Old 02-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
Holly.88

How Do You Identify?:
Male and Unc to my God Son
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, he, and 'hey, handsome' :P
Relationship Status:
She said "Yes!"

Holly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Underworks 997/Microfiber Tank Top Information

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new binder and am considering two: both are Underworks models, one is the 997 and the other is the microfiber tank top. Things I would like to know are: if they're comfortable, durable, a general idea of how the sizes run (I wear large-xlarge shirts and have a chest that is on the smaller side), if they are cool enough to wear during the sweltering New Orleans summer, and any other information that could be provided. If any of y'all can suggest a different tank top style binder, I'm very open to that as well, although I am trying to stay within a $40ish price range. Thanks for any help or advice, guys!
Holly.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly.88 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new binder and am considering two: both are Underworks models, one is the 997 and the other is the microfiber tank top. Things I would like to know are: if they're comfortable, durable, a general idea of how the sizes run (I wear large-xlarge shirts and have a chest that is on the smaller side), if they are cool enough to wear during the sweltering New Orleans summer, and any other information that could be provided. If any of y'all can suggest a different tank top style binder, I'm very open to that as well, although I am trying to stay within a $40ish price range. Thanks for any help or advice, guys!
The Underworks 997 and the 983 (tri top), are the two most popular binders out there. They are cheap and long lasting. The microfiber tank is not strong at all.

I have used many, many, many binders over the years and used the 983 for the last several years before top sugery. Make sure you check the sizing chart between styles, the charts are not the same across binders.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default 10% off Underworks

Try the coupon code under10.

I understand that as of today this code worked for 10% off: aj4uw10

Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
Holly.88

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
She said "Yes!"

Holly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST Reputation

I just ordered the 997. The 10% off code worked, which is always nice! Thanks for the information and the code.

All that's left now is waiting for it to come in!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly.88 View Post
I just ordered the 997. The 10% off code worked, which is always nice! Thanks for the information and the code.

All that's left now is waiting for it to come in!
Did the under10 work or the second one? Just curious.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Holly.88

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
She said "Yes!"

It was the second one that worked. I tried it before trying the first one since I already had it copied.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #7
TagHeuer_07

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Relationship Status:
Not lookng for relationship

TagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST ReputationTagHeuer_07 Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.f2mbinders.com/binding-to...st-binder-tank

This is what i wear, it good last longer (had for about 4 or 5 years now) but it getting worn out so will buy new one soon
TagHeuer_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagHeuer_07 View Post
http://www.f2mbinders.com/binding-to...st-binder-tank

This is what i wear, it good last longer (had for about 4 or 5 years now) but it getting worn out so will buy new one soon
I always used the Tri Top or similar binder where the binding was only on the top half of the torso. I figured the stomach binding would be uncomfortable.

The 997 is the number one selling Underworks binder, though, so it must not be all that uncomfortable.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you so much for all the information shared here.
We were finally able to get Daddy a binder and know with confidence it will be a successful purchase.
This is second attempt and we were leery.
BTW ... The aj4uw10 code worked for us as well! Double success!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieBluIze View Post
Thank you so much for all the information shared here.
We were finally able to get Daddy a binder and know with confidence it will be a successful purchase.
This is second attempt and we were leery.
BTW ... The aj4uw10 code worked for us as well! Double success!
Cool. Which one did they order?

Old 05-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #11
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

I know this thread is older, but for those seeking a good binder I figured I would give my 2 cents worth. I have been reading about a newer binder, by an up coming company called gc2b transitional apparel.

Everyone has been raving about how comfortable and how well they work. So, I got one of the full length tank, and I have to say all the reviews are right on point. It's comfortable, easy to breath and has the best results I have ever gotten from any other binder out there. I found it a breeze to wear all day and without fear of movement no matter the activity. It's about $38 with shipping included (here in the USA out of country shipping is more). They also have a half binder for those who like them for a couple dollars less.

Yes, they work for the bigger and bigger chested folks as well. The only thing I found was that the stitching at the areas of the binding material (front panel shoulders and back panel) needs to be re-enforces for a longer lasting binder (which can be done at home in a matter of minutes for those handy with a sewing machine). When sizing be sure to do it they way they tell you too...you can not go by the size you used for Underworks or other binder companies. Reviews have stated others have had to return them for a new size when using their old sizes.

Honestly, I'm done using any other binder...and that's saying a lot about results and comfort....oh, and the price isn't bad either.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #12
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazingboi View Post
I know this thread is older, but for those seeking a good binder I figured I would give my 2 cents worth. I have been reading about a newer binder, by an up coming company called gc2b transitional apparel.

Everyone has been raving about how comfortable and how well they work. So, I got one of the full length tank, and I have to say all the reviews are right on point. It's comfortable, easy to breath and has the best results I have ever gotten from any other binder out there. I found it a breeze to wear all day and without fear of movement no matter the activity. It's about $38 with shipping included (here in the USA out of country shipping is more). They also have a half binder for those who like them for a couple dollars less.

Yes, they work for the bigger and bigger chested folks as well. The only thing I found was that the stitching at the areas of the binding material (front panel shoulders and back panel) needs to be re-enforces for a longer lasting binder (which can be done at home in a matter of minutes for those handy with a sewing machine). When sizing be sure to do it they way they tell you too...you can not go by the size you used for Underworks or other binder companies. Reviews have stated others have had to return them for a new size when using their old sizes.

Honestly, I'm done using any other binder...and that's saying a lot about results and comfort....oh, and the price isn't bad either.
This is where I am going to order my next binder! I am just waiting on money funds and more positive reviews. Since I am the bigger and bigger chested part this sounds like a very good product to invest in.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #13
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
This is where I am going to order my next binder! I am just waiting on money funds and more positive reviews. Since I am the bigger and bigger chested part this sounds like a very good product to invest in.
There are a lot of reviews on youtube and instagram...Some pretty good size guys too with comparison pictures (using other binders and such compared with this one). I was impressed enough to give it a try...and happy I did.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #14
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazingboi View Post
There are a lot of reviews on youtube and twitter...Some pretty good size guys too with comparison pictures (using other binders and such compared with this one). I was impressed enough to give it a try...and happy I did.
Hitting up youtube now! Thanks for the heads up!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: