Old 09-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #2801
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just watched Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping.

It exceeded my expectations.

Which were very low.

It was far worse than I thought it would be and yet, I still found myself laughing off and on.

It will appeal to the 12 year old boy inside of everyone.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 01:56 PM   #2802
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,186 Times in 5,148 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw Suicide Squad again (!) - I wanted to catch it one more time in 3D before it leaves the theatres. It was great fun even the 2nd time around. I have no idea why the critics decided to slam it with bad reviews. I thought it was great obviously, and everyone I know who has seen it liked it too.

BTW, a friend who went to Dragon Con said there were LOTS of Harley Quinn's. That character is so hot in this movie (in a way that appeals to my inner teenaged boy).

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #2803
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,260 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Watched my first Paul Walker film...maybe his last one....nice cars...can't remember a single thing about the plot but it's something like : Pick one from column A, two from Column B and one from Column C.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #2804
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,033 Times in 9,962 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not sure about the film lineup for Saturday night, but one of the films is definitely going to be an Indiana Jones film. Which one, I have no idea. The other film is not a kid friendly film, so it's been kept hush-hush. Not one of us knows what the after hours film is going to be. I'm guessing it's either going to be an long forgotten, over the top, dirty movie or something along those lines (lol, or not).

I guess that's part of the intrigue at this two day party. Either way, I'm pretty sure it will be lots of fun meeting family members I've never met before. : )
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #2805
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Keanu earlier and it was okay. It got better as it went along, which is good because in the beginning, I started unloading the dishwasher for something to do.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 07:08 PM   #2806
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,163 Times in 3,021 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

The Secret Life of Pets. There were a number of good laughs.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #2807
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Catacombs from 2007.

On demand and free movies make me happy.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 PM   #2808
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

The Fury from 1978 on Netflix I should say again but there is nothing like a good horror classic to pleasantly occupy down time.
If it came out today it would probably be considered Sci-fi maybe a thriller. If you have seen Firestarter the plot for The Fury is similar. Two teens with "special ablities" taken by a secret government agency and one of the fathers goes after them.
While the audio quality isn't up to today's standards the "actors" far exceed today's if only because they actually had to act in 1978 and didn't have to rely on special effects or gore to carry the plot.

Last edited by LoyalWolfsBlade; 09-17-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Corrected stupid phone's spell check
LoyalWolfsBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #2809
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw these movies tonight.

Both were really good in their own way. The Magnificent 7 was, well, magnificent. Visually fantastic and action packed and though not always 'funny', there was definitely humor.

My doh moment came when I realized just who Vincent's character was. He looked so different!

Anyway, I fully enjoyed it.

Bridget was Bridget and I enjoyed the movie, though it had a bit less action than the first movie. Well, a different kind of action, really.

But both were very good.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #2810
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

...I've been on a space opera/sci-fi kick lately....

Jupiter Ascending: There seems to be a mixed crowd for this one, I was fascinated, visually stunning, if u have blu-ray. Genetics taken to a whole new, rather spooky level...the Wachowski's def. enjoy the thematic of human consumption(in every sense of the word and definition) I think I've seen this one 6 times..More fun to watch at night, lights out....as I said "visually stunning", at some points if u look around, the room gives out an impressive mess of lights...if u've seen it, in My opinion, the "Groom" dressed better than the reluctant "Bride" Would be nice to see some sequels and/or prequel

Cloud Atlas Felt more like jigsaw Puzzle, blink, grab a drink or pick the wrong piece and you're horridly lost for awhile in the unraveling/developing plot...Several actors(Tom Hanks, Hugo Weaving, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant, Susan Sarandon, etc etc) take on several different characters each through the span of more than 5 centuries, each ones choices, actions, decisions and outcomes affect each other in some way in the very long haul, whether through cause and effect, or inheritance, your pick...Another Wachowski project

Others I've *recently* seen and enjoyed, or found intellectually entertaining
"The Danish Girl"
"The Theory of Everything"{both with Eddie Redmayne}
"Creed"{Looking forward to more, if any}
"Spotlight"{Infuriating at first..}
"Ex Machina" {Don't ever fuck with 'droids, ever...literally.}
" Bicentennial Man" {was missing mr. williams humor..}

Old 09-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #2811
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw these movies today. One was okay and one made me bawl like a spoiled little baby. Guess which one!

This had some really dope dancing.

I'm not always a fan of faith movies as some of them really cram it down your throat but this one wasn't too bad, plus it has Queen Latifah and Jennifer Garner.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #2812
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,623 Times in 1,560 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

It's a cold, damp, and blustery weekend, best spent in lounge-wear catching up on all the movies I've put in my Netflix/amazon/etc queues over the summer.

This morning we watched this little film 'A Royal Night Out'

A sweet imagining of what Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret might have done the night of VE Day when they went out amidst the people for the celebrations. It's a fun romp.

Hack has added "P-Two" to my ever growing list of nicknames. (He says he believes I've modeled my life on a young Princess Margaret)
Old 10-02-2016, 02:07 AM   #2813
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Normal Heart

Hi everyone,
Watched a this brilliant film the other night.
Its set in the early 80's when the first cases of Aids were starting to really take hold in the gay comunity.
The film was out in 2014, but i never saw any previews at cinemas over here in the uk for it.
The film has superb acting, julia and mark and all the cast are exceptional.
You have to see this film.
Its so moving, tearful & anger are the two main emotions you feel.
A must see movie.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #2814
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw 2012 last night. Who doesn't love a decent disaster end of the world movie?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #2815
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Another double feature!

Both were most excellent and very well made.

I was a mess before the movie even started because they showed a trailer for Patriots Day, the movie about the Boston marathon bombing, with Mark Wahlberg. Then the same director went and made another fantastic and visually stunning movie. Also with Mark Wahlberg, who I happen to like.

This movie was a delight. An absolute delight. I love the magical stuff and if you do too, you'll enjoy this movie.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2016, 05:45 PM   #2816
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,033 Times in 9,962 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Several of us in our book club who really enjoyed The Girl On The Train are going to go see the film version of the story. It's playing in local theaters, so we're going to catch an late afternoon matinee and then go out for dinner. Should be lots of fun because our group of readers really liked the thriller but none of us have any expectations for the film. I liked the building suspense of how Rachel took to investigating what she witnessed (because of how she doubted her memory). Totally recommend the book, for those looking for something new to read.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #2817
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I watched a background movie last night (not necessarily interesting enough to watch all the way through but cohesive enough to know what's going on whilst coming and going around the house aka white noise with purpose).

It will please the 12 year old inside but probably annoy or bore the adult on the outside.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #2818
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up SO good!

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #2819
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,623 Times in 1,560 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I went on a girls night movie date with my best femme to see the new Bridget Jones movie. I was hesitant because these stories don't often hold up a decade or so later (AbFab ... SATC movie deux)...

But we had so much fun watching it and found it resonated in the most cringeworthy and laugh out loud (40somethingnow) ways.

Then I got home and realized that in my rush to get to the cinema I locked myself out of my apartment. (This is not something *i do* I'm methodical and hypervigilant, and of course it happens when my landlord/upstairs neighbor is in Vermont and Hack is up at his weekday work crashpad an hour away)

So I do balanced a plastic lawn chair on the loose rocks, climbed to the top, shimmied the window open, and promptly fell in head first. Ass over tea kettle as my Grama would have said. All the while my best femme held her iphone up for light and laughed til she nearly wee'd her pants.

All in all it was a very Bridget Jones evening.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:57 PM   #2820
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw these 3 movies!

I wasn't 100% sure if I'd like this one but I loved it. The acting and costumes were superb!

Very, very good movie! I liked that they showed both the real person and the actors that portrayed them.

This one was just for fun but there's a twist in there too that I wasn't expecting, since I didn't read the book. Still, good!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie