Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-25-2018, 12:32 PM   #4221
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default MC

Ha! Merry Christmas charley...and enjoy your feast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Merry Xmas A, my own exercise experience will be walking to a feast meal and exercising my right hand as it shovels turkey, fixings, and many desserts into the mouth, again and again, and then taking home seconds

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #4222
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boxing day

6K's interval run
trying to up it to every day now,instead of every 2nd day
survived xmas,without all the food
although I'm athiest,so to me it was just Tuesday
but merry or happy whatever to,all those living in the past,LOL
IE northern hemisphere
its 8.10 am here Dec 26
cheers,big ears...................thats how it goes big nose

bit of Aussie bad humour
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2018, 11:24 PM   #4223
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Went to the gym Monday and Tuesday- modified holiday hours worked for me.

Monday: 40 minutes stairmaster, pattern- 2 minute repeats of 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 on the stairmaster that functions one level lower (i.e. is one level easier) than my favorite, which was occupied. 30 minutes weight floor.

There was a young to middle aged trim Asian man on my favorite stairmaster. He had a warm, positive disposition, and I felt like we had a bonding moment of loving the stairmaster when I stepped up so we were both at the top of our stairmasters and he said, "We are a small group who must have the stairmaster, but there's nothing like it! Let's do this!" OMG, it was just the best gym connection ever, made me feel so understood and encouraged.

Then in the locker room I ran into Judith. This was on Christmas Eve. I know she goes to church so I asked her what she was doing for Christmas. She said she'd be at the gym. Oh, Judith . She was very mismatched today. More and more I think she has Aspergers Syndrome or something like it. She said she had just taken a pilates class and that she was now going to order dim sum. What?! To the gym?! Yes indeed. I was fascinated! First of all, the gym has it's own cafe (a terrible cafe!) so I figured you couldn't just like order a pizza and certainly not dim sum! But, yes, Judith explained, it was a normal occurrence for her. It was SO Judith.

Tuesday: 35 minutes on the hard stairmaster (my favorite one), and I upped my levels and could feel it. I did Levels 7 down to 1, my first time doing 7 as part of a pattern. I definitely felt it! I'm doing a lot of hands off for Level 1, and I can do it but can feel the uneasiness of my balance. It gives a good sweat to have to balance. Then I did 25 minutes on the weight floor. Then, back in the locker room, there was no sign of Judith. I was sad not to see her.

So, yeah, my winter break has been 3 great days in a row of working out so far! Let's do this!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #4224
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

That's wonderful, nyc! I love a good gym connection. It makes that day's workout all the more special.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #4225
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Only could about 3klm,power walk,no running
I gotta listen to my body,I keep trying to do,what I could do before I got sick,then push to hard and breakdown.
I'm enjoying this thread though.

sounds like an interesting gym NYC
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #4226
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 6 long snow walk

Talkie friend came out for a long walk with me
today...found it interesting as she hasn't wanted
to go further than 4mi...it was good, cozy, and
warm until we got back to the cars...the landscape
was a Winter wonderland...just beautiful...And
stretching for an hour when I got back home...love
slow stretching...This video is a good one for those interested.

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

Beginner Running Tips | How to Stretch After Your Run

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #4227
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 30 minutes on the stairmaster (my favorite) doing two two-minute sets of 7-6-5-4-3-2-1, and then a few extra Level 1s. It was intense and felt great.

Then 30 minutes on the weight floor. It is funny how lifting a weight instantly gives energy and clears the brain. I love weightlifting after a cardio work-out. And then it makes the stretching even more heavenly.

I hung with Miriam in the locker room, the kvetchy older plump Jewish woman (me also being of a similar description though not as old). She said that she spent Christmas tending to less mobile, elderly friends. She worked out with her trainer and then was going for a slice (not having it delivered, lol) and then a massage.

Peace out, exercisers!

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 04:56 PM   #4228
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Interval ran 80 mins,by the beach this morning
unsure in klms
I have lived here 6 mths,and not wanted to drive the 8 mins to the beach,it was soooooooooooooo invigerating.
tmrw Scout can have a swim too
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 07:13 PM   #4229
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

zilch...zero...nada.

Another Winter wonderland this morning...cleaned
off my car, warmed her up and...nothing, and
no one stirring...lots of icy road...so o o decided
to take a short walk and check out the
neighborhood...lots of ice...now, I do love
snow, but after the long walk in it this week
decided to take a rest day...so, cabin fever not
withstanding...made a hot, and delicious - even
if I do say so myself-root veggie soup...just what
my body and spirit needed.

Almost New Year's and am making several overdue
changes in my lifestyle......looking forward to them all.

Another snow storm is up for early next week...run
must be tomorrow and Sunday...or the gym...did
you say the gym?! Oh, no!...smiling...yes, perhaps the gym.

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #4230
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday was 35 minutes on my fave stairmaster (Pattern: 6-1).

Today was 30 minutes on the Matrix which is a stairmaster knockoff that I only turn to begrudgingly. There are only two actual stairmasters, and someone else was on the second best one. My favorite one was not working properly. It's touch screen wasn't working. There is nothing worse than a touch screen not working. I unplugged it, replugged it - to no avail. I approached a fix-it guy and told him about it and he said, "Maybe we need to order a new console." Order a new console?! That sounds like it would take forever. I begged him to try and fix it, and he said he would. Actually I'm not even sure he was the fix-it guy, but . Like this is a catastrophe- I'm so attached to that stairmaster. It's my bestie.

I understand the Matrix better but our relationship still needs work. It has very steep side bars / handles that my hands can't stick to- they get sweaty and slide down. Now normally I'd put a towel but they're so vertical that a towel won't sit on them. I need something that will adhere between me and the bars. Gosh, gonna have to figure that out. Still I pushed my way through it. I did levels 1-6, mainly level 3, heart rate 155.

I have what I think is a post nasal drip, I think from dry heat in our bedroom at night. Oh, gosh. I am prone to lung things, and my lungs are definitely tight. It has not kept me from exercising but definitely makes it harder. I bought some Ayr spray / plain nasal saline spray. I hate when my lungs feel tight. Oh, body, just feel normal

I'm really feeling good about getting in a workout every day of my winter recess! Thanks, everyone, for the companionship and support!

How do I... ?
Old 12-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #4231
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Yesterday was 35 minutes on my fave stairmaster (Pattern: 6-1).

Today was 30 minutes on the Matrix which is a stairmaster knockoff that I only turn to begrudgingly. There are only two actual stairmasters, and someone else was on the second best one. My favorite one was not working properly. It's touch screen wasn't working. There is nothing worse than a touch screen not working. I unplugged it, replugged it - to no avail. I approached a fix-it guy and told him about it and he said, "Maybe we need to order a new console." Order a new console?! That sounds like it would take forever. I begged him to try and fix it, and he said he would. Actually I'm not even sure he was the fix-it guy, but . Like this is a catastrophe- I'm so attached to that stairmaster. It's my bestie.

I understand the Matrix better but our relationship still needs work. It has very steep side bars / handles that my hands can't stick to- they get sweaty and slide down. Now normally I'd put a towel but they're so vertical that a towel won't sit on them. I need something that will adhere between me and the bars. Gosh, gonna have to figure that out. Still I pushed my way through it. I did levels 1-6, mainly level 3, heart rate 155.

I have what I think is a post nasal drip, I think from dry heat in our bedroom at night. Oh, gosh. I am prone to lung things, and my lungs are definitely tight. It has not kept me from exercising but definitely makes it harder. I bought some Ayr spray / plain nasal saline spray. I hate when my lungs feel tight. Oh, body, just feel normal

I'm really feeling good about getting in a workout every day of my winter recess! Thanks, everyone, for the companionship and support!
If you have lung problems,you could try adding a swim into your exercise,"not sure about pools over there"
But swimming will stregthen your lungs,they are muscles,so working the out helps them get stronger.
Sadly I nursed an old dyke mate of mine dying of COPD,and the nurse told me she should not have put herself on oxygen as it weakens the lungs,anyway,swimming also is a great stretch.

cheers
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #4232
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was pretty much the same experience as yesterday only I was better prepared for it to happen. Sigh. The touch screen on the fave StairMaster is still not working, and the 2nd StairMaster was in use. I sent an email to the manager this evening about it. It hasn't even reached the stage of having a sign on it that tells people it's not working .

So it was off to the Matrix ClimbMill. Sigh. I tried to address the steep handles (that are too vertical to hang a towel on) by dampening a towel and then putting it on, but that didn't make it stay on. I just dealt, as one does in life. I did 30 minutes, level 1-5, heart rate 155. I would still like to find a way to make the handles such that I could put my hands on them without having my hands slide down.

In regards to your suggestion that I swim, Vincent, I appreciate it but it actually seemed to have the opposite effect for me. For many years I was a lap swimmer as my primary form of exercise, about an hour a pop, and I think I breathe wrong in the pool because it exacerbated my lung issues. They actually got much better after I stopped swimming, which in fact is why I stopped using swimming as my main activity. Thank you for the thought anyway, though. It is appreciated. I will always gladly take all the advice I can get.

I saw one of my enemies today, Shelly. She is involved in gym drama and also always has a nasty look on her face. I always wear a little backpack that has my water, my ipad, and my headphones in it when I am at the gym. When the Boston Marathon bombing happened, she zeroed in on my BLACK BACKPACK and told me she'd have to complain that I was a danger. Oh, Shelly. So now I wear an adorable minions themed backpack. I was wearing it when I saw her. I gave her a big smile, and she was taken aback, so she gave me a little smile back.

Here's what she looks like and what she does at the gym: White, average weight, almost middle-aged if not middle-aged, very rough face -always scowling, medium length dark hair, a little muscular but nothing to write home about, and kind of graceless. She does pretty hard work-outs with weights and high inclined treadmill activity (among other equipment). She has an annoying, high-pitched cartoon-like voice that doesn't match her look except that both are unpleasant. She is a very consistent gym member. She seems full of anger, but so be it.

How do I... ?
Old 12-30-2018, 06:18 AM   #4233
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

J-girl, it was likely the chemicals in the pool that hurt your lungs. Pools use really harsh chemicals and more so for public pools. The gym I lived near has a heated saltwater pool. That would be a better option if you have any of those near you.

As for myself, I'm just a really poor swimmer so even though I'm super close to one and it's good exercise, I won't use it because...well, I don't want to drown.

My exercise lately hasn't been anything worth writing home about. Mostly work related movement but it's a perfect time to get back into it. If only Mother Nature hadn't dropped a big ole present in my lap yesterday.

Boo.

Hiss.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #4234
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, I walked on the beach and broke in my new walking poles (which I bought last time I was down here) and didn't last too long, in the stormy weather. But it's going to calm down today, and so I will attempt to stay out on the beach longer, and try to walk for a couple of hours. Maybe I will be lucky and find a glass ball float or find some treasure to remind me of my stay at the beach.

After my walking exercise yesterday, I sat in the jacuzzi and it felt sooooo good. Naturally, I will do that again today after spending time out on the beach.

Tomorrow, since I brought my binoculars, I hope to see the Grey Whales (mamma's and their babies) frolicking in the ocean.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #4235
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Had a workout with my trainer two days ago and I am HURTING. Oy she did me in. Like I had a hard time mopping the floor yesterday because of how sore my arms and chest are. But I find that if I take a spin class after, it loosens me up and I don't hurt anymore. So that's up on deck for today.

I have two more sessions with my trainer and then I'm on my own, which is good. I have a notebook full of workouts I can do on my own and feel like I can do it She's been great with teaching me how to use the equipment on the workout floor that I would have otherwise remained intimidated by.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #4236
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Me N scout interval ran 80 mins on the beach,well on the promenade,not on the sand.
then went for a swim after,although Scout was "if there is no ball,im not doing it,"but it was nice to be in the ocean.
yesterday I did 500 metres swim,which is 10 laps olympic swimming pool here.

yes I agree regarding pool chemicals,I dont do well in indoor pools myself,the chlorine,is a bit toxic.
Obviously over there outdoor pools in winter is not possible.
I'm lucky the pool here is 5 min walk from home,so I'm hoping I get there again today,although I am feeling tired from our run.
cheers exercisers............................
Also I thought I would put a link to where In Aust we run

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=K...hrome&ie=UTF-8
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 08:31 PM   #4237
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did 30 minutes on my second favorite stairmaster today, with pattern of levels 7 down to 1, with two minutes on each level. I was just happy it was available, given that my favorite is still broken and still with no sign. It's the holidays so maybe it's in a purgatory of sorts in regard to being acknowledged. I forgot to mention it again on my way out. Sigh.

Then I did 25 minutes on the weight floor. It wasn't too crowded. I ran into Dee, an ultra fit and lean, middle-aged Black woman who is a sharp dresser, the kind you might as well always be saying to: "I love your outfit!" Around Christmas I fucked up with Dee. We were in the elevator and I said, "I love your Christmas outfit!" She smiled and nodded a thanks, adding / correcting me with, "Holiday outfit." Oy! Leave it to me as the Jew to make a Christmas assumption! I went over it in my head for the rest of my time at the gym!

We went to a holiday party today, an open house, and I had to have the longest conversation with a stranger. That was so much more exhausting than working out!

Love ya, exercisers!

How do I... ?
Old 12-30-2018, 08:45 PM   #4238
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I pulled cut down branches/trees into the burn pile. Also put up all new blinds in my new house.

This might not sound like much but with my situation whew! It was a lot, especially the trees. My abdomen is sore but I’m happy I did it. I feel good.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #4239
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the Matrix ClimbMill.* I did levels 1-6. My fave stairmaster now has an "out of order" sign on it (progress!) and the stairmaster next to it was of course, in use.

Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor.

In the locker room, a few of the regulars were there:

Judith- reading the newspaper
Marilyn- incessantly chattering as usual, unaware of anyone else as individuals
Miriam- wished me a happy New Years and confirmed that I'd be in tomorrow

*I just looked it up to see the spelling and saw that the Matrix ClimbMill retails for 4000 dollars. Maybe I should appreciate it more

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 11:17 PM   #4240
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

ours was an 80 min interval run,and it was hot,a swim for Scout at the beach and some chasing of the ball,TBH,the water cooled us both down.

then 500 metre swim

I'm officially trashed,too hot today

well,thats my exercise Jan 1 2019

Happy New Year To all

From Me N Scout
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights