Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today, I got rid of...yay!

Okay, so call me the Billy Graham of purging, but I'm an avid believer in the idea that when it comes to possessions, less is best - less things to clean, less things to tidy, less things to fix, less things to have to worry about.

So, I'm starting this thread for the sole purpose of encouraging others to get rid of their 'shit.' Donate it, give it away, sell it, or stick it in the trash, I don't care what it is, if you don't need/use/or even like it, it's time to let it go.

I'll start. Today I got rid of...

1. A bunch of non-recyclable carrier bags that were taking up way too much room on my kitchen door. (-> Charity shop/thrift store.) My kitchen door thanks me.

2. Half a dozen chocolate/biscuit containers left over from Christmas. (-> The center my daugher attends for baking class.) So okay, they're good for storing cakes and biscuits - but all of us are trying to lose weight so why waste valuable space by keeping them? (My kitchen cabinets thank me.)

3. A pile of old newspapers/newspaper souvenirs from 1900 through 1940 or so. I bought them at an auction ages ago because they were extremely cheap. Out of all of them, however, there were only two that I really wanted so the rest I'm sending to our antiques/collectables unit. (The floor underneath my desk thanks me.)

So, what are you getting rid of today in the hope of de-cluttering your life? (And if you're not getting rid of it but don't need it/use it/like it...why?) Inquisitive minds want to know...

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post: