Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
As a native american woman and a two spirited person, I just wanted to share this with you all.

A direct translation of the Ojibwe term, Niizh manidoowag, "two-spirited" or "two-spirit" is usually used to indicate a person whose body simultaneously houses a masculine spirit and a feminine spirit.
We are proud to be two spirited and I honour both my female and male spirit and energy.
This is exactly right and although expressed in many words and cultures we all should strive for this balance on a microcosmic level. How we physically manifest and experience this here and now is our identity for this life time.

IMO there are two spirit 3rd sex people that present an androgynous form and spirit. It seems that, from what I have personally encounter, they are often thought of as transgendered and even thought that would mean "in transition" they clearly are happy where they are and often accept being called "trans". I'm not saying this is right or wrong and obviously everyone has a preference. I don't think its for any of us to judge or try and define. As with anything in life the rules often change to meet needs. We should try and be more flexible, especially when it comes to words.

Most of my life I've dated very masculine butches and those that considered themselves "third sex" their words not mine. I enjoyed and connected with them because I could sense and feel both male and female. When I decided to take it a step further and enter into the FTM world I realized it probably wasn't for me. If he wanted to live as a man yet balanced his masculine and feminine energy rather then get angry and deny I might be more receptive but thus far I have not experienced it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #82
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Most of my life I've dated very masculine butches and those that considered themselves "third sex" their words not mine. I enjoyed and connected with them because I could sense and feel both male and female. When I decided to take it a step further and enter into the FTM world I realized it probably wasn't for me. If he wanted to live as a man yet balanced his masculine and feminine energy rather then get angry and deny I might be more receptive but thus far I have not experienced it.
maybe the guy got angry when you spoke with him about this because you were trying to get him to be who you wanted. maybe he was angry because you had an expectation that was not disclosed to him in the beginning of the rship. maybe you didnt give him a safe space. i don't know. my transition has been private and i like it that way. i still find it hard to talk about certain things about how i feel at a certain time of the month. my monthly reminder that my female body does not match my male mind. my therapy and support group talks about all that. the last thing i wanna deal with is my beloved having an expectation that i am male/female balanced. IMO i am weary of you because of your postings as of late. they could be taken as anti male and then i read this post and feel it is confirmed for me. soooo i am reading this as another post with an underlying transphobic message. the thread is what attracts you to ftms not what doesnt attract you to ftms. so why post something in here negative?? i don't get it??
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #83
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I know that there are women out there who won't or cannot, for one reason or another, date an FTM and thats ok but I think that if someone wants to express that they are unable to date an FTM it should be put into another thread not in this one. As an FTM Myself, I don't expect every woman out there to be able to date Me but because this thread is dedicated to those who are attracted to guys like Me I'd appreciate just hearing positive things about what attracts someone to us
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #84
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
maybe the guy got angry when you spoke with him about this because you were trying to get him to be who you wanted. maybe he was angry because you had an expectation that was not disclosed to him in the beginning of the rship. maybe you didnt give him a safe space. i don't know. my transition has been private and i like it that way. i still find it hard to talk about certain things about how i feel at a certain time of the month. my monthly reminder that my female body does not match my male mind. my therapy and support group talks about all that. the last thing i wanna deal with is my beloved having an expectation that i am male/female balanced. IMO i am weary of you because of your postings as of late. they could be taken as anti male and then i read this post and feel it is confirmed for me. soooo i am reading this as another post with an underlying transphobic message. the thread is what attracts you to ftms not what doesnt attract you to ftms. so why post something in here negative?? i don't get it??
I'm sorry if I came across that way. It's not my intention. I responded to her post and my perception. You're probably right though in that my experience and opinions have changed. As for my past relationships it wasn't about any of that. Those observations I made later in retrospect. There were other issues. My reference was to two spirits and how it relates to FTM. I simply gave my opinion and honestly stated what I am attracted to and looking for. It wasn't transphobic or anything else.

here we go again...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #85
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Linus took this post to the other thread. It actually belongs in here, although probably has a place in the new thread.

'Two Spirit' is about Native Americans.........ya know........those pesky folks who lived on this land prior to white people invading..........

I kinda wish all these white folks would stop stealing cultural terms from Native Americans. Two spirit is not for white folks to use anytime they want. Try learning before you appropriate terms from other cultures. Two spirit literally means 'having both a masculine spirit and a feminine spirit'.

I don't personally know any white FtMs/transmen who claim they have a feminine spirit. They only claim a male spirit.

Do some research folks.........
This was my post....it's post #49. Diva responded to it a bit later on.....post #75. Diva's original post that caused my post was before #49.

And yes........my response was about cultural appropriation.

here is a link for a local two-spirit group http://www.baaits.org/

other two spirit info can be found here:
http://www.nativeout.com/
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #86
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm not sure I should even address this, however, the reason I used the term "two~spirited" was because I had been told by a Transman that He is two~spirited person. And, while He does have a portion of American Indian blood coursing through His veins, He also has Italian, Filipino and Hispanic bloodlines.

So....while what I have experienced with this one Guy is Male, He claims His second spirit as well, and I accept that.
I totally get what you are saying here. My point is/was that unless he identifies as Native American, he is appropriating a Native concept.

I could call myself two-spirit.....it really does fit me.....however it would be appropriation..........even though I was actively involved in BAAITS at one time. I may have some Cherokee blood through my mother's mother's mother's mother, however that does not make me Native American.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #87
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I sit here drinking my morning (afternoon) coffee and am reading this thread.
A few things come to mind that I will share...

TO transition does not mean a simple nip and tuck here and there and wallahhh....someone is the gender they want to be.

One, they already ARE the gender they want to be. The transformation just aligns them up correctly.

Two, transition involve physical, mental, and spiritual alignments. Physical is just one part of it.

Three, anothe huge part of it is social. While the FtM is transitioning, they also must deal with the societal perceptions, which include family and loved ones. And also included members of their affiliations, including this forum.

Four, while they are transitioning, they will bump into people who are evolving. Some more evolved than others. Some evolved in many areas but not in this area.

Five, When words are offered,they will be read in exactly the level of evolution the reader is in, and will also be presented in exactly the level of evolution the writer is in.

Six, these two might not always match up

Seven, when this happens it might feel like a confrontation. Actually, its a unique opportunity to learn. And they will learn regardless of how it is handled.

Eight, what they learn will depend on how sensitively each will handle the other with

Nine, this is a necessary part of transitioning and evolving

Ten, we can all learn from one another. And support one another, with kindness or with flames...both indicate a deep investment in this process

I have learned quite a bit in this thread and I thank all the people who have contributed. I support all of you...wherever you are in your transitioning and evolvement. You have added to my evolution. I come to these sights so that I can connect with my community. And in doing so, I have had to learn to be more sensitive, be more understanding, shut my mouth more often than I was used to, and speak from my place and no one elses.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #88
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I can have incredible sex with CIS men, but the minute they open their mouth to speak, all the glamour and heat goes out the door. It is their socialization at fault. Something is distinctly different in the socialization of the CIS male and the FtM male. Having been put through or surrounded by female socialization efforts, FtMs can reach beneath my skin and touch me where it counts...places CIS men sometimes arent even aware exists.
i realized my earlier participation in this thread was something of a derail and i never actually answer the question that was asked...so my answer is- softness stole my answer lol

i have always been attracted to masculine energy but numb to the attractions of cismales

i came out when i was 19, but attempted to go straight very briefly when i was 23...omg that poor guy...i could not stand for him to behave in any way that was overtly masculine...which i found totally perplexing, b/c with a butch partner i would have found the exact same behaviors totally hot

it has never been possible for a butch to be masculine enough for me, but i can't stand for cismales to be masculine AT ALL

therfore FTMs are pretty much a dream come true lol

Quote:
I also need to point out that this whole thought of "if I think this way, then I cant think that way" is a really bad teeter totter to be on.
i know but my brain only thinks in dichotomies...professionals are involved
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #89
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=dark_crystal;153636]
it has never been possible for a butch to be masculine enough for me/QUOTE]

This bit here. Really. Really?
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #90
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post

it has never been possible for a butch to be masculine enough for me, but i can't stand for cismales to be masculine AT ALL

therfore FTMs are pretty much a dream come true lol

i know but my brain only thinks in dichotomies...professionals are involved
Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
Quote:
it has never been possible for a butch to be masculine enough for me
I have to agree with turasultana.

If I were to post the inverse in an femme oriented thread, "it has never been possible for a femme to be feminine enough for me," I'm reasonably certain I'd have my ass handed to me on a platter.

While you may have never met a butch you considered masculine enough for you (whatever that means, I didn't realize we were qualifying and quantifying now) doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I've met some very effeminate ftms, and some extremely masculine (including female identified) butches, all exist on a spectrum.

Either way, as a masculine person, I'm not offended by this statement, personally, because I'm extremely comfortable with my own masculinity. I am however, kind of disturbed by it.

I want to add that I am posting from the position that I believe it is not only possible, but far kinder, wiser, and more inclusive to talk about what we love in a certain type of person without stepping on the neck of other identities. I think we can celebrate FTMs without speaking negatively with regard to butches or cisgendered men.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 07-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #91
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Bent

<snip>

I want to add that I am posting from the position that I believe it is not only possible, but far kinder, wiser, and more inclusive to talk about what we love in a certain type of person without stepping on the neck of other identities. I think we can celebrate FTMs without speaking negatively with regard to butches or cisgendered men.
I agree.

And 'not masculine enough'?

I sure hope I'm feminine enough.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #92
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I like hearing about what attracts someone to guys like us, so can we get back to that pls?

For those who have spilled their guts about what they love about an FTM, thank you from this guy for doing so
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #93
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I am FTM (currently in transition). But something tells me it's going to be hard to find someone who would want to date me.

Just a feeling I have...
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #94
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Actually, I have heard some people say they only desire high femmes and the more femme the better. I am not a high femme and I dont take offense when someone says this because they are simply using the limits of the English language to express what they desire in a mate. I am simply a different type of femme and wouldnt even consider myself suitable for the person who only wants a high femme. Am I less a femme? No. I am secure enough in my femmeness not to feel attacked or undervalued.

It is obvious to me that Dark Crystal is stuggling with words to explain what she means. She DOES think in dichotomies, black and white, male female, butch femme...and yet I also see her struggling to get past the dichotomies. She is trying to get to the place where she is inclusive, not exclusive. So, I am not offended by her. I would be if she were being malicious in her intent but she isnt. Thats obvious to everyone. So my approach to her certainly wouldnt be to attack what she says, but to help her learn.

The FtMs I have been involved with have been kind gentlemen. Initially when I first became involved with FtMs, I had alot to learn too. I stumbled with words and yet, they helped me learn. I have been very lucky to have had some great dates. I mattered to them and they took the time to help me explore my dichotomies.

I hope DarkCrystal encounters people just as willing to help her grasp what is past her dichotomies...

[QUOTE=Mister Bent;153668][FONT="Arial"]I have to agree with turasultana.

[FONT="Arial"]If I were to post the inverse in an femme oriented thread, "it has never been possible for a femme to be feminine enough for me," I'm reasonably certain I'd have my ass handed to me on a platter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #95
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Actually, I have heard some people say they only desire high femmes and the more femme the better. I am not a high femme and I dont take offense when someone says this because they are simply using the limits of the English language to express what they desire in a mate. I am simply a different type of femme and wouldnt even consider myself suitable for the person who only wants a high femme. Am I less a femme? No. I am secure enough in my femmeness not to feel attacked or undervalued.

The portion in bold is not parallel to what Dark Crystal said, and fails as a comparison; it's not the same as saying "it's never been possible for ------ femme to be feminine enough for me." We aren't talking about "butchness" (in the way you speak of "femmeness"), but masculinity. Is a "different type of femme" one less feminine than some other type of femme? Is it your assertion that "femmeness" is exactly the same thing as femininity? Is one a high femme because she is more/most feminine - or is there some other defining set of criteria?

I made it clear that I did not take offense, but found the statement to be one of qualification & quantification, which I find to be disturbing. Nor did I say anything about being "attacked" or "undervalued", you're reading something into my post that isn't there, it wasn't so personal for me (as I think I also made clear).

I continue to maintain that we can talk about what attracts us to FTMs using solely positive terms, not comparative ones that are disparaging of other identities.

Quote:
It is obvious to me that Dark Crystal is stuggling with words to explain what she means. She DOES think in dichotomies, black and white, male female, butch femme...and yet I also see her struggling to get past the dichotomies. She is trying to get to the place where she is inclusive, not exclusive. So, I am not offended by her. I would be if she were being malicious in her intent but she isnt. Thats obvious to everyone. So my approach to her certainly wouldnt be to attack what she says, but to help her learn.
Again, as I stated in my post, I wasn't offended by her, nor did I think she was being malicious in her intent, so we're in agreement on that. Dark Crystal wasn't "attacked" she was challenged on some words she used. You're right, it was obvious to everyone. There was nothing personal in my post, or any of the others questioning her opinion.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #96
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

The attraction comes from within. Like a moth to a flame. FTM's carry themselves differently, with a confidence and a pride that I find attractive.
I admire their strength and I definitely appreciate their male energy. The way he presents himself to others, this is not about putting on a show, in fact his behavior should come from within as does his character and attitude.
His mannerisms prove to be most attractive. Someone with self confidence tempered by a sense of humor, combined with intelligent conversational skills. A great attitude without the arrogance. Good manners and respect for his GF/Partner/Wife as an equal. Attentivness, directness and above all honesty. These things are so attractive and stand out over everything for me.

"Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage." - Theodore Roosevelt
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #97
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=turasultana;153648]
Quote:
it has never been possible for a butch to be masculine enough for me/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
I have to agree with turasultana.

If I were to post the inverse in an femme oriented thread, "it has never been possible for a femme to be feminine enough for me," I'm reasonably certain I'd have my ass handed to me on a platter.

While you may have never met a butch you considered masculine enough for you (whatever that means, I didn't realize we were qualifying and quantifying now) doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I've met some very effeminate ftms, and some extremely masculine (including female identified) butches, all exist on a spectrum.

Either way, as a masculine person, I'm not offended by this statement, personally, because I'm extremely comfortable with my own masculinity. I am however, kind of disturbed by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I agree.

And 'not masculine enough'?

I sure hope I'm feminine enough.
because the last two words of my sentence were "for me," i can't imagine how the statement could be seen as me qualifying or quantifying anything in the world besides my own response to my past partners.

I am not talking about identities as concepts and i am not talking about specific individuals and i am not talking about potential individuals that may exist within an identity whom i have not yet met. The sentence was in the past tense and referred only to myself.

i am talking about myself and my past. How can anyone possibly be offended by my experience or my description of my experience? it does not involve anyone except me
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #98
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Mr Bent, thank you so much for telling me how wrong I was in the way I interpreted your post and for getting us on the right track again....
Old 07-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #99
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Dear DC.

Your post was fine.

And we move on from here....

Dark Crystal wrote: i am talking about myself and my past. How can anyone possibly be offended by my experience or my description of my experience? it does not involve anyone except me [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #100
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

What doesn't! (i.e. Sometimes it simply feels that everything attracts me to Ftms!!!)

Sorry, I hadn't been reading the thread and that's what popped into my head.

Last edited by nycfem; 07-15-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: clarification
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: