats guide.....
Old 06-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #672
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default If you are ever there

moe, any time my friend. I would welcome you as family.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #673
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

If you're ever in Torrington Alberta, make sure to go to the Gopher Museum.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #674
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Ever here, go there

Want a place to visit far from the maddening crowd? Come east to my home Newfoundland Canada. Many things to see and do apart from the everyday amusements. Go to Twillingate and watch icebergs flow down from the north as you stand on a hundred foot cliff and view the Atlantic Ocean. Visit Bonne Bay and watch whales from a land stand or go on a boat tour to see them up close and personal, humpbacks and orca as they breech and give wonderful photo opportunities. If you are adventures go up to the top of the island and visit a functioning Viking village. A place where one of the first Viking settlements was established in North America. Watch the men shear sheep and the women card it and clean it and make clothing. Sit in an antique chair and ponder the past as you view the Atlantic Ocean as the Vikings saw it. As far as food goes, wet your appetite no matter where you decide to dine. Top restaurants or small mom and pop places along your travels have lot of fresh food for all pallets. Now I will stop bragging. Enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 03:40 PM   #675
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default In case you're going to be in or around the Windy City..

Update: Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that Chicago will officially move into Phase 4 of the city's reopening plan on June 26, allowing some of the city's top attractions to welcome back guests.

According to a press release, the following businesses will be able to reopen on June 26:

Indoor seating in bars and restaurants
Museums and zoos
Performance venues
Summer camps and youth activities

As previously announced, indoor seating at bars and restaurants will be restricted to 25 percent capacity with a maximum of 50 people per floor. Likewise, capacity at museums will be limited to 50 people per room, with staggered entry and exit from the building to prevent crowding. Performance venues will be able to host plays, concerts and other performances with staggered seating to separate groups of individuals and a capacity limit of 50 people per room or floor (the guidelines mention that up to 50 people could occupy each balcony in a venue). Movie theaters will also be able to resume screenings, with decommissioned rows of seating and a limit of 50 people per theater.

I received this info earlier this week in an email from Chicago's timeout.com
Old 06-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #676
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

If you're ever in Ottawa, go to Brewer Park and get a Covid test.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #677
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Update: Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that Chicago will officially move into Phase 4 of the city's reopening plan on June 26, allowing some of the city's top attractions to welcome back guests.

According to a press release, the following businesses will be able to reopen on June 26:

Indoor seating in bars and restaurants
Museums and zoos
Performance venues
Summer camps and youth activities

As previously announced, indoor seating at bars and restaurants will be restricted to 25 percent capacity with a maximum of 50 people per floor. Likewise, capacity at museums will be limited to 50 people per room, with staggered entry and exit from the building to prevent crowding. Performance venues will be able to host plays, concerts and other performances with staggered seating to separate groups of individuals and a capacity limit of 50 people per room or floor (the guidelines mention that up to 50 people could occupy each balcony in a venue). Movie theaters will also be able to resume screenings, with decommissioned rows of seating and a limit of 50 people per theater.

I received this info earlier this week in an email from Chicago's timeout.com
With the recent increase of covid-19 associated with drinking in bars, this may be scaled back somewhat! Sorry for any inconvience I might of caused.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:00 PM   #678
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If you are ever in Mount Rainier national Park visit the Grove of the Patriarchs.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #679
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Port Townsend, WA Farmers Market rain or shine..

is located onTyler and Lawrence Streets and is open every Saturday April through mid-December, uptown on the 600 block of Tyler Street. Farm, food and art vendors offer seasonal produce, pasture-raised meat, seafood, artisan cheeses, hard cider, wine, baked goods, arts and crafts and more.

We have modified our Port Townsend Saturday Farmers Market. Please see our health and safety plan on our home page. We are open from 9am-1pm on Saturdays with farm, food and art vendors. Please come with your shopping list, a face mask, and wash your hands before shopping. Thank you for your participation and support of local small businesses and farms!

http://jcfmarkets.org/saturday
Old 06-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #680
Starfish

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to my Forever

Starfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
If you're ever in the Galapagos Islands definitely go see the Galapagos tortoises.
My dream bucket trip.