Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #281
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimsiclegirl View Post
Hmmmm....
If I took a book to the last professional baseball game I went to...this thread is probably not the one for me , huh???

My apologies Wimsiclegirl, I meant to respond to this, but was so busy yakking with Kobi about teams who buy championships......(looking thru Atlasts' binoc's towards Miami)cheaters never win

clears throat......

I don't see many book readers, but I do see newspaper readers. Very common at PNC park, so common in fact, they have newspaper vendors (actual people) inside the entrances......and just as Atlast said, if thats what it takes to get you there......people would understand.

To a non baseball loving fan, the game is slow and boring. (exactly how I feel about golf)

However, one year. The new Harry Potter book dijour was released, and the shaded, cooler spots were lined with a younger crowd, reading their new books. No one thought
anything except *Hmmm, what a nice sight*

Baseball is still a family sport.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #282
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I have my game day collateral bag. (plus my purse)
inside at all times, camera, binoculars,sunglasses, sunscreen, arm band fm radio.....(needed it yesterday to see why the umpires left the field, then came back and threw out Clint Hurdle) change, one dollars bills...(must be 50 or 60 in there by now, we keep tossing ones in there)
migraine medicine (just in case, I'M NOT LEAVING)rain poncho, sham wow in case it rains, have to dry the seats
It's getting pretting full, I should try to reduce some of the junk. Yestreday I saw a phillips head screw driver in there....don"t ask!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #283
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I have my game day collateral bag. (plus my purse)
inside at all times, camera, binoculars,sunglasses, sunscreen, arm band fm radio.....(needed it yesterday to see why the umpires left the field, then came back and threw out Clint Hurdle) change, one dollars bills...(must be 50 or 60 in there by now, we keep tossing ones in there)
migraine medicine (just in case, I'M NOT LEAVING)rain poncho, sham wow in case it rains, have to dry the seats
It's getting pretting full, I should try to reduce some of the junk. Yestreday I saw a phillips head screw driver in there....don"t ask!

I dont see a glove in there. What are you planning to catch the foul balls with?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #284
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I dont see a glove in there. What are you planning to catch the foul balls with?

Kobi! (sighs disgustingly) My nails.....

my butch better catch that ball!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #285
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default BoSox help the pirates

Clint Hurdle knows who he is......The Boston Red Sox traded us for a catcher~Micheal McKenry. He was a 4th round pick
with the Bsox when Hurdle was with the organization.

No info available on what we traded. Mckenry is in the lineup tonight.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #286
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Clint Hurdle knows who he is......The Boston Red Sox traded us for a catcher~Micheal McKenry. He was a 4th round pick
with the Bsox when Hurdle was with the organization.

No info available on what we traded. Mckenry is in the lineup tonight.

the Pirates have acquired catcher Mike McKenry from the Red Sox. McKenry, 26, is hitting .274/.369/.421 for Class AAA Pawtucket, and he hit .265/.328/.424 last year for Class AAA Colorado Springs, which is a great place for hitters. He's supposed to be strong defensively, so there's that, and he's probably slightly more likely to hit than Dusty Brown or Wyatt Toregas.

The Bucs will give up cash or a PTBNL. They have designated Toregas for assignment.

-----------------

And I have to say....gooooo Boston Bruins game 6 tonight of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Safer to say it here then in the hockey thread. Too many Canadians there rooting for Vancouver for win their first ever cup. Shhhhhh.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #287
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=Kobi;358328]

The Bucs will give up cash or a PTBNL. They have designated Toregas for assignment.

-----------------Thanks for that info Kobi

And I have to say....gooooo Boston Bruins game 6 tonight of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Safer to say it here then in the hockey thread. Too many Canadians there rooting for Vancouver for win their first ever cup. Shhhhhh.

I heard it referred to as Laverne vs. Shirley.......lol. Mum is the word.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #288
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i am happy to report that my beloved chicago cubs are on a 2 game winning streak. they beat the yankees 3-1 today and the brewers 12-7 last night.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #289
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I arrive early to get the best seat in the house, only to realize that it's a triple a baseball game I am attending. What rabid fans would I have to face to find that perfect perch where I would have the best view of every pitch thrown. I enter hands loaded with my rugged high school mitt in one and and ice cold beer in the other. Today is going to be a great day. I am going to sit back and watch America's game, savor every slider and watch in amazement in the bases loaded full count ride the rookie pitcher works his way out of. Yep this is more than a perfect day. It's a day you can't experience anywhere else on the planet earth. This is my day, my day to relax and imagine only if that were myself on that field, determined that today I would throw the perfect game with a perfection never mastered before. Yep, me, myself and I would have a day to be remembered. Baseball, love it, hate, dismiss it, turn away from it, stop this can't be so. For how could anyone walk away from a perfect day of America's favorite pass time!

Peace
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #290
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

UGH... Giants lost to the A's (interleague series) last night after a loss to the D-backs the night before.

Lincecum did pitch better than his last couple of starts. He has been in a slump- and I think it is related to not having Posey catching. They seemed to have some good communication together. His decline began right after Posey got hurt.

But hey- Stewart's arm was something with 2 throw outs from home to second!! Nailed 2 A's very fast base runners.

I am really enjoying seeing Brandon Crawford as a rookie- the kid does have amazing hands! Of course, I'm biased- he's a local kid getting a start in the game, but I think he will have a career in the game.

Damn, Sandoval didn't hit worth anything last night! But it is so good to have him back.

On another note- the Cal Bears are in the college World Series and the women's team was also. Way kewl!! When I watch college or AAA league ball, I remember my brother. John died in 1990 and I miss the hell out of him. Don't care that he broke a couple of my fingers and once knocked me out when we were kids and he wanted me to catch for him as practice. Yikes- no mask! Dumb kids.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #291
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
I have my game day collateral bag.
change, one dollars bills...(must be 50 or 60 in there by now, we keep tossing ones in there)
$9.35 in loose change.....and 41, one dollar bills. I've been moody because We did not go to Cleveland to see a game this weekend. Although the Pirates have been getting beat, I love the Indians just as much. How is it that *theres too much to do around here, than drive to Cleveland*? (2 hr drive) Some ones priority list needs re-evaluated.

I need a manicure. And maybe some retail therapy. Yes, I'm acting out....and posting about it.

What's happening in the world of baseball? I haven't heard about Posey since I saw him get picked off at home, and then our own Ryan Doumit right after that (Ryans' ankle is busted).....Ryan said it was not a cheap shot, it's part of the game.

ETA: there is talk of moving the Pirates into the American League.....Hmm. I think it's fair to say it's all just talk. I would like to see us be put in a division where we could reasonably be able to drive to some away games. That's not asking for a lot.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #292
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
$9.35 in loose change.....and 41, one dollar bills. I've been moody because We did not go to Cleveland to see a game this weekend. Although the Pirates have been getting beat, I love the Indians just as much. How is it that *theres too much to do around here, than drive to Cleveland*? (2 hr drive) Some ones priority list needs re-evaluated.

I need a manicure. And maybe some retail therapy. Yes, I'm acting out....and posting about it.

What's happening in the world of baseball? I haven't heard about Posey since I saw him get picked off at home, and then our own Ryan Doumit right after that (Ryans' ankle is busted).....Ryan said it was not a cheap shot, it's part of the game.

ETA: there is talk of moving the Pirates into the American League.....Hmm. I think it's fair to say it's all just talk. I would like to see us be put in a division where we could reasonably be able to drive to some away games. That's not asking for a lot.
Hey! SF is playing the Indians here soon! I was thinking about going to one of the games.

Posey said about as much about his injury, but, the GM of the Giants shot off his mouth about the incident in a negative way. There was no animosity between Posey and the guy that smacked into him- so I don't get what's up with the GM other than having a key player out. Ugh, a broken ankle. Yup, one can get hurt on the field.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #293
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Lincecum did pitch better than his last couple of starts. He has been in a slump- and I think it is related to not having Posey catching. They seemed to have some good communication together. His decline began right after Posey got hurt.
I have noticed that as well. They made a good team.

Yesterday was a rainy Sunday and my feet hurt from dancing so I put them up... grabbed a wine (or more)... cause well beer just is not a foxes drink... and watched back to back ball. Ahhhhh now that is what a rainy Sunday is for... even if the Jays did lose.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #294
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I have noticed that as well. They made a good team.

Yesterday was a rainy Sunday and my feet hurt from dancing so I put them up... grabbed a wine (or more)... cause well beer just is not a foxes drink... and watched back to back ball. Ahhhhh now that is what a rainy Sunday is for... even if the Jays did lose.
LOL- yes, I have good memories of a Sunday with dancing feet aches and a ball game, couple of brews, too.

My guys have got to start hitting!! A great bull pen only goes so far!! Playing the Twins starting tomorrow for a series at AT&T. Damn, I'm enjoying my "big" sister's gift of the SF Giants TV sports package! used to only be able to see a few home games via local stations. And now i can see some of the teams other baseball fans here like, too!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #295
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Damn, I'm enjoying my "big" sister's gift of the SF Giants TV sports package! used to only be able to see a few home games via local stations. And now i can see some of the teams other baseball fans here like, too!
Some gifts truly are worth giving, and even better, recieving.

Geek alert - I am already excited for the All star game - I know geeky. Now i just have to find out if the local "lesbian" bar will have it on. Doubt it, I do live in Hockey Country. (derail - the ads on the personal list i am on, almost always include some reference to hockey - geesh.)

Muriel Strode
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #296
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thumbs up Ah Ha! They heard me......

Lyle Overbay has been benched!

What took so long....pathetic batting average of 223.

He left 9 men on base in Cleveland by striking out (as I said before, he has as many hits as strike outs)

Now, lets get a little known guy in there who will tear the
threads off the ball, interleague play again over the week end.

Please Pittsburgh, DUMP Overbay......he's a weak link!

Old 06-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #297
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Some gifts truly are worth giving, and even better, recieving.

Geek alert - I am already excited for the All star game - I know geeky. Now i just have to find out if the local "lesbian" bar will have it on. Doubt it, I do live in Hockey Country. (derail - the ads on the personal list i am on, almost always include some reference to hockey - geesh.)
I'm excited about the All-Star game, too!

hey, hockey is kewl... I bet if I lived where it was big, I would watch it.

Damn, I miss the old lesbian SF neighborhood bars like Maudes- know there would still be we lesbina loving baseball fans gathered round watching the All-Star game and fast-pitch women's college World Series games, plus, now the WNBA!! GO STORM!
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #298
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default what the.....

top of the second and the Orioles are winning 7 to nothing

Let's Go Pirates!

isn't Baltimore, this years worst team in baseball? (we gladdly gave up that hat!)

Old 06-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #299
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Toronto and Atlanta right now, top of the 6th and its still scoreless ............... go Blue Jays :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #300
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I'm excited about the All-Star game, too!

hey, hockey is kewl... I bet if I lived where it was big, I would watch it.

Damn, I miss the old lesbian SF neighborhood bars like Maudes- know there would still be we lesbina loving baseball fans gathered round watching the All-Star game and fast-pitch women's college World Series games, plus, now the WNBA!! GO STORM!
Whew... thought I was in a league all my own..

derail - AHL honey if you lived in the cold northern clime and wanted to watch Hockey I would be all right with that... as long I was not supposed to watch it with you I am not anti-hockey, just anti fox watching hockey... however I do enjoy the odd live game...now Lacrosse...well... (stopping derail)

Muriel Strode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: