Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #141
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oh, what on in that car....

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #142
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I had no idea you loved Chevys too!

I have owned a 67 Nova, 68 Camaro and 63 Impala. All sweet cars.

Now, I drive a 2010 Honda CRV. What happened?
You grew up! (an example as to how being responsible sucks sometimes).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #143
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Nice! Make/year?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #144
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I used to drive this

a 1993 Audi 90S, V6, 5 speed manual. It drove like a sports car. It drove like a dream.
But it cost a FORTUNE to maintain and repair; it was 11years old with a perfect service record and about 65k on it when I bought it from a sweet older lady. Around 75k miles everything started to need to be replaced, one bit at a time, and every time it went to the shop it cost me no less than $1000. But Oh MY it drove like a dream. My mechanic told me they don't make them like that any more, not the same motor, not the same engine; he steered me away from buying a newer model Audi - later on. I likely would have kept spending $3000 a year in maintenance on to it because it drove so well.

Sadly, due to someone idiot's carelessness, I had spectacular a high speed rollover. My little Audi took the bullet for me, for which I am forever grateful, but was totaled. After rolling 3 times down an embankment, sliding along the driver side for 50 yards, clipping a concrete block and flipping up and over (back to a wheels down position) this is what she looked like:

Not bad, really, all things considered; the passenger cabin remained perfectly in tact. and I walked away from the accident with a hefty concussion, whiplash and a few scratches on my hands and arms. Which was miraculous. But I was so so sad, I loved that car.

I did a lot of research (through consumer reports and a lot of on-the-lot questions) before I chose my new car.
My primary priorities were:
It needed to be built like a mini-tank with a full steel frame and body,
it needed to be manual and it needed to be reasonably fuel efficient.

I looked at the Mini Cooper S, the Audi A4, the Honda Accord and the Volvo S4. It took me 6-8 weeks and a lot of research to find the right car.

I went with the Volvo in the end, I got a great deal on a low mileage, former executive lease car that was fully loaded.

It is 2005 S40 T5 AWD; 6-speed, V5 (great in the new england winter!). I really love it, its not the sporty little race car my old Audi was, but it handles beautifully, it has got a good amount of power, and it does feel like a small tank. It has been well maintained and I keep that up. I had a great pre-owned warranty on it that expired last year, and I have not yet had to put much in to it in terms of repair/replacement (touch wood). Volvos are typically pricier to repair than a Honda, but no where near as dear as the cost of an Audi. And Volvo's have a reputation for averaging 250-400,000 miles over their lifetime.

I'm really happy with the car I chose, and I'm really really happy I did my homework before I bought it.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #145
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Dapper,

That's a 1954 MG TF, most popular in the T-series MGs.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #146
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Hey Dapper,

That's a 1954 MG TF, most popular in the T-series MGs.
I figured it an MG (or at least something British), when looking at the low doors and long hood. Although German, the car I posted (#15), was inspired by the British roadsters. In looking at my picture, the low door sills are not obvious, but a large portion of your upper half is showing when you are riding in it!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #147
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I looked at the Mini Cooper S, the Audi A4, the Honda Accord and the Volvo S4. It took me 6-8 weeks and a lot of research to find the right car.

I went with the Volvo in the end, I got a great deal on a low mileage, former executive lease car that was fully loaded.

It is 2005 S40 T5 AWD; 6-speed, V5 (great in the new england winter!). I really love it, its not the sporty little race car my old Audi was, but it handles beautifully, it has got a good amount of power, and it does feel like a small tank. It has been well maintained and I keep that up. I had a great pre-owned warranty on it that expired last year, and I have not yet had to put much in to it in terms of repair/replacement (touch wood). Volvos are typically pricier to repair than a Honda, but no where near as dear as the cost of an Audi. And Volvo's have a reputation for averaging 250-400,000 miles over their lifetime.

I'm really happy with the car I chose, and I'm really really happy I did my homework before I bought it.
Sweet car you chose, Sparkle! AWD, 6 speed, V5! Nice! Very nice! And yes, for safety, head right to Volvo!

I love Audi's too, but have never had one. The thing that keeps many people away from some wonderful machines is the repair costs (Audi, BMW). BMWs, for example, will run for many, many miles and since they run so long, you can get a higher mileage used one for cheap, and have it last for many years. The initial investment is not the problem for many of these cars, it is the high repair costs, unfortunately.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #148
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

my current car now - Ford Focus. love how fast this manual is! look forward to soupin it up, maybe something like the Husker cars with some red and black wheels,
blackout lights, spoiler, red trim and of course stickers,
and the red light underneath.. I wouldn't mind that pickup though, it's fn sweeet!

When I had my red jeep wrangler it had a NE Husker tire cover.

ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #149
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

I love Audi's too, but have never had one. The thing that keeps many people away from some wonderful machines is the repair costs (Audi, BMW). BMWs, for example, will run for many, many miles and since they run so long, you can get a higher mileage used one for cheap, and have it last for many years. The initial investment is not the problem for many of these cars, it is the high repair costs, unfortunately.
I'd love a BMW 3series! Lovely car!

But you're quite right, you can get great deals when you buy them, but you have to be prepared to invest the money in the maintenance and repair.

I do like that the Volvo is now in a lower repair cost bracket since Ford started manufacturing their parts.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #150
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I'd love a BMW 3series! Lovely car!
Yes, the next time tantalizingfemme needs a car (which won't be forever, damn long lasting Honda civics!), I would love for her to get a used 3 series. I have a new buddy who works on BMWs, so her getting a Bimmer is now possible, as it will be he and I doing the maintenance work/possibly some of the repair work. Who knows if she will still like that model when that time comes, however.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #151
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
my current car now - Ford Focus. love how fast this manual is! look forward to soupin it up, maybe something like the Husker cars with some red and black wheels,
blackout lights, spoiler, red trim and of course stickers,
and the red light underneath.. I wouldn't mind that pickup though, it's fn sweeet!

When I had my red jeep wrangler it had a NE Husker tire cover.

Nahhhh..just get some tasteful black wheels. If you must, add the spoiler.

That car is perfect, as is!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #152
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm from Michigan. I drive American.

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium

Smooth, sporty ride. Fully loaded, leather seats, crazy amount of technology, sport suspension. I have never got under 31 mpg on it, even with city driving.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #153
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

This is my dream car! Would love to find one.

I had this car, but in grey. It was my "dream" car after I graduated high school.

My ex has a car like this: 2000 Trans Am WS6. I loved driving that car.

My current car looks like this, but mine is dark blue.

But this is on my wish list now!! My birthday is next week. Please and Thank You...LoL
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Babyangeleyez For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #154
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

the first time I ever heard of or seen a Buggati Veyron, I was at work and it was on the valet ramp. pretty sweet to see it in person. Go ahead, google it.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #155
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
the first time I ever heard of or seen a Buggati Veyron, I was at work and it was on the valet ramp. pretty sweet to see it in person. Go ahead, google it.
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ron#post355884

Here's one getting washed:

Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #156
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
honey

Thanked 21,377 Times in 6,725 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default owned & loved this car a while ago~

drive a Prius now
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #157
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Very nice, Hack! Very sharp looking. A wagon/hatchback is the way to go to max out space with good mpg.

I saw your post in my email and I only noticed the make/model of the car before signing back on to the site. I admit that I assumed that my first thought about you buying American is that you are in politics!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #158
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up with this car in the garage, not this specific car, but its identical to the one in the picture.. I went every where in it.. It was my moms daily driver.. 1970 Nova SS with a 350 ..4 on the floor .. it went.. I want one now that I am older and more responsible and stuff .. My dad still has the car to this day.. I miss it ... le sigh ...

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 12:58 AM   #159
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Bump, bump, bump (crash,boom,ssszzzz,plop). You have insurance, yes? LOL
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #160
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,785 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Have had numerous Hot cars in my life, but this one by far has been the most fun zipping around corners going at an insane speed. Always breathed a sigh of relief when I brought her home greasy side down. After 1972, the MGB AND Triumph had rubber bumpers, yuck!. If it doesn't have chrome, go home.

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post: