Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #301
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

It feels like a Friday to me. Tomorrow is an afternoon baseball game, and I have the day off TO GO TO THE GAME......(PIRATES vS THE ORIOLES)HOW DID i NOT KNOW JOHN RUSSELL IS A COACH WITH THE ORIOLES.....i LIKED JR

Then the dream series happens, The Bo sox's come to town. First time ever! I'll be at all three game........

Our bats need to come to life, quickly.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #302
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
It feels like a Friday to me. Tomorrow is an afternoon baseball game, and I have the day off TO GO TO THE GAME......(PIRATES vS THE ORIOLES)HOW DID i NOT KNOW JOHN RUSSELL IS A COACH WITH THE ORIOLES.....i LIKED JR

Then the dream series happens, The Bo sox's come to town. First time ever! I'll be at all three game........

Way Kewl! Have a good time!

Ugh, the giants were pathetic against the twins last night! Poor Bumgarner was taken out in the 1st after the Twins got 8 runs!! Wasn't pretty.

I hope it is a different story tonight- but the Giants have lost 5 in a row, have key players out and look like the don't know which end of a bat to hold. My guys need to re-group! But I have been a Giants fan since I was 7 or 8 years old, so, I'm sticking with them! We have been through thick and thin.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #303
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It will be interesting to see how the Sox play the field without the DH and with Ortiz on a tear as of late. 9 games without a DH.

I have heard some weird configurations i.e. Ortiz at first, Gonzalez at third and Youkilis in the outfield. Lord help us on that one LOL.

And our pitching staff is dwindling due to injuries. The call ups have yielded some good stuff, some not so good. I'm expecting the management to be standing out on Yawkey Way saying to passersby, hey, you wanna pitch tonight? LOL.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #304
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Whew! The Giants took the 2nd game of the series against the twins! Looked like themselves out there again. But still not hitting all that great overall. Vogglesong was great- love his come back story.

But my favorite rookie, Brandon Crawford made 2 errors! And has not been hitting as well. I really want him to stay on the roster. Yes, a Bay Area boy!!

The Twins, however, have been very hot lately- so who knows about today.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #305
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

the Pirates have acquired catcher Mike McKenry from the Red Sox.
-----------------
McKenry has soft hands, lots of balls have been getting by him. Kevin Correia had his own catcher (chris snyder who had back surgery) so maybe it's just getting used to each other. Good game overall, Pirates had eight hits for 5 runs, holding off the Orioles who had ten hits, kept it close with 4 runs. Hanrahan got his 20th save!

Baseball is starting to catch on here (we have had a major league record of 18 straight loosing seasons) this year we are at least playing 500 ball. 34,000 showed up Tuesday night (ball park holds 38k) and a typical Tuesday gets 18 to 22k.....and a week day afternoon game gets around 12k (I've been there when 3,999 others and me were there) Yesterday 25,377. It's so much more fun with people in the stands!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #306
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
And our pitching staff is dwindling due to injuries. The call ups have yielded some good stuff, some not so good. I'm expecting the management to be standing out on Yawkey Way saying to passersby, hey, you wanna pitch tonight? LOL.
Now keep in mind, we were awful for so long, nothing should have surprised us. In a game where our starting pitcher got real far behind in the fifth, and the bull pen was very beat up, the back up catcher came in pitched the rest
of the game. Turns out, he often threw batting practice.....lol

Let the games begin!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #307
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=AtLastHome;363956] Vogglesong was great- love his come back story.

There's that name again!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #308
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Now keep in mind, we were awful for so long, nothing should have surprised us. In a game where our starting pitcher got real far behind in the fifth, and the bull pen was very beat up, the back up catcher came in pitched the rest
of the game. Turns out, he often threw batting practice.....lol

Let the games begin!

We went thru our share of horror years until the "Believe" season. Baseball is fun when folks catch the spirit and visibly support the team. And I think it helps the guys try a little harder too.

Who is Vogglesong and what did he comeback from? My next thing to google.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #309
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

the cubs managed to win 1 game in their 3 game series with crosstown rivals the white sox. playing the royals tomorrow night.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #310
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

We went thru our share of horror years until the "Believe" season. Baseball is fun when folks catch the spirit and visibly support the team. And I think it helps the guys try a little harder too.

Who is Vogglesong and what did he comeback from? My next thing to google.
Vogglesong is a starting pitcher for the Giants that has had ups and downs in MLB for about 10 years and was thought to be out as a starter. He has been throwing great stuff for the Giants- and a damn good hitter!!

Today we play the Indians. I'm just jazzed that the Giants got out of the losing streak they were in and Lincecum, too! His was brilliant yesterday against the twins after having lousy games since late May. He had 12 strike outs and almost had a shutout. Damn, if the twins didn't get a run after Lincecum was taken out after the 7th and over a hundred pitches. But they won.

I am really enjoying how these guys are keeping it together with all the injuries. I doubt they go any further than one series in the play-offs, but I think they will be in at least one play-off series. Not hitting with any consistency, though. Not even Sandovol after getting back from injury. Her is our only real power hitter. Funny, I don't miss the Bonds days-I really don't like the one star thing- it is a team sport! He was watching the game at AT&T yesterday and I almost feel like he ought not show his face at the park!

I love seeing all the sell out games- the Giants play has brought some needed business to SF merchants. And this month, the giants have been doing a lot of ads for Pride. Kinda kewl.

Gotta go look up info/stats on the Indians- don't know them well.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #311
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

The Redsox have reported Josh Beckett is still having lingering effects of the flu and will not play in this series
(could we have gotten any luckier?)

And Tim Wakefield???isn't he like 45 I had to look three times.....he pitched for us as a rookie and I'm not sure how much longer after that....So did Vogelsong.

The sky is threatning rain, and the weatherman is saying we may have a rain delay before the game starts. Paul Malholm on the mound for us (trade rumors flying about Paul) and whispers that Overbay may be out soon too We shall see.

OK, off to the ball park shortly! Is it interleague everyplace?

Old 06-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #312
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
The Redsox have reported Josh Beckett is still having lingering effects of the flu and will not play in this series
(could we have gotten any luckier?)

And Tim Wakefield???isn't he like 45 I had to look three times.....he pitched for us as a rookie and I'm not sure how much longer after that....So did Vogelsong.

The sky is threatning rain, and the weatherman is saying we may have a rain delay before the game starts. Paul Malholm on the mound for us (trade rumors flying about Paul) and whispers that Overbay may be out soon too We shall see.

OK, off to the ball park shortly! Is it interleague everyplace?
Beckett is still sick? Wakefield is somewhere past his early 40's LOL. He's good til the middle of July, then the age factor plays in and he throws his back out.

I'm telling ya, we are taking fans off the street and offering to let them pitch LOL.

Seems like almost everyone is doing interleague play. Is messing up my fantasy team stuff.

I hope for a good series even without pitching and a dh. Cant wait to see this line up for tonight.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 AM   #313
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Smile Karsten vs. Wakefield tonight

I was hoping I'd get to see Mr. Knuckleball......I hope we can hit that. Somehow we managed 8 hits off of Lester...most were on the ground. And having said that, Malholm gave up 9 fly balls, all that went pretty deep.
(yes, I'm nerdy like that, I keep a score card).....A win is a win and I'm glad we got ONE off the sox.

I thought the best moment of the game, was first time at bat in the majors, Chase d'Amaud, hit a triple. The moment every youngster plays out in their head. The crowd gave him something to remember. Speaking of crowd. Lots of Bo-Sox
fans around.

The rain has moved away. Kobi did you watch the game?

Old 06-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #314
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
I was hoping I'd get to see Mr. Knuckleball......I hope we can hit that. Somehow we managed 8 hits off of Lester...most were on the ground. And having said that, Malholm gave up 9 fly balls, all that went pretty deep.
(yes, I'm nerdy like that, I keep a score card).....A win is a win and I'm glad we got ONE off the sox.

I thought the best moment of the game, was first time at bat in the majors, Chase d'Amaud, hit a triple. The moment every youngster plays out in their head. The crowd gave him something to remember. Speaking of crowd. Lots of Bo-Sox
fans around.

The rain has moved away. Kobi did you watch the game?

I didnt get to see the game. But it sounds like it was well played. And no weird BoSox lineup LOL. That was a nice surprise.

Lester, normally, has a slow and troubled start to the season. He started well this year but has run into all kinds of problem in June. This sounds like one of his better outings tho.

I hope to catch the game today. Love watching Wakefield pitch.

Congrats on your victory!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #315
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

my cubs lost to the royals today 2-3. it was tied at 2 until the bottom of the 8th inning. disappointing. taking on the royals again tomorrow.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #316
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Justin Verlander of my beloved Detroit Tigers had 14 strikeouts tonight - a career high. Best pitcher in the AL, in my opinion.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #317
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Justin Verlander of my beloved Detroit Tigers had 14 strikeouts tonight - a career high. Best pitcher in the AL, in my opinion.

WHOA!...I love the battery of a game. A no no, or a one nothing game is better than a banna split.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #318
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Maybe people will take us serious now. Pirates win the series tonight over the Bo-S0X....looking for a sweep tomorrow. Thought I might say Boston has a payroll 161 million vs 41 million in Pgh. enough said. Great game. I'm so wound up....I hope alarm kat lets me sleep a little tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 AM   #319
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Oh, yes that is a good stat! Don't you love it when a great pitcher has an outstanding game with all of their "stuff" working for them!

The giants took the Indians again today, 1-0- and it was an exciting game with the Beard closing in on his 26th save of the season. It sure is a hell of a good thing SF has the bullpen it does as our hitting sucks! Without Andres Torres being on this past week (both defensively & offensively), we would not have taken 5 in a row.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #320
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Maybe people will take us serious now. Pirates win the series tonight over the Bo-S0X....looking for a sweep tomorrow. Thought I might say Boston has a payroll 161 million vs 41 million in Pgh. enough said. Great game. I'm so wound up....I hope alarm kat lets me sleep a little tomorrow.

LOL. I can understand your excitement at the prospects of sweeping an interleague series. It would the first in a decade the news says. If the BoSox are swept in interleague play, it will be the first time since 2002.

My guys have lost 4 straight. They have dropped to second place in the division. And after this we head to Phillie? Oy.

Time for the rally caps or something.