Old 11-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #2421
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I rented this movie from Redbox yesterday and it was good.

I saw a screening of this movie and it was very good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #2422
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

The Campaign with Will Ferrell.

4 out of 5 stars
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #2423
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Like Sunday Like Rain

Surrounded by wealth and living with abundant resources in Manhattan, 12-year-old cello prodigy Reggie, lives a solitary life. Estranged from family, having slacker boyfriend troubles, and fired from her waitress job, Eleanor needs a new place to live and a new job.

I enjoyed this movie very much
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2015, 04:59 AM   #2424
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post
I'm so curious - what film festivals do you attend, ye who post here!?
Seattle has tons of filmfest however I've seldom attended them! I hate to get on a soapbox BUT standing in line after line that most times stretch down a street and around the corner is not my idea of a fun event! It's been like this for years here but hopefully one of these days the filmfest organizers will get more organized
Old 11-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #2425
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,101 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Old 11-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #2426
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

5 to 7 (again) It's really a interesting little movie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #2427
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Old 11-26-2015, 08:28 PM   #2428
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw two movies today and had a big bag of , all for $8.50. Sweet!!!

First up was The Good Dinosaur. Excellent movie! Pixar did a really good job with the storyline and who can beat Sam Elliott as a T-Rex?

Then came the last in The Hunger Games series. It was good. CG was amazing. It tied up some loose ends and threw in a couple of twists.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #2429
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Lady In The Van

Starring maggie smith.
A truly brilliant film.
You laugh, you feel compassion, and you just feel like throttling her all at some point in the movie.
This is based on a true story by Alan Bennett.
Its a remarkable journey for both.
Try to catch it when its out, you won't be disappointed.

Oh another note, I am counting down the hours now (sad I know) to see the film Carol, that is now on release here in the uk.
Tomorrow is the big day, so once I have seen the film (maybe even more than once if its as great as ppl are saying) I will give you the low down.
Promise not to give too much details.
But have a feeling this film will meet all the books expectations.
Have a good weekend everyone
Xx
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #2430
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools66 View Post
Starring maggie smith.
A truly brilliant film.
You laugh, you feel compassion, and you just feel like throttling her all at some point in the movie.
This is based on a true story by Alan Bennett.
Its a remarkable journey for both.
Try to catch it when its out, you won't be disappointed.

Oh another note, I am counting down the hours now (sad I know) to see the film Carol, that is now on release here in the uk.
Tomorrow is the big day, so once I have seen the film (maybe even more than once if its as great as ppl are saying) I will give you the low down.
Promise not to give too much details.
But have a feeling this film will meet all the books expectations.
Have a good weekend everyone
Xx
Yes, please let us know! I've only read good things about it
Old 11-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #2431
angelface
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

angelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputation
Default A remarkable true story - The 33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOoIBOYqHyw
angelface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelface For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #2432
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Another double feature today. I love days off.

Creed was well done and a nice nod to the Rocky series.

Room was heartbreaking in spots and extremely well done.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2015, 12:02 AM   #2433
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Very good. The music is outstanding and the acting is good. Interestingly, there's a style that Spike adopted in a few movies where the colors are sharp and exaggerated making aspects of his films look almost comical in retrospect. Good film but it is not an examination nor a representation of Miles and Coltrane's musical and personl relationship.

If you don't like Sarah Jessica Parker, then you really won't like her in this movie. In part, that what's makes this a good film. Boy brings girl home to meet the family and they hate her. It's fun and thoughtful holiday movie.

Heartbreakingly sad. I'm halfway through it and needed a break. Will return to it in a few minutes.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 01:52 AM   #2434
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default CAROL

Carol.
Ok... Firstly I want to say that if you haven't read the book yet, then go see the film first.
Because to fit all that the book entails into a few hours is a challenge.

I will also say you must go and see it, purely to make up your own mind.

This film is still with me now, and I am marinading it over.
I think possibly its because I had read the book first, and was so consumed by its plot and more so the two women, their emotions & undeniable connection, that this film just fell a tad short for me.
(I may say this in haste though after a breather away from it)
But again this is only a personal view.
I don't dislike this film by any means and I know of other people who simply adore this film.
For some reason I didn't really feel consumed by it.

But don't let my review stop you going to see it.

I will say that the sets are beautiful, and the acting is exceptional.
And unlike the book the very long intro between the two women isn't as long in coming.

Perhaps after waiting a whole year for this movie, reading and watching teasers I had this so built up in my head that nothing could compete.

Please go and make the effort to see it, then at least you can judge for yourself.

I will take a break from Carol, then come back to it when its out on dvd and hopefully my view will have changed.

I hope you all love it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #2435
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Life of Crime

Starring Jennifer Aniston, Mos Def, Tim Robbins. Based on the hilarious Elmore Leonard book, The Switch. Released in 2013 or 2014

Two small-time crooks, Ordel Robbie and Louis Gara, kidnap a socialite in a Detroit suburb only to find out that her husband won't pay the ransom because he's ready to divorce her. It was a cheesy movie, but I liked it. The acting was fun and lighthearted and I'm always ready to watch Mos Def in a film. I enjoyed Anniston and Robbins, too. I'm not familiar with Aniston's acting and will check her out over the next month or so.

Also, the character Ordel Robbie is played by Mos Def in this film, but Ordel shows up again in the film Jackie Brown when he's played by Samuel L. Jackson.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2015, 06:09 PM   #2436
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

We're the Millers

Drug dealer turned drug smuggler creates a family to help him get a large drug delivery out of Mexico. It was fun. It has the typical hollywood ending, but it worked for me. Check it out if you're looking for something nice, easy, and funny. Thanks for the tip, Gemme.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 07:08 AM   #2437
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw this Sunday.

Besides the rowdy row of boys a little ways down from me, it was fun to watch. If 12 year old boy humor is your thing, you'll love it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #2438
angelface
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

angelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputation
Default Spectre

Not impressed with the latest Bond franchise. As a lifelong fan I was eager to watch this new release but I was left utterly disappointed by the script and was tempted to walk out and demand my money back.
Suffice to say, don't believe the hype any fans out there.
angelface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angelface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #2439
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw this tonight.

The opening credits would be hard for vegetarians and animal advocates to watch. That's probably why it went directly to dvd.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #2440
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

]Carol.
Ok... Firstly I want to say that if you haven't read the book yet, then go see the film first.
Because to fit all that the book entails into a few hours is a challenge.

I will also say you must go and see it, purely to make up your own mind.

This film is still with me now, and I am marinading it over.
I think possibly its because I had read the book first, and was so consumed by its plot and more so the two women, their emotions & undeniable connection, that this film just fell a tad short for me.
(I may say this in haste though after a breather away from it)
But again this is only a personal view.
I don't dislike this film by any means and I know of other people who simply adore this film.
For some reason I didn't really feel consumed by it.

But don't let my review stop you going to see it.

I will say that the sets are beautiful, and the acting is exceptional.
And unlike the book the very long intro between the two women isn't as long in coming.

Perhaps after waiting a whole year for this movie, reading and watching teasers I had this so built up in my head that nothing could compete.

Please go and make the effort to see it, then at least you can judge for yourself.

I will take a break from Carol, then come back to it when its out on dvd and hopefully my view will have changed.

I hope you all love it.

yes its me again.
so i went to see Carol for a second time this week.
i have had a slight change of heart, in that i think its growing on me.
if you are able to block out how much more detail the book goes into then its a good film.
the problem is with trying to get it to film from the book story is that Therese's thoughts are all in the book, and this is much harder to convey on screen.
so you have to just take this film as a different entity entirely.
so give it a go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie