Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #21
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Just get the french press. It's much easier and the coffee will taste better.

I swear by the REI camp pads. We've got two of the self inflating kind that we use for under the sleeping bags in the back of the van. Something between your sleeping bag and the ground is good to have. As for tents, check out Walmart and Target. If this isn't something you're going to be doing every other weekend for the rest of the summer, go cheap. They have small, one and two person tents that will give you a dry and bug free place to sleep.

Trying to think of the important things you really don't want to forget -

Lighting is important - flashight, headlamp, lantern. extra batteries, just in case.

Something to light the fire - it's an easy thing to forget so don't!

Cup - having the coffee is good, having something to drink it out of is even better.

Cutlery - If nothing else, just a basic knife, fork, spoon. Not a butter knife, make sure it can actually cut stuff.

Something to cook in - depending on what kind of food you take this could be as simple as a pot to boil water or much more involved. A pot and a cast iron skillet are both good to have. A hot pad or two can be helpful, also.

Again, depending on type of food - a can opener.

Speaking of food - I'm a big fan of easy. My dad was a campfire chef but I'm lazy. I usually do sandwiches, hot dogs, canned things. That being said, there's about nothing better then eggs and bacon over a campfire. Smores, of course. Depending on where you're going to be, make sure your food can be secured and you have enough ice to keep it cold. Don't forget water.

And a camera. Because, when it's all said and done, we want pics!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #22
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

A weather radio, crank or battery, trust me you're gonna need it. Water proof matches are a must.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #23
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

There are tons of good tents that are cheap, but two tips. One, put the tent up in your house or backyard before you go camping and apply a good seam sealer. The stuff I used was a roll on type. I think I had to apply a few coats but it goes on fast and easy. Second, buy a rain tarp - or make sure the tent you're buying comes with one. This provides you with an extra barrier between your tent and the rain. You'll be happy you bought one if it does rain.

I would buy a good lantern and have extra batteries. It's been a long time since I last went camping but I used to go fairly often and I'm trying to remember things that were important to me.

If you're backpacking then it's different than car camping because everything you buy is about weight. For instance, if you're backpacking it, taking a cast iron skillet - unless a very small one - will get heavy. Food gets heavy. Water gets heavy. Are you going for one night, two or three? Is water accessible? Is it potable or is it stream water?

I'd find out exactly what you're doing, then plan from there.

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
There are tons of good tents that are cheap, but two tips. One, put the tent up in your house or backyard before you go camping and apply a good seam sealer. The stuff I used was a roll on type. I think I had to apply a few coats but it goes on fast and easy. Second, buy a rain tarp - or make sure the tent you're buying comes with one. This provides you with an extra barrier between your tent and the rain. You'll be happy you bought one if it does rain.

I would buy a good lantern and have extra batteries. It's been a long time since I last went camping but I used to go fairly often and I'm trying to remember things that were important to me.

If you're backpacking then it's different than car camping because everything you buy is about weight. For instance, if you're backpacking it, taking a cast iron skillet - unless a very small one - will get heavy. Food gets heavy. Water gets heavy. Are you going for one night, two or three? Is water accessible? Is it potable or is it stream water?

I'd find out exactly what you're doing, then plan from there.

~~~shark~~~~~~~
Yeah, I have to agree with shark, Rook...find out exactly what's going on.

I mean, if you're just going for a few days, you can get away with a tarp and some clothesline. Why spend all that money on a good tent you're just going to use once.

Also, is this equipment you're going to be using more than once? I mean, are you just going camping this one time out of spite, or do you actually plan to go again sometime? Because there's just no sense in spending a lot of money on quality gear if you're not going to use it (or sell it to me for really cheap after you've used it once).

Another option for a tent/sleeping is a hammock...click here. It's your shelter and bed in one E-Z to carry and lightweight deal.

But again, why spend the money if you're just going this one time?

And like shark said, I'd also find out exactly what's going on, because lightweight stuff is going to cost you a fortune. And you really don't want to be stuck carrying a huge ass Coleman stove if you're going backpacking (where you'll want something like a Whisperlite). The price difference in just these two stoves is pretty big.

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 10:16 PM   #25
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

a Lesbian couple i have known for years now in western NY......
runs a gay friendly camp ground......... sits on 100 acres...
maybe a great place to have a gathering.....

Arkwright Hills campground
ran by .... Dayna Schultz

2942 Route 83
Fredonia, New York 14063
716 679 7532

hpycampr@netsync.net

here's a link to a lil write up about them......
http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/108067.html

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #26
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Well I love the outdoors, but I don't believe in suffering for my love. So I camp in my van, with a blow up bed and down pillows, a down blanket, cooler, radio, heater. Yeah you get the picture..... and good food, no trail crap. I can see the little animals just fine, there's windows!

Pashi
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #27
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

If nothing else take a fire extinquisher. I had to use one of mine last year to save the whole damn forest when at a camp site beside us the small propane tank on their BBQ went ballistic. There was no turning that thing off, flames were shootin everywhere!!

To make your life MUCH easier pre-prepare food. For instance, want to season your meat for the BBQ? Do all of that seasoning stuff and throw it into a zip lock. Same with veggies, salad makins, sandwich makins, and whatever else, everything you can. Gonna be there more than one night, take frozen meats. I always take a frozen steak (in a baggie, usually double baggy), just leave it in the cooler and it's ready to go the 2nd night. It will make youre life 100 times easier. Also using baggies makes it MUCH easier to get stuff into the cooler, ya can push it and shove it and squish it down into those hard to get to spots in the ice.

I use a regular ole Coleman tent, just make sure it's tall enough that you can stand up in it. It's hell having to do everything bent over in a tent. Coleman also makes a very slim camp stove, can't remember the name of it, but it works just fine and didn't break the bank at all. Take a couple of battery operated lanterns ($10 a pop) and extra batteries. At Lowes you can get a hat that has a 3 way light (one of which is a spotlight that shoots out in front of you) built right into it, this is a MUST for those late night potty outtings.

I'll tell ya right now that the cone with a filter is MUCH easier to make coffee in and so easy to clean up. I've come to prefer it over the french press when camping, but that's me. Just make it directly into a thermos.

Trust me, I know these things!! Been there so many times. LOL

But MOST of all... have FUN!!! That's what it's all about

Last edited by T D; 06-21-2010 at 11:06 PM.
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #28
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post

And to add to this, also consider a tarp for under the tent so water doesn't necessarily seep through the floor (although it will depend on which manufacturer you get). If you have to do a lot of stuff solo, you want to make sure you can handle putting the tent up by yourself.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #29
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
Oh, I plan to take 3 rolls....At least.
hy's capable of giving Me poison ivy....
~writes down the coffee suggestion~
I have a few tips...if I may?
For your Tpaper... take it in an air/water tight coffee canister like the one pictured below... ya never know when a little rain, a spilled drink or a slip in the creek might turn Tpaper into "rapidly dissolving Tpaper" like in the Navy's MRE Rations. These canisters also make a great light weight carry-all for other things you wanna keep dry... like first-aid stuff, safety kit or an extra pair of socks & underwear.

I'm a Grilling Queen when it comes to campfire goodies...
If you pack a griddle or any pots/pans to place over the fire or coals, smear liquid dish soap all over the under side/outside of the pan. It saves your pans from getting badly burned or scorched and all soot should wash off easily. And... if your fire ring is any thing like mine was (tilted down hill) making the eggs slide off your griddle, crush a soda can and place under the low side...and make one-eyed-jacks to go with your yummy coffee.

If you make garlic potatoes in a tin foil packet the night before, they make fantastic breakfast hashbrowns on your griddle.

If you know any one who works in food service, have them save you a huge food can...like industrial size can of tomatoes, etc. Those cans make a great griddle when you take a triangle shaped can opener and punch several air holes around the rim of the opened side, then place upside down on the coals. The little "lip" round the edge keeps your goodies from slipping into the coals and it's better than carrying in anything cast iron (and cheaper).

Two other cheap tips: Instead of buying steno burners, used tuna cans with a curled up strip of cardboard coated with candle wax. And, for really great fire starters, cardboard egg crates stuffed with the lint from your dryer.

After you are done grilling, take several pine cones that have lots of tree sap and toss them on the coals for a great bug repellent (like citronella candles) and a few sparks.

Speaking of MRE rations; they may not be a great tasting grilled treat, but they do come in handy and are very light weight. Plus you get a real laugh from the tiny, very thin package of Tpaper and the mini jar of Tabasco sauce. My sister saves a bunch every year to take camping.

That's all I've got for now...at 5am after taking a bunch of Benadryl for my skeeter bites from picking blackberries.

The most important part... HAVE FUN and LOTS of laughs!!

Best Wishes,
Sweet

PS...tell your buddy you know one more Femme that can run circles around him

Last edited by Kenna; 06-22-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 AM   #30
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh, I am so ready to take off on a camping trip!! Just have to get my older cat to be OK with going now because he has to have sub-q fluids every other day for kidney disease. He will have to come along with my pooch.

This is going to be a challenge!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #31
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Y'all are making me wanna go camping. Maybe this fall when the heat dissipates a bit, we will need to go on a camping trip. I have been yearning to visit Enchanted rock again.

Since I got my van, and lived in it off and on for a while, I haven't camped in a tent. But I would love to tent-camp again. (When I buy a tent, it's the cheapest I can lay my hands on - from Target or somesuch). I do like having bathroom access, but I suppose I could go without it.

Bug repellent with DEET is pretty necessary (I think) if you there are a lot of mosquitos.

I'd bring a lighter. for the kumbaya campfire

ps. most of the time you don't need to use a flashlight. It easily becomes light polution. Last time I saw a headlamp while camping, I wanted to snatch it off the guy's head! Okay maybe I'm being unreasonable.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #32
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default And we were just discussing a camping trip this morning.....

First off....

We will not camp anywhere without electrical hookups and water. Call us spoiled, but it's a nice amenity to have. (And considering I used to call "camping" a stay at Holiday Inn Express...)

We have a four person tent (even though it's just the two of us... we like the additional space) with an optional attached "sun room", so we can sit outdoors so to speak, and not be eaten alive by squitos.

We prepare most of our food before we leave, so it's easier to just slap it on the grill and be done with it. We bring a small grill with charcoal. (Mare likes the smell of charcoal BBQs).

We have a french press, but we actually bring a little coffee maker.

We sleep on an air mattress. The last time we slept in sleeping bags, Mare inadvertently ended up sleeping on a tree root. Air mattress = less back pain = better sleeping experience.

Glow sticks! I bring glow sticks for a couple of reasons; to mark the tent area should we decide to take a night time walk, (makes it easier to find our tent) and they work great as night lights. And .... *cough* I like playing with them....

We have a thick rubber grounded mat we place underneath the tent for cushion and protection. We also use a tarp.

And the usual ... pots, pans, plates, etc.. tp, extra batteries, bottled water, lanterns, bug sprays, chairs, fishing poles, dish-washing liquid to wash pans and utensils, bar soap, shampoo, towels, ... and I am sure there's more but just can't think of them at the moment.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #33
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I always wanted a nice big wall tent set up with a wood stove and a. full camp somewhere deep in alaska by a stream. Of course it would be summer and spend a month fishing, relaxing and enjoying nature. I would bring a wok, rice, some dried fruits and veggies. I might miss fresh stuff so maybe a spouter.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #34
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks, really, for all the great ideas....
True, I'm not going to buy a 500 $ tent if I wont use it much, But..
I will try for something comfortable, within my budget w/o risking Camping Horror, y'know?
I do like the thought of enough room to move around inside {if it rains, or at Night} and maybe a decent "protected" psuedo-porch...
I did see at the sports shop a reasonably priced netted gazebo-looking tarp [i cant find the proper word for what it was] suitable for the tent, maybe a folding chair, and hammock...
Considering the Weather lately, I will test the tent before the Trip, gonna 'hunt' down seam sealer, and have a tarp under it...
We're most likely going from a Friday to a Sunday ....
I can't go longer, not w/o leaving the "wilderness" for dialysis {talk about mood-killer}
Dried foods of any kind *not even Nuts* I cant have..Phosphorus content, and Calcium.
So, I'll probably pack up some pre-seasoned frozen meats, I do love the smell of Grill (and ya cant beat a campfire)...charcoal 'n' wood {I'm actually lookin forward to burning the pine cones *L*}
I pondered pre-made tuna sandwich, but that would just give hym a story to tell {We're fishing}
DEET bug repellent is the first thing I'm getting, even before considering a Tent...
If I buy anything for a 1 time use, I'll letcha know...
Tarp, air mattress/cot and cozy sleeping bag are my Must-haves...so that's settled
I'm trying not to use too much lamps or flashlights...batteries, i'll keep, with a kick-ass AM/FM radio {it IS Ohio, and I don't like surprises}
I may or may not take sonic boom/blinky alarm clock, hy can wake me up hymself, crack of dawn, otherwise I take it and make hym miserable.*I'm Deaf, we DO have alarm clocks, sadly, hearing people within range hate it*

I need my coffee..and I'm sick of hym calling me a dew whore when I go w/o..
Sooo, French Press...
I liked the idea for the TP in a container, I'm sure hy'll ask "wtf is up with all this coffee???"

My ferrets, they're staying home...
As much as I'd love to take them, I won't risk them catching fleas, ticks or whatever else might be around that I just KNOW they'll try to get into....
That, and oddly enough, they make hym nervous every time hy visits

Used to love those glow sticks as a kid, I might get maybe 3....To keep our campsite on the map, if we Hike.

Kinda glad about this thread, lots of good advice....
Thanx
{I intend to have FUN}
Old 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #35
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks, really, for all the great ideas....
I do like the thought of enough room to move around inside ..."protected"
...Considering the ... 'hunt' ...I can't go longer, ...I cant have.... I'll probably pack ... I do love the smell ...I'm actually lookin forward to .... but that would just give hym a story to tell ... I'll letcha know...
...my Must-haves...I'm trying not to use ...batteries...I don't like surprises...
hy can wake me up hymself, crack of dawn, otherwise I take it and make hym ... hate it

I need ...hym calling me a dew whore ...I'm sure hy'll ask "wtf is up ...I'd love to take ... I won't risk ...that ...I just KNOW ...to get into....make hym nervous every time hy visits
...{I intend to have FUN}
I know this isn't all brokeback, but brokeback is where my pervy mind goes. sorry!

(if we get to vote, i vote brokeback)

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This might come as a shock to some, but...
Although , if the occasion calls for it, I can handle Myself in the wild, Survive etc ...
I mean, c'mon...I attended a few Camporees/Jamborees, helped a few tenderfoots reach Eagle bla bla
I tend to avoid it, however, if I can...

My question is, to avoid excessively buying dumb crap for my next Camp trip{Me and My big fuckin Mouth -long story-}...

What's Ideal for a decent Tent in your Opinion, What type is very good against Rain, Bugs, and stuff that go bump in the night that would make a seasoned tough butch shit hys pants etc *include for more than 1 person if u can* ?

Sleeping Bag {5 degrees F...50...40 ?}?

Air Mattress *bad back* or cot....?

Anti-bug sprays, blue lights....?

Cooking stuffs {besides a campfire...I intend to take a percolator...}

Decent folding chairs, hammock...

U get the point...
What would U take....??
Include food....Plz?...
{Any experience anecdotes are helpful too, so I can have a mental picture }

I too consider myself an avid outdoors person and survivalist!

I would take an RV with a king size bed and master bedroom.
One with a big screen TV, air conditioner, kitchen and full bathroom.
Then I would take an outdoorsy type to start a bonfire and someone under the age of 12 to make me Smores...(over 12 and they tend to wander off to other campsites for socialization..)
A bug zapper is a must, so is a drunk zapper - they show up un-invited to other people's sites, drawn in by the light of the fire and then torture people with stories of their favorite professional wrestlers. Ugh.
Rather then fold out chairs, recliners are more comfy and easier on the back. I keep a cooler of ice tea next to mine - the under 12 year old loves to go find ice if I run out.
Sleeping bags for extreme temperatures aren't necessary - going outside only makes sense if it's 80 degrees with a breeze. Otherwise, the AC can keep it perfectly fine inside the RV. What IS necessary are 300 thread count sheets, down comforters and coordinating curtains....
Avon skin so soft is VERY important. Even if you never leave the RV. It repels bugs, BUT attracts drunks so you still have to be careful if you go outside without turning on the zapper.
I also like to take fishing poles, a bike and a kayak to decorate the grassy area of the campsite. They give it a rustic - campy feel. Just be careful not to over do it, otherwise it will look like every other campsite....add an American Flag and your favorite football team flag - otherwise the neighbors will accuse you of being haughty.
As for food, generally people get all pissy when you don't have actual food - so I get frozen pizza which, for anyone who has tried to get that stupid shrink wrap off knows, is almost like foraging for food in the wild.

If you need any other pointers - just shoot me a PM.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #37
GoofyLuvr

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Well golly gee whiz, I bet she would do it!
Relationship Status:
completely, totally, head over heels in love :)

GoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST Reputation

Here's an easy breakfast idea for you: Omelet in a Baggie
In a ziplock baggie, mix eggs (however many you want in your omelet) and all the fixins you like in your omelet. Each baggie feeds one person. To fix them, all you need to do is boil a pot of water and drop the baggie in the water. When the eggs are cooked, just unzip the bag and dip in with a spoon. Easy clean up, too! (I'm not mentioning the obvious such as take out of water, etc as I think you can figure that part out yourself. LOL)
GoofyLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoofyLuvr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #38
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,396 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Dusting off another great thread!!
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #39
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Ah, just not a camper. Every rock finds my back, and every mosquito within 50 miles homes in on me. My idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #40
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have several tents. A large two cabin tent, some other smaller tents and I just got this one for backpacking or light camping.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016HMBN0/ref=wms_ohs_product"]Amazon.com: Coleman Hooligan 2 Backpacking Tent: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Its really great because it can be a nice small screen encloser or you can cover. Its great for wind or foul weather and it does NOT leak.

another must have is an inflatable air pad.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-Lightweight-Series-Self-Inflating/dp/B001LF3FR8/ref=pd_sim_sg_2"]Amazon.com: ALPS Mountaineering Lightweight Series Self-Inflating Air Pad: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

I'm working up to do a hike next year through France and Spain
El Camino de Santiago. Its 33 days. There are hostels and such along the way but I may bring my little tent and camp out along the way.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote