Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #41
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post

Any time butch and trans are put together we are automatically seen as he/male and referred to or compared to that.
This bears repeating.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

When in doubt, ask.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #43
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixKnight4All View Post
Dapper
I agree with you completely. My post is actually out of order and not is response to the current topic. Sometimes I truly do take to long to write my posts *laughs*.
Mine was in response to posts I now know I should have quoted. Again my mistake. I was just offering clues that may help here and else where not this thread.

To be clear when I see hy I do not assume male and I do not assume not male. What I do assume is I should use it with that person until I know them or I ask.
In most threads it is just simpler not to use pronouns period accept foe me and I.
But as always thank you for your response you always make me think.
No need to apologize, I was just presenting my opinion/information about myself.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #44
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Well, so much to read & I have so much to say but in my stupid smart phone, my typing gets tedious. Please bear with me. I have learned so much, & continue to learn from this site. I've lived a stealth life since my late teens as a TransSEXUAL. The term "trans", when I was younger only meant transsexual. The "born in the wrong body" thing. Now I understand it to encompass many more chosen ID's. I think this is where some confusion comes from. Bottom line, for me, is it's all about respect. I personally have problems with pronouns, but they only happen on sites like this, & once I've corrected or informed someone, it's been fine. As someone mentioned earlier, when in doubt, ask. And your profile does give the opportunity to let people know your personal wishes.
Hope I came off ok. Lol
Just my .02
Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #45
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

From my perspective I agree with Toughy and Bulldog.

I am a pre op trans man and continually get lumped into a butch category of some kind by femmes, my transgender community (men and women alike), gay men, and other people that tend to be gender binary guardians.

In all my years of knowing that I am a man born to a female body did I ever encounter this till the late 90's online. I have watched this particular behavior carry over into the world we all walk in together socially. When I have this experience, it has been for many different reasons all particular to each offender and something I can never get the full understanding of because I am not them. Sometimes I correct people and sometimes I don't. It all just depends what space i am in and why I think they are doing it and sometimes continue to do it. Understand, I am talking about people that pretty much know me and know that I am a man born to a female body.

Transgender has no hierarchy regardless of body modification or not, regardless of T or not, for me being born in the wrong body starts in the mind and ends in the mind. The physical transition is a plus and a privilege for some, or not, and others it will never be an option and can be a burden, or not.

For me, feminine and masculine are the continuum, and genders are the constant in a giant universe of fluidity, because presentations vary sooooo much, and then sometimes they don't, creating norms and stereotypes.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #46
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Thank you for your fierceness. The protective nature that you have for me, that quality that makes you want to stand up for me even when you know I'm more than capable to stand up for myself.

Thank you for showing me love in a discreet and (not so discreet-not pda) way sometimes, in front of my family and friends. The kindness and courtesy you give me that moves even straight couples to reassess their own behaviors....

Thank you for making me the Queen of our world/life/relationship and understanding your own place as our King.

Thank you for committing to us, to our life and to our loved ones. Being you is the only way I can love you, and thank you for receiving my love in it's entirety.

Thank you for letting me be me with you, the girl, the mama, the wifey the kitten, the tigress, the lamb, the big baby. Thank you for being my bf, man, husband, daddy, mister, sir, friend, lover, (big baby) among others and for understanding that masculine terms are natural to me for you, and I revel in being able to use them. That means more to me than you know.

Thank you for appreciating me in all my many facets. For making me feel good about being a girl/woman who loves her bf/TG/FtM/Transman.

Thank you for"getting" it.
Wow. That was beautiful. Thank YOU for all that. You're going to make some lucky guy very happy. ;-)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #47
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Wow. That was beautiful. Thank YOU for all that. You're going to make some lucky guy very happy. ;-)
Yes she is. I hope to find a woman who thinks of me that way some day.
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GraffitiBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #48
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Thank you....

Tonight I want to take the time to say thank you and to acknowledge how much I appreciate one of my trans brothers. So I say thank you Paphgleo for taking this guy to his first trans meeting ever and making me feel more comfortable than I thought I could be.

I was pretty much a complete stranger to you yet you were willing to be there for one of your brothers and I thank you for that. I swear I do not normally talk as much as I did tonight.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #49
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Cool

Quote:
Who knew that I'd be that VERY lucky guy? Life is good.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #50
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Who knew that I'd be that VERY lucky guy? Life is good.
No shit? That's awesome!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #51
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
No shit? That's awesome!
Yea, it really is. Very awesome. ;-)
Old 05-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #52
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yea, it really is. Very awesome. ;-)

Unless you're me, you have no idea how awesome my sweet loving man truly is...
He's better than chocolate! Lol

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #53
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Unless you're me, you have no idea how awesome my sweet loving man truly is...
He's better than chocolate! Lol
Wow. Better than chocolate? Damn, I hit the jackpot.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #54
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wow. Better than chocolate? Damn, I hit the jackpot.
Hey! That's how I feel--so happy!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #55
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:

LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I want to take a moment to show some Trans appreciation for Nadeest. She is always there to answer a question and to show support. Whether it is for one of us old timers like myself or any new comer. She is both knowledgeable, gentle, and true.....a real lady. I for one appreciate all she does on this site and has done for this guy.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #56
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

You are very welcome, and thank you for the lovely compliments. However, as to my being 'gentle', you might! want to ask my younger brothers about that. I'm fairly certain that they have a vastly different opinion, on that subject. :P
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #57
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
You are very welcome, and thank you for the lovely compliments. However, as to my being 'gentle', you might! want to ask my younger brothers about that. I'm fairly certain that they have a vastly different opinion, on that subject. :P
That's okay my younger brother has the same opinion of me...smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post: