Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > California Forums

Old 09-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Brown - Whitman Gubernatorial Race

Post any info. on our gubernatorial race....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Brown, Meg Whitman debate. & the winner is
......Jerry Brown.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=brown+whitman+debate&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE8SRC

Meg Whitman was too canned and promised too much.I am still waiting to see a sign that Whitman understands the issues a layer deeper than her consultant-driven talking points. And when you try to add up her promises, well, they don't add up.

I want a governor who will tell voters what they don't want to hear.

The highlight of the debate came in the middle when NPR's Marianne Russ asked Brown if he would roll back all of the funding cuts to higher education to UC, CSU community colleges.

Brown's answer, "Not my first year, not with a $19 billion deficit. We have to get real here. I certainly don't want to see them go up."

Brown also said, "Look, I'd love to roll back the fees. I'd love to have a freeze. But that would require the university either becoming a lot more efficient than it is or the state finding billions of dollars that it doesn't yet have."

Whitman talked of her plan to put $1 billion into higher education.

She talked of her plan to cut welfare and put the savings, not into the General Fund, not to the shortfall, but to higher education.

Does that mean lower tuition?

"I would put it to the chancellors and say how do you think we should best use this money."

In response to a later question, Whitman promised, "In fact, we are going to upend the status quo." How about upending the script?

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz10wfvtepo
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default Radio Debate in San Francisco

Meg, Jerry and Ronn, October 5

KGO Newstalk 810 talk host Ronn Owens has confirmed that the candidates running for California Governor, Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman, are scheduled to debate on the Ronn Owens program on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 10:00 a.m.

On the debate taking place on the program, Ronn Owens' producer, Mark Silverman said, "I'm excited that the pieces have fallen into place for the debate. Both campaigns have been great in working with us to put together an event available for the state to hear."

In his 35 years at KGO Newstalk 810, Ronn Owens has had thousands of guests on his program including Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Steve Martin, Condoleezza Rice, Benjamin Netanyahu, John McCain, Joe Montana, Tony Bennett, Jimmy Carter, secretaries of state, CIA directors and community leaders.

Ronn said of the upcoming debate, "I truly appreciate the confidence both campaigns have in me to be fair and impartial. And I will be."

Sponsored in part by Dale Carnegie Training and the Law Offices of Stephen Moskowitz.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Looks like brown has taken a good lead!! The Latino voters are showing solid support for him now. GOOD!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote