Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #461
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
Nothing wrong with walking, or walking slowly!

The female world record holder for the most marathons in a year is a walker. Just sayin.'
Really? That's awesome!

BTW - I didn't know you were a coach. That's also awesome.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #462
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

<snip>

Without torturing you with many more details, I'll just report that on MWF, I went to a stretch class, 5:30 - 6 am and a group weightlifting class, 6 - 7 am. On T/Th, I took a core class, 5 - 6:30 am. My next goal is to add cardio to my workout.
Ha, ha, ha. The core class met from 6 - 6:30.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #463
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
So how did the car cleaning exercise go?
It was great! Sunny and 70, two neighbors saw me outside and wandered over to sit on the stoop and keep me company also.

Since I live on the top floor, everything goes up and down three flights. Really didn't bother the ankle either.

And a clean car to boot.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #464
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Does this count as exercise?

Pulled into my driveway. Noticed 70ish year old neighbor woman sitting on the ground by another neighbor's door. She had fallen. I went over and picked her up, set her back upright on her feet. This is the second time this week I have had to pick her up. I do not mind helping her like that but I have grown to realize how manipulative she is so otherwise I keep my distance.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #465
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha, ha, ha. The core class met from 6 - 6:30.
Was that a Freudian slip?

Did it FEEL like a really long class?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #466
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile

I am finally able to get in enough water and protein to be able to start getting my bum into gear..waiting for it to cool off a bit then off to the school to walk around the track with the lil dog in toe and the child can play.
hey we all gotta start somewhere right?
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #467
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierragirrl View Post
I am finally able to get in enough water and protein to be able to start getting my bum into gear..waiting for it to cool off a bit then off to the school to walk around the track with the lil dog in toe and the child can play.
hey we all gotta start somewhere right?

Hell ya! We do all start somewhere. Good for you.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #468
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Most of the exercise I get is from walking...yesterday I met a friend at this HUGE mall near where I work. Wish I'd been wearing my pedometer but think I walked at least 1.5 miles and my legs and back are telling me all about it this morning. Thank the Goddess for my Shiatsu chair massager thing...LOL

I confess that I haven't read much in this thread, so please indulge and forgive me if this topic has already been dicussed...is anyone doing any body sculpting? I need to tone, tighten and strengthen and want more definition to my body - get my hourglass back if you will. I love having those curves.
A lot of us use weights in one form or another.

Good evening, exercisers.

Today was an off day. I thought better of it after the leg issues yesterday and Alex did his running outside at the park so no guilt for not bringing myself to the gym. Wee.

Wore my new shoes around the house today. It took me a while to get fully comfy in them but they seem to fit really well and I didn't have to use Alex's compression sleeves again but I think I will tomorrow. I didn't find the shoes I wanted to use for my work shoes, so I'm either going to have to wear my workout shoes to work, which I'd really rather not do, or suck it up one more day with my older shoes.

I'll figure it out tomorrow.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #469
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
A lot of us use weights in one form or another.

Good evening, exercisers.

Today was an off day. I thought better of it after the leg issues yesterday and Alex did his running outside at the park so no guilt for not bringing myself to the gym. Wee.

Wore my new shoes around the house today. It took me a while to get fully comfy in them but they seem to fit really well and I didn't have to use Alex's compression sleeves again but I think I will tomorrow. I didn't find the shoes I wanted to use for my work shoes, so I'm either going to have to wear my workout shoes to work, which I'd really rather not do, or suck it up one more day with my older shoes.

I'll figure it out tomorrow.

So good to hear that a good pair shoes seems to be the solution to your problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #470
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post

So good to hear that a good pair shoes seems to be the solution to your problem.
A big part of it for sure. Giving my body an off day was definitely needed too.

I felt an occasion twinge today but not nearly as bad as it's been. The compression sleeves helped a lot. When I can get myself a pair, I will. Alex said they're good for wearing on the plane too, so we'll likely wear ours to Little Rock.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #471
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I miss my food!

All this sitting around is forcing me to cut back on my food fun.

Bummer
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #473
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I miss my food!

All this sitting around is forcing me to cut back on my food fun.

Bummer
But, how awesome is it that you actually think about calories in + activity level = weight/body composition out?

I am curious to know if you think of your body as a "machine" so to speak and food as fuel? Do you track all your calories? Where/when does it cross over to obsession would you say?

I think that people who having the ability to see their bodies as machines have it right. The discipline is impressive. I just wonder if for some of them they can drive themselves nuts with it.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #474
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I went to stretch, group power, and I weeded for about 20 minutes this morning.

Every few weeks, the regular classes get a revamp, and today was the first day of the new group power class. The teacher just learned the combinations herself, and every few exercises she would say, Uhoh, that wasn't what we were supposed to do!

We use bars and free weights and steps in that class and we work every major group of muscles, and I just started last week, so I'm generally one third of a set behind as it is. Weights on, weights off, heavier weights, lighter weights, but I'm sore in a few new spots today.

