Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #41
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
Recently, I have been afflicted with the most horrific chapped skin ever.

I don't know why it's so horrific this year, but my hands are chapped and dry to the point of bleeding.

It's really unattractive.

I have tried lotioning frequently, but not to excess.

I dry my hands immediately after washing, I never let them air dry in the cold. I do not use hand sanitizers very often, since my skin has shown signs of resentment.

I wear (really cute) gloves outside.

Please.

Save my skin.

Give me your secret skin tips.

*The chapped broken skin is limited to the tops of my hands

**This is in the femme section, not because butches don't have hands or skin but because I am a femme and this is myyyyyyyy thread. Your secret skin tips are welcome, too, gents.

I only have one tip ...I use Neutrogena hand cream. Its the only thing that works for me.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #42
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

*bumpity bump bump*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #43
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
*sidles into Femme zone*

ebay is your body product ingredient friend.

Try mixing (food grade) cocoa butter with some shea/almond/avocado/apricot (et al) butter. These items are all available on ebay (uk - and I'm sure on ebay usa) and cheap enough -usually - to try experimenting with the mix of butters that suit you.

Or go the oil route and find the mix of oils that work for your skin.

There are numerous websites dedicated to making your own skin products.

*sidles out again*

Extra Virgin Olive oil mixed with above Butters and oil, along with a few drops of any or a blend of essential oils of Chamomile, Lavender Rose, Jasmine, Geranium and/or Palmarosa.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #44
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Look up freederm. It is only available online, and is made for psoriasis. this stuff works wonders! Remember to only use a little bit. It usually only take 3-4 days for the cracks to heal up. It also works wonders on poison ivy.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am searching for a new face lotion that has a solid SPF (20-30) and won't irritate my eyes. I have super sensitive skin and have been using Oil of Olay for decades but want something with a better SPF. Any recommendations?
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #46
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default no one mentioned this so......

At the end of the day, cuz Im blue collar, I take rubber or latex gloves out. Lather my hands up with bag balm or whatever and put the gloves on. Grease and gloves. If you can fall asleep with those pesky gloves on like one to three nites a week...it.holds the moisture. I can only do it like an hour bcuzz my hands get claustrophobic and I rip em off but even that long produces a noticable difference in feeling and texture.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #47
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
I am searching for a new face lotion that has a solid SPF (20-30) and won't irritate my eyes. I have super sensitive skin and have been using Oil of Olay for decades but want something with a better SPF. Any recommendations?
I like Neutrogena sensitive skin sunblock spf 30. My skin can get sensitive too, and I find that this one has never irritated me, and it's reasonably priced.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #48
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

I struggle with my rosacea more and more. Coupled with my SLS and other allergies I find few products my skin will tolerate. I do like the specific products by ZenMed made for sensitive rosacea skin. The have a daily moisturizer with 30 spf that I really like. My favorite is the face cleansing cream and support serum. Since 30 spf is not enough (once spring hits I gotta bump up the spf) I get to use their mineral 40 spf on top of the support serum now.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #49
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Yey! Cosmetics talk!

Or chick sh!t as I like to call it... Yes, do share all your secrets ladies!

I am always scoping out websites like www.totalbeauty.com and reading the labels on anything new on the shelves. Yep, I am on the eternal lookout for the perfect moisturizer for dry skin that is for sensitive skin, fragrance free, no chemical sunscreens, preferably natural ingredients... And did I mention it has to be under $20 and I gotta have it in hand immediately. Yeah...

So far I haven't found it. But if it's fragrance free and reasonably priced you can bet I have tried it. I can't say what my skin care routine is because it changes, I get bored with what I am using, but my drugstore picks are Olay, Cetaphil, Eucerin, and CeraVe.
My "botique" brands of preference are Clinique, Weleda, Aveda, and L'Occitan.

I also use grape seed oil, it is light and odorless. I will mix in a little body oil from Weleda or Aveda to strecth out the splurge. I really would use home made natural products but a lot makes me break out.

And the best skin comes from within, it's all about a healthy diet and lifestyle!
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #50
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer almond oil, or coconut oil for when my skin plays up.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #51
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, so I need a little advice and not knowing where to post this, since it is skin, I am hoping someone might point me in the right direction.. Apparently I got into poison ivy. It is on both my fore arms and seems to be spreading. I itch like crazy and anti-itch cream isn't doing a thing. I tried Benadryl cream and it isn't working either. Does this just have to run it's course or is there anything I can put on it to 1. stop the itch and 2. make it go away?!
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #52
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Ok, so I need a little advice and not knowing where to post this, since it is skin, I am hoping someone might point me in the right direction.. Apparently I got into poison ivy. It is on both my fore arms and seems to be spreading. I itch like crazy and anti-itch cream isn't doing a thing. I tried Benadryl cream and it isn't working either. Does this just have to run it's course or is there anything I can put on it to 1. stop the itch and 2. make it go away?!
Jo, stop using the Benadryl. You need to wash that stuff off, it is a oil and you are just spreading it. I had it once while living in Oregon. If you have a rite aid or some kind of pharmacy type store, they can help you. I can't remember the name of the stuff I used, but it dried it out pretty fast. Found it, Ivarest or anything like that. You can also try some calomine lotion. But you really need to find one of the foam cleaners to remove the oil... I am by no means a doctor, I hope someone else can come in and offer you up other ways to treat it. Good luck and keep us posted.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #53
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
Jo, stop using the Benadryl. You need to wash that stuff off, it is a oil and you are just spreading it. I had it once while living in Oregon. If you have a rite aid or some kind of pharmacy type store, they can help you. I can't remember the name of the stuff I used, but it dried it out pretty fast. Found it, Ivarest or anything like that. You can also try some calomine lotion. But you really need to find one of the foam cleaners to remove the oil... I am by no means a doctor, I hope someone else can come in and offer you up other ways to treat it. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you. I think I will make a trip to Rite Aid. I have washed it off!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #54
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post

Just to pass on if anyone else runs into this. A friend of mine said to use a baking soda paste...I didn't have baking soda in the house but I did have baking powder and well, I dunno if there is a difference, but the itching has really been reduced!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just to pass on if anyone else runs into this. A friend of mine said to use a baking soda paste...I didn't have baking soda in the house but I did have baking powder and well, I dunno if there is a difference, but the itching has really been reduced!
Definitely go to a pharmacy and check out the products. The baking soda paste may help with the itching, but you need to get something to specifically dry the skin out in order for it to heal. Good luck. Posion Ivy sucks. My gf just got done with it and it was hell for her as she is allergic to it.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #56
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Definitely go to a pharmacy and check out the products. The baking soda paste may help with the itching, but you need to get something to specifically dry the skin out in order for it to heal. Good luck. Posion Ivy sucks. My gf just got done with it and it was hell for her as she is allergic to it.
Thanks and I will, but just getting relief right now was a huge help.
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #57
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Cover cover cover! I looked like a walking mummy because I covered my rash first with calamine and then gauze so nothing would brush up against those areas and make it itchy or open any blisters. I also washed everything I came in contact with.... Sheets, towels, clothes, washcloths after every use. I like ivy dry cream, if you can find it. I am extremely allergic so I soooo sympathize with you. My rash was so bad this last time I had to go on prednisone. Good luck and I hope it goes away soon!!! Eta: I had poison oak this last time, not ivy, that's why it got so bad. Also, put ice packs on it if it gets really itchy, it helps a lot!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #58
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default want to say...

How wonderful life is with femmes. I like my dude friends of all types and walks of life and I enjoy our time. It is essential. The way I need to be around femmes is I feel safe and nurtured. I know many times out in public; I can let all the head stuff go and she will handle things. It is like I can relax inside her territory. I feel safe. I can breath. I know she has this whether it is children, shopping, or remembering that thing Im not supposed to forget.

Femmes are brave and bold and brazen and good fighters. Their perspective is one of survival. In our world here the femmes united is a remarkable and beautiful sisterhood. It is attractive and exciting and safe. It is a vacation. Going to the reunion last year...I became aware of how like going to a family gathering it was rolling up to the Peabody Hotel. I had four aunts growing. They handled everything and were so much fun to be around while they handled everything. Thankyou for being who you all are out in the world. A special thank- you to my partner in crime...sierragirrl for adventuring the world a little closer to home this summer.....I appreciate that honey! I know you are just always agreeable and pleasant about changes. I know no matter what is happening in your house or life that if I need to rest and hide from the world's judgement...your house...your recliner...your blankets...your food...your children...your lil dog..you will love me unconditionally

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #59
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Cover cover cover! I looked like a walking mummy because I covered my rash first with calamine and then gauze so nothing would brush up against those areas and make it itchy or open any blisters. I also washed everything I came in contact with.... Sheets, towels, clothes, washcloths after every use. I like ivy dry cream, if you can find it. I am extremely allergic so I soooo sympathize with you. My rash was so bad this last time I had to go on prednisone. Good luck and I hope it goes away soon!!! Eta: I had poison oak this last time, not ivy, that's why it got so bad. Also, put ice packs on it if it gets really itchy, it helps a lot!

I did finally go to an urgent care center after work and she prescribed prednisone. While I was getting it filled, I picked up Ivarest and this really awesome scrub. Tecnu Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub. It says it works in 15 seconds and it did!. It felt really good ...Almost orgasmic!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #60
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I did finally go to an urgent care center after work and she prescribed prednisone. While I was getting it filled, I picked up Ivarest and this really awesome scrub. Tecnu Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub. It says it works in 15 seconds and it did!. It felt really good ...Almost orgasmic!
Technu is the best! They have a lotion that you can use if you are hiking and bumped some poison oak. I have had poison oak so many times. I always had it as a kid and then as an adult I would get it from my dogs. I would wash with Technu in a lukewarm shower. Lukewarm is important because hot water will spread the oil.

Sea Breeze is an astringent and it works great on poison oak. I would carry it around with cotton swabs and put it on when it got really itchy. I don't know if they even make it anymore.

Hope it clears up soon!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: