Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #281
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

One weekday morning when I was off work (not my usual gym schedule) I met an older butch dyke in the locker room. That is, unless I'm out of my mind in my perception of her, but I really don't think I am . We chatted about nothing interesting, just intro stuff and working out. She's a law professor and was facing me, sitting on a bench and wearing old blue cotton panties (nothing cute) with big white polka dots. Somehow it seemed very butch the fact that she didn't care about her underwear, kind of like she didn't even notice (I know there are metrosexual butches but she didn't seem to be one of them.). I forget her name, but I remember those underwear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yesterday I was good, did over an hour of cardio.

Today I dodged the weights (when I should have done them), and only did an hour of cardio.

I don't really have anyone interesting at my gym like nycfembbw does.

I did see an old school bull dyke there yesterday. I wanted to thank her for paving the way (she was in her late 60's or early 70's), but when I smiled at her, she just looked at me. Like I said, old school bull dyke. Awesome! Does anyone ever think about that when they see the stereotypical older "bull dyke"? What those women went through that we now reap the rewards of?

I have this wave of respect and appreciation well up in me at those moments.

(how the hell did I get from exercise to a speech on lesbian history and the strong women who paved the way for us? I may not define as a "woman", but they certainly paved my way, as well)

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #282
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

today....I made a token effort at the eliptical....2 miles in 10 minutes...that was a good warm up

then on to weights...I did less than yesterday..I didn't wake up sore but I felt the previous day's activities fo sho...

THEN...

I spent quality time with my new addiction....damn still forgot the name...and I stare at it the whole time I'm on the damn thing...anywho.. I did 30 minutes on that particular treadmill....Freemotion! I just had a flashback to when I had a photographic memory..yay! It looks SIMILAR to this:

But bigger and fancier and more gymie...

I used to look at it all this time wondering what the handlebars up top were for....they are for holding on for dear life when it takes you into a 21.5 incline during an interval... However, after 30 minutes on this bad boy it SAID, at least, that I had burned over 400 calories....and it's actually FUN...now you know why I love it soooo.......

Oh and I've started stretching before I leave the gym. If I wait till I get home I will A. find other things to do and B. my hamstrings will get cold and will resemble grapefruits by that time..(or at least feel that way)
Old 05-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #283
tygr_grrl

How Do You Identify?:
Fiesty Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
free

tygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputationtygr_grrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Got really sweaty

Went to Bikrams yoga, which I hadn't been for a few weeks. 90 minutes of yoga in 105 degrees. It completely kicked my ass, but in the best way possible. Limits were pushed, and I kept going. An awesome experience when it happens.

I'm now sipping on a beet/carrot/ginger/apple smoothie and feeling amazing!
tygr_grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tygr_grrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #284
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

the extent of exercize this week has been lifting the fork to my mouth and chewing. lol. its my birthday weekend. i'm taking a vacation from the elliptical
Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #285
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

I washed the car (and it's only a two seater, at that!). Yeah, I know, weak, but I really feel wiped out from stepping up the workouts this week.

I'm sure I will take the dog for a quick 20 minute walk later, but that doesn't really count.

I will get back in the game, tomorrow. Just need a day off.

ETA: I know a day off is an ok thing, it is just that I took off Tuesday.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #286
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today. It was blustery weather outside, so I didn't have to feel guilty for not frolicking outside today.

First I went on the Arc Trainer for 55 minutes, watching a combination of Andy Cohen doing individual interviews with each of the Real Housewives of NJ (snooze) and other equally boring crap. In fact, that's why I skipped the last five minutes of what would have been a nice, clean 1 hour work-out. I just couldn't take the t.v. options anymore!

Special thanks to CinnamonGrrl for posting a photo of the Freemotion machine and talking it up because I was intrigued and was able to find it at my gym! Grrl, you are not kidding about those inclines. I did the Interval program for an hour and was holding on for dear life! I can so tell this is a new favorite! What a great work out! Thanks for getting me out of my regular routine!

Then I did abs, weight lifting, yoga, and stretching for an hour. I was next to the woman with the long black braid. She was doing sit-ups holding a huge weighted ball that she'd hoist over her head. I also spotted Jill first on the Arc Trainer and then later doing her classic Sisyphean stair climbing.

I had a sighting of a woman I've never cared for. She has a bubblegum-bitchy personality, and on top of that she confronted me one day during the time in which the Boston marathon bombers were on the loose. She told me that I was being insensitive for having my black backpack on. She said, "I mean, I know you're cool and all, but I am supposed to report stuff like this." I was lightly apologetic to her and groused to myself about it for a good twenty minutes (thinking prickly thoughts of irritation). Finally, I decided to permanently change my gym bag to an almost see-though small pink hand bag. I'm still very wary of her....

Great work-out today!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #287
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I went to the gym today. It was blustery weather outside, so I didn't have to feel guilty for not frolicking outside today.

First I went on the Arc Trainer for 55 minutes, watching a combination of Andy Cohen doing individual interviews with each of the Real Housewives of NJ (snooze) and other equally boring crap. In fact, that's why I skipped the last five minutes of what would have been a nice, clean 1 hour work-out. I just couldn't take the t.v. options anymore!

Special thanks to CinnamonGrrl for posting a photo of the Freemotion machine and talking it up because I was intrigued and was able to find it at my gym! Grrl, you are not kidding about those inclines. I did the Interval program for an hour and was holding on for dear life! I can so tell this is a new favorite! What a great work out! Thanks for getting me out of my regular routine!

Then I did abs, weight lifting, yoga, and stretching for an hour. I was next to the woman with the long black braid. She was doing sit-ups holding a huge weighted ball that she'd hoist over her head. I also spotted Jill first on the Arc Trainer and then later doing her classic Sisyphean stair climbing.

I had a sighting of a woman I've never cared for. She has a bubblegum-bitchy personality, and on top of that she confronted me one day during the time in which the Boston marathon bombers were on the loose. She told me that I was being insensitive for having my black backpack on. She said, "I mean, I know you're cool and all, but I am supposed to report stuff like this." I was lightly apologetic to her and groused to myself about it for a good twenty minutes (thinking prickly thoughts of irritation). Finally, I decided to permanently change my gym bag to an almost see-though small pink hand bag. I'm still very wary of her....

Great work-out today!

It makes me nothing but happy to share my healthy addictions! I'm telling you, those intervals will work bun muscles you never even knew you had... The ONLY thing I don't like is the woozy feeling you have when you get off the machine...like when I used to go to all-night skates as a teen!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #288
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Last week my docor set up another mri to check out my right shoulder that has been giveing me some problems with pressure and pinching pain on an on and off basic,he told me not to do any exersiseing cause I could cause more problems,well I never did do everything the doc said to do so I did a respectable work out today so lo and behold my grouchy shoulder feels better,I hope this isnt the lull before the storm.I even took a nap with no problems.All I did was shoot some hoops,ride my exersise bike then do some time on the ellipitical thing,all so I used the five pound weights a bit for anything I coluld figure out to use them for.Tomorrow is another day that will have a simular workout in it as long as I dont feel any pain I figure i'm doing ok...I hope.Have a happy holliday folks,
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #289
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Planks.

Not sure this is even of interest to anyone, but I started doing planks on a regular basis for the first time when I got back into the game 3 weeks ago.

Within the first week my stomach/core really tightened up. Although I haven't measured at all (which I should), I swear I lost an inch off my waist within two weeks. It isn't from "weight loss", either. I have been doing crunches as well, but historically when regularly doing crunches, I never had this experience.

I have some nice dress pants that I stupidly bought in a smaller size when I first got off chemo 2 years ago and had lost weight (yeah...I thought I would keep the 10lbs off...why the hell would I think that?? ha!), that I can now wear (still need to lose about 5 lbs for them to be completely comfortable). THAT quickly. How weird is that?

Did anyone else see an amazing change when they first started doing planks (yes, remember back to years ago!)?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #290
Daktari

Yep, had great results with planks. Got my 6pack back...then needed shoulder surgery which put an end to the planks. I was just getting back to them when I broke m'bloody collar bone.

Micro crunches are fairly effective too. The ex and I used to do hundreds of them whilst watching telly.

Pilates is also a good way to get good core strength and fab abs.

It's good to vary the planks too...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #291
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

^^

Thanks for the vidoes. I will go through them.

Not sure if what I do is "micro crunches", or not.

ETA: Damn, that woman is amazing! If I do the above variations will I be able to skip the crunches?

Double ETA: Do others have a hard time deciding which muscle groups to work out when weight lifting since you can't get to all of them? How do you decide? Which ones are the most important to you?

Currently, all I am doing is what I used when I did a basic work out video. It seems to suit me fine, but maybe I could use a link in case I am missing some of the basics and I am unaware of it? I use free weights and have no interest in changing to machines.

Oh, and at this point, I am mainly focused on arms/chest, so these are the moves I am looking for. I am pretty comfortable with my legs/butt. I naturally have some pretty decent muscle mass in my thighs/calves which is enough for me right now. I am looking to build my upper body.

Give me what 'cha got, peeps!

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #292
Daktari

Yer welcome.

Micro crunches don't require much movement. Knees bent, be aware of your core and keeping the small of your back on the floor - back and tummy muscles are antagonistic muscle groups and therefore must be worked out in tandem for full core strength - then all you need to do is lift your shoulders a few inches from the floor. Easy peasy until you get into multiple sets of 200 or so

eta. It's not even a few inches off the floor, more a roll your shoulders away from the floor until you feel your abs kick in...it isn't half so far as you think.

Yes, do the planks and variations then crunches will be a thing of the past.

Get yerself some kettle balls. Work those arms!

eta x2 Ya don't work yer whole body in one session. There'll be loads on the web about splitting body parts - not in a Hannibal Lector sorta way

Don't over-train either. You need to rest those muscles for them to repair themselves properly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #293
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

IslandScout and I walked three miles in Central Park around the reservoir. It was a gorgeous day: windy and sunny with a fall-type temperature. Two women stopped us and gave us an invitation for an orgasm-inducing meditation gathering. All in all, a lovely day with a wonderful friend.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #294
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today which was quite empty because people in NYC go away for three day weekends, especially in the summer, plus it was a nice day out. It was basically just Jill and me and some others I don't know. Oh, and there was one other regular, a petite middle-aged man who walks the treadmill without any fanfare, wearing business pants and shirt and shoes. He has a dull 1950's worker look. I imagine (in my fantasy) that he had a significant medical event and a doctor recommended he go to the gym. Anyway, first I went on the Arc Trainer (similar to elliptical) for an hour; then fifteen minutes on the stair master; then 45 minutes biking while watching t.v. and lifting weights at the same time (my adhd gets itself out at the gym!); and then an hour of abs (yes, planks!), yoga, and stretching. The three day weekend is now officially over. Back to work tomorrow...

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #295
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I was planning on going to a new gym that I have a week's free pass to, but when I got there, they had closed early for the holiday. Unfortunately, this was not documented on their website otherwise I would have gone earlier.

Boo.

However, Alex and I did walk tons today through an outdoor crafty type fair and it was beautiful and sunny and warm and just lovely.

The fair had a mechanical bull, a live band AND carnival rides. I was sorely tempted to try the bull but I saw how the operator cranked the juice up for adults and thought to myself, maybe not.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #296
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow I go for my second round of injections on the other side of my neck and back(left side) so I didnt over do today just played some hoops,took a walk with the fur kids,did a bit of house work,baked a coconut cream pie for my son.I also worked on the old guitar I am redoing,I finished sanding the front and sides to a nice smooth finish.I'm not shure what it will look like when i'm done but i'm geting an idea in my head.Yes,this is a light day for me beleave it or not.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #297
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Got the standard 10k walk in at the end of the day yesterday-- previous 2 days were physically demanding landscaping/gardening/rock collecting days! Sore muscles but the back yard looks awesome!! Plus, the patio is *almost* ready for the season

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #298
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I went to the gym today which was quite empty because people in NYC go away for three day weekends, especially in the summer, plus it was a nice day out. It was basically just Jill and me and some others I don't know. Oh, and there was one other regular, a petite middle-aged man who walks the treadmill without any fanfare, wearing business pants and shirt and shoes. He has a dull 1950's worker look. I imagine (in my fantasy) that he had a significant medical event and a doctor recommended he go to the gym. Anyway, first I went on the Arc Trainer (similar to elliptical) for an hour; then fifteen minutes on the stair master; then 45 minutes biking while watching t.v. and lifting weights at the same time (my adhd gets itself out at the gym!); and then an hour of abs (yes, planks!), yoga, and stretching. The three day weekend is now officially over. Back to work tomorrow...
That is 2 hours of cardio? Is that even healthy? You be crazy.

My friend's husband works out in his work clothes (similar to the above..dress pants, etc), on the treadmill in their bedroom. He says that there is no reason to "dirty more clothes", even though she is the one who does the laundry! He evidently also cheers himself on, chanting his name over and over.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #299
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Dapper, it's how I get out my nervous energy. I've always been like that

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #300
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Did a circuit of(3) Squats on the hack machine, machine chest press, and overhead press with barbell. Doing pyramid sets (adding weight each time) for a total of 57 reps on each.
Maxed out at 200 lbs on the squats.
160lbs on the chest press
60 lbs on the overhead barbell press
Then finished off with biceps.
Preacher curls
Cable curls
Dumbell curls

Tags
exercise, weights