Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default TRUE BELIEVERS - Religious beliefs, verses, poems and prayers...

First of all, I'd like to let everyone know that this is a safe place for us guys to post our thoughts and feelings about our religious beliefs, verses, poems and prayers. We want this to be a positive space. Everyone is welcome to join in the discussion or to post. However, there is no room for any negative remarks toward any of the thoughts or posts. Let's keep this positive and uplifting!

February 26

I AM LEADING YOU, STEP BY STEP, through your life. Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy - even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things. When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you.
Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me. I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that. Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go.

DEUTERONOMY 29:29; PSALM 32:8
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

I am thankful - grateful for this thread. I think it important for men of faith - to be strong in our faith - to express support and strength for like minded (brothers) for ourselves - and for those we love and care about.

For me - my strength comes from Him and I pray that I grow in His love and guidance everyday ... I'm not perfect by any stretch - but I strive to be a better man for myself - and for those I care about - (and) for me - that means - a strong faith and belief in God.

I've so much to be thankful and grateful for in my life ... and I thank Him daily for those blessings...and try to always remember all good things come from Him - and it is only through Him that I am made strong in all things and in all ways.

My blessings and prayers for each of you ... I look forward to this space to share and to grow and share with others.

Last edited by justanolecowboy; 02-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.
justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation
Default 1 Corinthians 13 - Message Bible

The Way of Love

13 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

2 If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.

3-7 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
8-10 Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11 When I was an infant at my mother’s breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12 We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Courage

Don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and I will help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you. I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you "Don't be afraid, I will help you."

Isaiah 41:10, 13

Many times God has held me up when I thought I couldn't stand. He has made me strong when I was at my weakest. He has instilled faith and trust in me for Him, when I was afraid. He's never let me down, when I have faith in Him

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.They will soar high on wings like eagles.They will run and not grow weary.They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

A little boy wanted to meet God.

He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with cookies and six cans of lemonade and he started his journey. When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman.

She was sitting in the park just staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his lemonade when he noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered her a cookie.

She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a lemonade. Again, she smiled at him.

The boy was delighted! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a word. As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave, but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to the old woman, and gave her a hug.

She gave him her biggest smile ever.

When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him “What did you do today that made you so happy?”

He replied, “I had lunch with God.” But before his mother could respond, he added, “You know what? She’s got the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen!”

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home.

Her son was stunned by the look of peace on her face and he asked, “Mother, what did you do today that made you so happy?” She replied, “I ate cookies in the park with God.”

However, before her son responded, she added, “You know, he’s much younger than I expected.”

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Daktari

As a Christian I take great comfort from all of the New Testament. I believe that God sent his Son to save us because we didn't do so good sticking to the rules (Old Testament).

I barely pay any attention to the 'rules' and stories of the Old Testament.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default TRUE BELIEVERS - Religious beliefs, verses, poems and prayers...

February 27

KEEP YOUR EYES ON ME! Waves of adversity are washing over you, and you feel tempted to give up. As your circumstances consume more and more of your attention, you are losing sight of Me. Yet I am with you always, holding you by your right hand. I am fully aware of your situation, and I will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear.

Your gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow. If you try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat. You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today. It is in the present moment that I walk close to you, helping you carry your burdens. Keep your focus on My Presence in the present.

PSALM 73:23; 1 CORINTHIANS 10:13
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you for this thread!

I don't have anything to add at this point, but I love this thread!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

___________CHOOSE to view life through God's eyes. This will not be easy because it doesn't come naturally to us. We cannot do this on our own. We have to allow God to elevate our vantage point. Start by reading His Word, the Bible...Pray and ask God to transform your thinking. Let Him do what you cannot. Ask Him to give you an eternal, divine perspective.

__________blessings and prayers for all this night....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Hope someone can enjoy this...reminds me of this thread.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Default I can only imagine...

Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post

i have always loved this song - thanks for posting. Blessings this night.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
This moves my soul. Many of my hospice patients ask to hear this piece when they are aware of moving near the end of life. Peace be with you.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #15
OldSchoolButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Daddy

OldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank You Bro

We so needed this thread Kent....Beyond words. A heart felt thank you my friend.

God Bless OSB
OldSchoolButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OldSchoolButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hope

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord......this verse stirs up a controversy among Christians sometimes.

I ask those of you participating in this thread, are we predestined? Do you believe in predestination? Is our destination changed as we stroll threw life making decisions? When we make decisions on our own and they turn out badly does our destination change from the path God has prepared for us? Or is that part of the path God has prepared for us? Are we predestined to make bad decisions/choice?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #17
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thumbs up

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord......this verse stirs up a controversy among Christians sometimes.

I ask those of you participating in this thread, are we predestined? Do you believe in predestination? Is our destination changed as we stroll threw life making decisions? When we make decisions on our own and they turn out badly does our destination change from the path God has prepared for us? Or is that part of the path God has prepared for us? Are we predestined to make bad decisions/choice?

I believe we are predestined as God being omniscient knew before we were born what our destiny would be. However, I don't believe it is without human will and action involved. It's a like a movie already watched by God....He knows what will be already....for us, it is in the moment living, making decisions and acting on them. I think God has a path for us, but not everyone takes that path. Is this what you were asking?

Thanks for this thread, kent!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation

Meri, that is an excellent question! I tend to believe we have free will and choose our own roads to travel in this journey of life. There are times doors just seem to open, pointing in a positve direction, I count that as a blessing amongst all good things that come my way*S
Ty Kent&S
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Help...

I need your prayers now.. I just found out today about 5:30 p.m. that my Mom died on the 17th of this month. I feel so raw. I cannot describe to you how I feel. We have not spoken to each other in 4 years and to find this out today via google was well, it was beyond what words can convey. Please include me and my family in your prayers. Thank you all.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I need your prayers now.. I just found out today about 5:30 p.m. that my Mom died on the 17th of this month. I feel so raw. I cannot describe to you how I feel. We have not spoken to each other in 4 years and to find this out today via google was well, it was beyond what words can convey. Please include me and my family in your prayers. Thank you all.
Kent,

You are in my thoughts, my condolences to you.