It was probably silly to weed when I got home, but it's probably going to be too hot later, and my garden looks terrible.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #475
Daktari

On Saturday I broke m'self cycling just 12/13miles. Dunno what went wrong. I'd eaten, was well hydrated, yada yada yada.

Exhaustion was so deep yesterday I could barely think, let alone move This can happen, for me, after several days of 'big busy', not just a measly little bike ride to see friends. Although I guess that messing about at the bike workshop for a portion of each day last week must also be counted as it's not 'usual' activity for me...yet.

Even though it was the first proper ride...it counts as a proper ride if I put m'padded cycling undershorts on... over 10miles since getting back in the saddle after injury but I really didn't expect to be so wiped out. Mebbe it was the heat...the hottest day thus far this year for us (late 20s C in shade). Mebbe it was all the above factors.

Yesterday a short walk to and from town was as good as it got, which was followed by hitting m'bed by 6pm and being asleep before it was dark.

Still suffering from a total lack of energy today, two days later. Does anyone else get this totally debilitating tiredness? Does anyone know what causes it?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #476
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Quote:
I went to stretch, group power, and I weeded for about 20 minutes this morning.

<snip>

It was probably silly to weed when I got home, but it's probably going to be too hot later, and my garden looks terrible.
I weeded and raked for another hour, oy.

My triceps are sore, my tush is sore, and some muscle in the front of my underarm is sore.

Have I always had that muscle?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #477
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
But, how awesome is it that you actually think about calories in + activity level = weight/body composition out?

I am curious to know if you think of your body as a "machine" so to speak and food as fuel? Do you track all your calories? Where/when does it cross over to obsession would you say?

I think that people who having the ability to see their bodies as machines have it right. The discipline is impressive. I just wonder if for some of them they can drive themselves nuts with it.
Hey Dapper, yes I think we are pretty much biological internal combustion engines. According to Gemme and Jennifer a couple of days back some days are more combustable than others.

I do track the heck out of pretty much everything and would guess that obsession set in about three years ago 10 minutes after I started. But then, I am a born analytic, not a creative.

It doesn't make me crazy, more like a hobby.

The analogies I use most with myself I think you specifically would enjoy. I liken it to finances. Balancing the accounts, ROI, dividend payments, and my current 'portfolio diversification'.

I test drove the ankle just a little this morning. Hmm, not so much. Guess I'll go check out yet another pool that is up for consideration.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #478
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
On Saturday I broke m'self cycling just 12/13miles. Dunno what went wrong. I'd eaten, was well hydrated, yada yada yada.

Exhaustion was so deep yesterday I could barely think, let alone move This can happen, for me, after several days of 'big busy', not just a measly little bike ride to see friends. Although I guess that messing about at the bike workshop for a portion of each day last week must also be counted as it's not 'usual' activity for me...yet.

Even though it was the first proper ride...it counts as a proper ride if I put m'padded cycling undershorts on... over 10miles since getting back in the saddle after injury but I really didn't expect to be so wiped out. Mebbe it was the heat...the hottest day thus far this year for us (late 20s C in shade). Mebbe it was all the above factors.

Yesterday a short walk to and from town was as good as it got, which was followed by hitting m'bed by 6pm and being asleep before it was dark.

Still suffering from a total lack of energy today, two days later. Does anyone else get this totally debilitating tiredness? Does anyone know what causes it?
Ha! I like your definition of a 'proper ride'.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #479
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Excited/Fraidy cat

Well, I bit the bullet and scheduled my first swim lesson for Wednesday.

This is at neither of the places I discussed, it is a really nice outdoor pool.

The other choices were:

1) Great gym - crummy pool
2) Good pool - crummy gym

I have decided to go with the less convenient option of two different facilities. The pool is just a pool, but a really great one. And I will use the gym with the best equipment starting mid-august when I get back from a trip I have to take. This way I can start with swimming before I chicken out again, and the whole thing will be the most affordable option + the best facilities. It isn't on the island so I will have to drive 30min each way. I have the time for extra running around so I will use it.

I drove up there this afternoon to check it out. I knew I would have to go there at least some as the coach I want to work with is there. I know I need the Jennifer seal of approval before buying a full on pass (Jennifer, I put a picture in my gallery for you ). Pending approval and me completing a couple of lessons without drowning, that will be a hang out for me.

Finally, a decision!!

Stats:
Temp 80 degrees
Lanes 20yd long
I can choose the depth I want all the way across, anything from 3.5 feet - 13.5 feet.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #480
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Engines, indeed.

I opted not to work out tonight. It wasn't a stressful day and I did do manual labor, though not enough to justify skipping the gym, so it's part laziness and part trepidation.

I tried new shoes for work today and there were only a couple of tiny twinges during the day. Good news!

I've got the compression sleeves on tonight and I'll tackle the gym tomorrow but go slow for the rest of the week. Walking only for now and no crazy inclines.

Like Kelt, I'll have to adjust my food intake accordingly.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights