Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #261
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I should tell y'all...before I try and switch off.

I have a chest infection right now. I feel pretty bad. This time last year I would have been totally incapacitated, unable to move more than a couple of steps without gasping for breath. Not to put too finer point on it...I'm coughing up but I shall ride my bike to Pride tomorrow.

Result!
Please keep that infection in mind while riding in pride ok...have you seen a doctor for it? and no being admitted to the Hospital ok ...on the positive note...im glad your not incapacitated...you rule...get to feeling better..

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #262
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
Please keep that infection in mind while riding in pride ok...have you seen a doctor for it? and no being admitted to the Hospital ok ...on the positive note...im glad your not incapacitated...you rule...get to feeling better..
There's another week or so until I can get to working on feeling better. No matter, this could be 500% (yes I really mean that much) worse.

Pride...WoooHoooo!

and with that, I'm gone to find the sleep faeries
Old 06-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #263
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning and Happy Smoke-Free days to all!

I have been very busy and happy to report today is 12 days smoke free. I called my kid and asked her to remove all smoke paraphernalia from the back porch so when I arrive home it won't be staring at me.

Incubus, sorry to hear of that chest infection! Please take care as much and possible. Have a happy Pride!

Good morning gaea, lilith, Dapper Butch, popcorninthesofa and all those trying to kick the habit!

Have a great smoke free weekend.

OSB
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #264
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post

I have been very busy and happy to report today is 12 days smoke free. I called my kid and asked her to remove all smoke paraphernalia from the back porch so when I arrive home it won't be staring at me.

Incubus, sorry to hear of that chest infection! Please take care as much and possible. Have a happy Pride!

Good morning gaea, lilith, Dapper Butch, popcorninthesofa and all those trying to kick the habit!

OSB
Good for you.....aren't you just amazed about this? nearly 2 weeks for you.

Keep on going OS

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #265
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Butt I am an artist.

I was standing outside my Chiro's office waiting for them to open, and folks were smoking. So, I added my touch to the butt's. No, I do not own a sopabox, just funnin' when I can about a really hard subject.

Way to go to those of you haning in , hangin out, and just concerned.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #266
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:

OSB
Congrats on the 12 days! And good idea to get rid of the paraphernalia!

P.S. I have been smoke free for quite a while. My purpose on this thread is just to give support to the quitters. Earlier in the thread I asked if us quitters were welcome.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #267
Daktari

Quote:

OSB
12 days woooohooooo! Go you OSButch That's really good news.

You're all doing brilliantly...Keep the faith!!

...in other news. It's been a great Pride day and champagne has helped me forget about feeling poorly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #268
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

P.S. I have been smoke free for quite a while. My purpose on this thread is just to give support to the quitters. Earlier in the thread I asked if us quitters were welcome.
Dude, I welcome support from all. I really appreciate it no matter how long someone has given up smoking. I hope one day to be one of the supports that can say that same thing. Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #269
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
12 days woooohooooo! Go you OSButch That's really good news.

You're all doing brilliantly...Keep the faith!!

...in other news. It's been a great Pride day and champagne has helped me forget about feeling poorly.
Thanks dude.

Gotta love champagne to help out any day! Glad you had a great Pride day!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #270
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

I believe all support is welcomed here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #271
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Good evening and Happy Smoke Free Sunday.

I have arrived home on the eve of my 2 weeks being a quitter! I was a bit shocked at how immediate the urge to have a smoke was when I walked through my front door. Well, my kid made sure everything was gone, I am very grateful for that! She also put a bag of sour gumballs on my pillow I love my kid!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #272
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:

I have arrived home on the eve of my 2 weeks being a quitter! I was a bit shocked at how immediate the urge to have a smoke was when I walked through my front door. Well, my kid made sure everything was gone, I am very grateful for that! She also put a bag of sour gumballs on my pillow I love my kid!

The gumballs were her way of saying "please don't smoke"......

Keep it up ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #273
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Quote:

Keep it up ...

Your right gaea. That is true love..

Wat to go OSB

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #274
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:

Keep it up ...
Yes, it is exactly that. I have just had one of those sour gumball....I like tart but ohmygoodness this is cheek puckering sour! The are called Cry Baby Extra Sour Bubble Gum from Dubble Bubble....Caution reads You'll only cry for 40 seconds.

Today is 2 weeks smoke free!
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #275
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Those are the ones she left me Tommi! Thanks dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Your right gaea. That is true love..

Wat to go OSB

Old 06-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #276
Daktari

Quote:
Yes, it is exactly that. I have just had one of those sour gumball....I like tart but ohmygoodness this is cheek puckering sour! The are called Cry Baby Extra Sour Bubble Gum from Dubble Bubble....Caution reads You'll only cry for 40 seconds.

Today is 2 weeks smoke free!
WoooHoooo OS Butch...weeks rather than days is grand! Go you!!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #277
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
WoooHoooo OS Butch...weeks rather than days is grand! Go you!!

Incubus! You are right, weeks sounds so much better! Thanks.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #278
Daktari

Ooooh I so wanted to smoke yesterday and today. Essay writing triggers cravings. Does it every time. I'm sure by the time Thursday evening comes round and I've handed in the cravings will stop.

I won't cave in, I just thought I'd share that even a year or so away from my last ciggie there is still the occasional craving. They're pretty easy to deal with nowadays though. Jeepers! Never thought that phrase would ever come outta my mouth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #279
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Ooooh I so wanted to smoke yesterday and today. Essay writing triggers cravings. Does it every time. I'm sure by the time Thursday evening comes round and I've handed in the cravings will stop.

I won't cave in, I just thought I'd share that even a year or so away from my last ciggie there is still the occasional craving. They're pretty easy to deal with nowadays though. Jeepers! Never thought that phrase would ever come outta my mouth.
You go dude! I hope I can say that in 50 more weeks!
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #280
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Default A phrase ive been using a aloty lately

Keep on keepin on....

not only have i used it a lot lately however i have also seen in written context in just about every book i have picked up ...

temptation all around all the time...its a choice i'm making every day,yesterday ,today etc...through the tears the heartaches and what not's...

I went to the driving range with a smoker friend yesterday...hm no i did not cave...no i did not smoke....i did however roll one around between my fingers to see how it felt...and well it was odd the feeling in all honesty...tried to get a hold of what i used to feel...and i couldn't...i could have taken the next step and lit it however i didn't want to and i didnt want to throw away my 9 weeks 2 days lol

i like what you say doc...

I dont conform easily to societal rules and such on how to live same went for the patch...i used a 21 mg the whole time....when i want to cut down i cut the 21 mg in half then quarters then in 8ths....im officially off the patch...no wonder im a wreck...