Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

In 2010, I will:

Mind
  • Formulate, put into process and maintain healthier boundaries with emotional vampires, problem causers and other toxic people.
  • Delve more into the process behind my emotional eating and take more steps towards fully coming to terms with it.
  • Rediscovery my love of reading. My old neurons need to be refired regularly.

Body
  • I've done much better in 2009 than in previous years in making gains toward complete physical health. It is my goal to continue this journey and make even more strides towards a healthier, happier body.
  • I won't deprive myself, as that leads to further self-sabotage, but I will monitor my intake of less than desirable foods and beverages more carefully.
  • My consumption of water has GREATLY improved and I will continue my progress with this.
  • I will strive harder to make sure I am receiving the nutrients I need and take a multi-vitamin daily.

Spirit
  • I will continue to eliminate unnecessary objects and belongings from my home and personal space.
  • Thanks to my housemates, we are an environmentally conscious household, and I hope to push that envelop even further. There's always more we can (or cannot, if that's the case) do to help Mother Earth.
  • I shall find ways to regularly tap into my creative vein and explore what is inside of me via journaling, arts and craft projects, penpalling, and adding artistic flair and touches where ever I can.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post

Love this thread, Medusa

Continue to lose weight, I'm down about 50lbs from where I started, with about 65 more to go.

Exercise. I'll be starting some training on pilates very soon. I would have started this week, but the trainer didn't get back to me, and well it's probably not the best week of the year to try and contact anyone. I've joined a nice local gym again and intend to use it regularly. They also have an outdoor pool which I prefer.

Eat more organic foods. I've found that organic does make my Fibro better (or less bad) and it makes me feel better overall.

De-clutter my life. My gosh where did all of this stuff come from???? Having a little spot in an antique store has created a monster in that I collect all kinds of things now. I really need to clean this up. Either put it in the store, use it, or get rid of it!

Continue to keep drama out of my life. For me drama creates stress. Stress creates anxiety. Anxiety creates a cranky TD. I'm so over this kind of thing in my life. I ejected drama for the most part about 2 years ago. However, I admit that it's a continual battle.

I'd like to try living more frugally. I feel that I spend and waste in excess. There's so much food that I waste and can cut back on, or grow myself, etc. Less utilities, less gas, more of those great efficient light bulbs, more recycling, etc.

I'm sure there's more, but why plan more than I can actually accomplish anyway

This is me. I started losing weight last year and making changes but I found my emotions always throwing me into a tail spin. I'll have a few great months and then BAM, I lose my motivation and desire. Desire, I have learn is the key fuel to create almost any change. Desire is often stifled by depression, loneliness and old past shit we never completely healed.

I started doing Debbie Ford's "21 Day Conscious Cleansing " and it's shed some light on some things I know I must hurdle or all of my attempts, as in the past will be useless.

In season I try to grow most of my food. I will buy organic first depending on quality and availability. When you grow beautiful organic food its really hard to pay 1.50 for a fucked up looking cuke that was probably picked too soon and sat there too long.

I've been slowly getting rid of shit I've carried around for years. It's been hard because I get attached to things and this is a process I am learning. I don't need this big house and all this land. I really want to down size and live more simple and frugal as well. I learned that my attachment to money and the importance I place on it is just unhealthy. Living more simple and to continue to live more independently- growing my food, preserving, etc. gives me true freedom. Money really can't give that to me but what it can give me is stress.

I have the same problem with food. I'm sure something from my past. I hate the waste. I've been more conscious and prepare things I know I can make a few meals or worse case it's healthy enough to mix in with dog food or one of my other animals can eat.

I share shopping with my sister. she goes one week i go the next and when my son goes to work or run an errand I have him pick me up things. I've saved at least 40.00 a month in gas, maybe more just by doing things different.

TD do you juice or smoothies? This makes a huge difference for me. If I get lots of fruits and veggies into my system I have less cravings. Increasing this will also help MANY illnesses- the list is way way long but Fibro is on it.

I haven't dated at all. 2009 was exciting and yet filled with intense heartbreak. I spent quite a few years healing from a bad break up and 2009 was the year I thought I could fall in love. I did and got my heartbroken and although I'm not the same person i was in round one, I'm smarter, it still hurt and made me withdraw. This year I am working on myself and opening myself up more to the idea. I'm not looking but I'm praying and opening my heart, for the first time in a long time to find a partner, lover and friend. Someone that is also ready to slow down, enjoy life, grow a garden, walk in the woods, hold hands and sit on the front porch. I have a feeling this person will enter my life this year or maybe my desire is setting in. lol

I have so many animals and decided to adopt out a few dogs I had rescued and planned on adopting but kept one too long. I finally adopted him to a wonderful family but I'm having a really hard time with this. More so then normal. I've rescued and adopted out dozens of animals but this really affected me. I have more to go, to make my life easier but I'm a little freaked by this.

I'm looking for the right roommate that love farm living to share the house and garden. I'd like to spend some serious time in Costa Rica by the ocean. If I get the right roommate I can afford to do this and hopefully she/hy can start living their best life too.

It's going to be quite a year but its off to a great start. I'm simply opening myself up to receive and trust in God to bring me the peace and balance I long for.

I would love to have a pool. I love water and swimming. This is the hardest thing for me in winter and living in a house without a pool.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #23
canmarielan

How Do You Identify?:
Loud mouth, big hair, spunky Texas Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a SHE!!!!
Relationship Status:
PKCL0204

Thanked 1,134 Times in 326 Posts
canmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputationcanmarielan Has the BEST Reputation

Ms. Dusa,

Thanks for this thread....I've just now gotten around to checkin out the site fully and found this.

I think it's obvious by my recent activity here what one of my goals for this year is. I'll list that one and the rest:

I will be under the 300 lb mark by New Year's Eve. I need more energy. I'm 25, it's time to do what's right to make my life healthier and happier.

I will focus more on my spirituality. Currently label myself as agnostic. I want to delve further and decide what exactly I believe, and what I can do to use that to improve my life.

I will be more active in acquiring knowledge about relevant political issues, instead of just allowing other's opinions to sway my own.

I will work harder to maintain my friendships nation-wide, remembering that my friends have carried me through the roughest points in my life.
canmarielan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canmarielan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #24
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I love all this. One of my biggest problems this past year was the fact that I teach online and have become even more attached to my computer (as I told my boss, my chair is being welded to mah butt!). Sedentary lifestyle is a challenge for me and it is something that has to change. To that end...

** I'm with y'all about chucking sugar out the door. Explicitly in my sight is HFCS (high fructose corn sugar). This hidden gem is in nearly everything and I have suspicions has a far more addictive quality than regular sugar.

** get rid of my dependence on soda (even diet soda). A few years ago I managed to kick it and lost 5 lbs -- and this was **DIET** soda I had stopped drinking.

** more water. Because of T, it's even more important than before and being sedentary doesn't help either. For those who have iTouch/iPhones, there is an app called "Water". This helps keep track of how much water you drink in a day and how much you need by body weight. It's been an eye-opener for me.

** remove any and all processed foods from my diet. If it's not from a tree or the ground, then it ain't going in me. This means removing flour, sugar, etc.

** more exercise. I've started this (although this week was a bit of a washout because of the early start and long end of day). Thankfully, I don't teach this particular class that often. To this end I have a few things to help:

1. Iron Gym (hangs in the door -- every time I enter or exit I do or try to do 10 pull-ups)
  2. Blue Rubber Fitness Band (use this for curls, flyes, raises, etc and I can do it when my colleague is teaching)
  3. Yoga iTouch App (10 min x 3 times a week)
  4. Kettle Ball exercises (30 min x 3 times a week)
  5. Do the X number of exercises 3 times a week (as part of Kettle Ball workout)
  • 100 pushups app (3 times a week to try to eventually be able to do 100 pushups)
  • 200 situps app (as above)
  • 200 squats app (as above)
** go through my books, sell what I can or give it away. Keep only what I truly need.

** go through clothes, sell, give away or toss.

** go through old documents and such and toss anything over 7 years (age that most tax Ministries or Departments require you to keep stuff)

** sell Dell system (after February) as it's not needed. Return Dell laptop to corporation (not used/needed)

** enter at least 3 blog entries into my personal blog a week and 2 a week in the cigar blog (yes, I won't give that up since it's limited to 1-2 a week)

** do a weekly ToDo that includes many of the above to help me keep track

I think this is a good start for now. I may add more but for now this will do. Go Team BFP!

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #25
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Hey all! I am loving everyone's "Get Healthy" lists!

I was about to post that I have sucked lately at cutting back on the sodas but when I really think about it, I have done better than Im giving myself credit for. For instance, yesterday I had half a can of coke in the morning and half a can last night. That was IT all day long. I had some sparkling apple cider with Jack when I got home from work and my nightly cup of hot tea.

I am definitely not drinking enough water so cutting back on the Cokes needs to equal more water for me.

Today, I drank half a Coke before leaving for work and am now swilling away on a Diet Mountain Dew. These are wonderful but chock full of caffeine so I wont have any more soda today once Im done with it.

Water Water! I need more water! I am going to take the suggestion about the iPhone app from Linus and try to track my water

Best of luck to all of us. Little changes along the way can mean BIG results later.

XO
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #26
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Am I the only one here who KNOWS I need to do this stuff ..but am totally feeling whiney, and annoyed at giving up my beautiful smokes, cake, and soda??

*whine*
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #27
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
Am I the only one here who KNOWS I need to do this stuff ..but am totally feeling whiney, and annoyed at giving up my beautiful smokes, cake, and soda??

*whine*
Nope. Im having a totally grouchy day because I ate a turkey wrap for lunch and didnt have chips or anything sweet with it. I want my fuggin' SUGAR.

And Im totally annoyed that there is a biggo gallon of Rocky Road in the freezer that I will want to kill when I get home because my hormones are in overdrive.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #28
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I almost cried like a baby when putting cupcakes down the garbage disposal after a friend's birthday party at my house. Threw away the cookies, peanut brittle, and have no sweets at ALL in the house.

The one thing I refuse to give up is the occasional beer with my friends. Like tonight, I know I will be awful and have a couple, but I will be with Cheech....how can I NOT drink beer while shooting the shit with him? It might be awkward.

Granted, I am pretty damn good right now, and know that I need to work harder to work off the beers that I might drink once a week. I have no problem with the sweets...I can't have them after 7 pm or I don't sleep...

Whining is okay, just remember, you will feel great in the end for doing what you had to do that caused the whining!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #29
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Hey all! I am loving everyone's "Get Healthy" lists!

I was about to post that I have sucked lately at cutting back on the sodas but when I really think about it, I have done better than Im giving myself credit for. For instance, yesterday I had half a can of coke in the morning and half a can last night. That was IT all day long. I had some sparkling apple cider with Jack when I got home from work and my nightly cup of hot tea.

I am definitely not drinking enough water so cutting back on the Cokes needs to equal more water for me.

Today, I drank half a Coke before leaving for work and am now swilling away on a Diet Mountain Dew. These are wonderful but chock full of caffeine so I wont have any more soda today once Im done with it.

Water Water! I need more water! I am going to take the suggestion about the iPhone app from Linus and try to track my water

Best of luck to all of us. Little changes along the way can mean BIG results later.

XO
I was a TOTAL soda addict since my teens (I even kept a couple of 2-liter bottles of diet Pepsi in my room). And although I don't really drink soda anymore....I had a hard time with the whole water thing. I'll drink water if nothing else is around...but it was never my first choice

AND THEN!! Just when I had given up hope that I would EVER get my daily water requirements in....I discovered Totally Light Tea2Go in those handy little water bottle sized packets. It is WONDERFUL!! I get the sugar free green tea with honey and I love it! 0 calories, 0g of carbs, sugar, fat, sodium, etc...AND 100% vitamin C. It also doesn't contain aspartame (which also makes me happy).

I am now a water drinker! I can have my iced tea indulgence and get my daily water in (I've even started drinking "plain" water between the tea..gasp!).

Hope this has been helpful

Ooops had to come back and edit....I was so busy waxing rhapsodic about my tea that I forgot my list!! lol

My goals for 2010:

Lose the extra pounds - I don't care how I look and I like me...but I am starting the feel the extra weight as I am getting older, and I don't like how it feels

Get rid of the clutter - for example..the magazines that I keep for the ONE recipe in them that I keep telling myself I will someday make...but which have been sitting on the bookcase for, oh, about two years now.

Deleting the negative - its time to get rid of the negative influences in my life...family, friends, acquaintances, exes....whoever brings negativity and useless drama into my life. Sounds harsh, but at this point its just a matter of emotional and mental survival.

Green up - start recycling more, choosing better products and companies which actually support the environment, making the house more energy efficient, etc...

Think that's it for now

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Nope. Im having a totally grouchy day because I ate a turkey wrap for lunch and didnt have chips or anything sweet with it. I want my fuggin' SUGAR.

And Im totally annoyed that there is a biggo gallon of Rocky Road in the freezer that I will want to kill when I get home because my hormones are in overdrive.
Thank you!!

I've delayed starting the diet, and quiting smoking thing becouse I've felt so..mad about it. Not mad that I'm fat..not mad that I smoke. I've felt mad that I NEED to do this stuff..and I dont WANT TO!

I've decided not to start until I really feel like I WANT to..otherwise? It will never work, and in turn I"m going to feel like a total failure.

I want to WANT this..I really do. I just dont right now.

xoxo
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #31
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default This post is brought to you by the letter 'w' for water

For those who want/need more water, there ARE options other than the sedimentary kind of stuff we remember from childhood. Now, we have filters for the faucet and fridge (Brita) as well as bottled water (although keeping landfills and recycling in mind, that's not the 'best' option) and flavored packs of yummy goodness!!! Oh, yes, oh, yes!

I love the generics just as much as Crystal Light too. There are Kool Aid packets as well as punch flavored, grape, white grape (my personal fave!), juice combinations, ginseng infused packets, white/green tea packets, and a plethora of other flavors. I highly recommend this. They come in sugar free too for those concerned with sugar levels and are typically 0-10 calories per 16 ounces. A note to remember if you'll be using them at work and like and/or are required to be 'professional' in appearance....reds and purples STAIN...fingers, tongues, lips, etc. That is all.

Also, you may be getting more water than you think you are. Keep in mind water comes from our food too. So, if you only drank 8 ounces of water but also had juice and a bunch of grapes and some ripe oranges or....you get the picture. Water is in nearly everything we eat. I like the idea of the app Linus was talking about, though I don't have the phone.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #32
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I water, thank Goodness. Every once in awhile, I attempt to drink some of those sugar-free water flavorings, but more often than not, they mess with my stomach and give me wicked cramping.

Do any of you track your food/calories on www.thedailyplate.com? It's pretty cool and I find it so much easier to keep track of every teensy little calorie. I need to get back to eating better and exercising more. Every day I try to do a little better. Like PapaC says: Three steps forward and a few steps back.

Cheers!

cara
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #33
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I water, thank Goodness. Every once in awhile, I attempt to drink some of those sugar-free water flavorings, but more often than not, they mess with my stomach and give me wicked cramping.

Do any of you track your food/calories on www.thedailyplate.com? It's pretty cool and I find it so much easier to keep track of every teensy little calorie. I need to get back to eating better and exercising more. Every day I try to do a little better. Like PapaC says: Three steps forward and a few steps back.

Cheers!

cara
I've actually used it before and even have the app for it. I think I'd need to get back into that habit again to track everything so I can see when I do good and when I need to redouble my efforts. Changing a bad habit into a better lifestyle does take a bit of work.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #34
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

Cheers!

cara
I went. I liked. I signed up. I knew it was going to be icky for today, but...other than the sugar and carbs being out of control (which I expected)....the rest was actually GOOD. I'm kinda, sorta proud of myself today!

For the sake of transparency, since my profile there is private, my fat came in at 49% of the rda, protein was 114%ish (I can't remember exactly), fiber was 97%, cholesterol was 82%, calories was about 119% rda, and I'm missing one. I just can't remember what else it monitors. My brain hasn't clocked in for the whole day today. *rueful smile*

The things I have to work on the most aren't a big surprise for me. My carbs were 160%-something of my rda and the sugar came in at 461%. Nope, that's not a typo and no....I'm not diabetic. But yes, it does run in my family. It was my last few servings of Circus Peanuts that did it. I just could NOT throw them away. So, I finished them off and will do better tomorrow and the next day and the next....

I did workout today, however, so that's over 500 calories DESTROYED!

*maniacal laugh*

We take the good wherever we can find it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #35
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Nice job, Gemme! One other thing I like about dailyplate is that you can add in your fitness, no matter how small, and it will take those calories from your daily total. It takes all the guess work out of it.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #36
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Nice job, Gemme! One other thing I like about dailyplate is that you can add in your fitness, no matter how small, and it will take those calories from your daily total. It takes all the guess work out of it.
I definitely like it being easier than I am.

Hey...serious question! Does sex count? I forgot to look and this is my last entry for the evening. Hmmm......

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #37
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today is my first day to go caffeine free.

We'll see how THAT goes!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #38
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I definitely like it being easier than I am.

Hey...serious question! Does sex count? I forgot to look and this is my last entry for the evening. Hmmm......
Yes. Both the act leading to it (foreplay) and the actual act (intercourse) do burn calories. For an idea as to how much see here: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #39
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Cheers!

cara

Thanks for this link cara. I just signed up and I love it. I took the "eat more fruits and veggies" dare.

I quit eating all meat except for fish in December and I hope to remove fish from my diet in the coming months. I’ve flirted with vegetarianism off and on for years, but 2010 is the year it becomes a permanent lifestyle for me! I’ve been trying to do it right this time and not just live off of bread, potatoes and sweets. So, I’m learning to use fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Even though it’s been only a few weeks, I can see a difference in my energy level and my skin. I love it!

Eating this way definitely takes a lot more time and preparation. To make sure I don’t have a lot of produce going bad, I’m making trips to the store several times a week now. And I have to actually prepare a meal instead of just picking up fast food on my way home from a long day. The pull of “quick and easy” is the hardest urge for me to fight at the moment.

I like the “You Are What You Eat” books by Gillian McKeith. You can also see the show by the same name on BBC America.

I need to get back to the gym; it’s been too long. It seemed like I was always too tired after work before. But, hopefully, this increased energy will help me get back on track! It’s great to have a group to support the positive changes we are all making.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #40
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Yes. Both the act leading to it (foreplay) and the actual act (intercourse) do burn calories. For an idea as to how much see here: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I know that it all burns calories. Just sitting, breathing does that. I was actually referring to the site Cara mentioned and whether sex is listed as one of the fitness options. I'm sorry; I should have been more clear.

Edited to note: I checked and sex comes in many forms at thedailyplate.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 01-15-2010 at 06:31 PM.