Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #81
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Hey there Linus. I've had this problem for a while now but it's getting worse and is making the site almost unbearable to use.

In Firefox, Safari or Chrome (all current versions), after I've been logged in a short time the site gets slower and slower taking minutes to load one page if it loads at all. It'll do this for an hour then load a couple of pages instantly only to return rapidly to making me want to throw a brick through my screen.

This is the only site that it happens on for me. I clear my cookies, cache and history regularly - two or three times a week, run scripts regularly and repair permissions.

I'm using OSX 10.6.8

ps. I won't sully my mac with IE to see if that improves matters.

I've just had a play on my windows laptop and whilst the site functions slightly quicker than the interminable slowness on my iMac it still functions slower than any other site.

There's a special box of, rolled on the naked thighs of virgins, cigars in it for you if you can save me the horror of having to phone my ISP, in one of their overseas call centres, at a wallet crunching rate per minute to ask them why the hell one site won't function properly.

Ta ever so in advance

I use a Mac (10.6.8) and use Firefox 7.0.1 without problems. That said, there may be something specific on your system. Take a look at this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

A search showed that it was consistently a DNS issue. (Domain Name resolution issue).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #82
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I use a Mac (10.6.8) and use Firefox 7.0.1 without problems. That said, there may be something specific on your system. Take a look at this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

A search showed that it was consistently a DNS issue. (Domain Name resolution issue).

Cheers Linus

I've deleted the file the thread you posted suggests and I've turned off IPv6. Let's hope that makes a difference because I'm getting to the point I don't want to log on. It is just this site that's the problem, no other.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #83
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe I wasnt meant to chat..dunno. Anyways still the same problem when I try to get into chat. the chat screen is so big I cant see the text box at the bottom(thats when I click float). When I just click enter chat room it doesnt go anywhere nothing happens
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #84
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post

Cheers Linus

I've deleted the file the thread you posted suggests and I've turned off IPv6. Let's hope that makes a difference because I'm getting to the point I don't want to log on. It is just this site that's the problem, no other.
Beyond what I've got there, I don't know what to suggest. I haven't heard of too many people having issues and most of the issues that are reported seem location specific rather than site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
Maybe I wasnt meant to chat..dunno. Anyways still the same problem when I try to get into chat. the chat screen is so big I cant see the text box at the bottom(thats when I click float). When I just click enter chat room it doesnt go anywhere nothing happens
Inuus: what browser (Firefox, Safari, IE, etc.) are you using? And how recent is your java on your system? Do you have java installed?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #85
Alurra

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Single and social!

Thanked 1,264 Times in 348 Posts
Alurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST ReputationAlurra Has the BEST Reputation
Smile resizing html

I figured out how to post gifs! (With a little help from Princessbelle).
Is there a way to size them down using html?

They are kind of annoying huge.

Thanks a lot

We don’t see things as they are,
we see them as we are. ~ Anais Nin
Alurra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #86
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alurra View Post

I figured out how to post gifs! (With a little help from Princessbelle).
Is there a way to size them down using html?

They are kind of annoying huge.

Thanks a lot

Resize them before posting them. So put them on a place like Imageshack or flickr and get the link from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #87
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Beyond what I've got there, I don't know what to suggest. I haven't heard of too many people having issues and most of the issues that are reported seem location specific rather than site.

Inuus: what browser (Firefox, Safari, IE, etc.) are you using? And how recent is your java on your system? Do you have java installed?

I use Firefox and yes everything is updated. Its weird I can chat at other sites just not here. Not sure if its just me but also if I click on see whos chatting I get an error page
Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #88
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
I use Firefox and yes everything is updated. Its weird I can chat at other sites just not here. Not sure if its just me but also if I click on see whos chatting I get an error page
Are you trying this from the front page? If so, that's always been problematic.

Try going into the forum area and click on the links on the menu bar from there.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #89
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Linus...

I finally did an actual membership and then did an album of pics in the gallery. It doesn't seem to be showing however. Is there something else I need to do?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #90
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Hey Linus...

I finally did an actual membership and then did an album of pics in the gallery. It doesn't seem to be showing however. Is there something else I need to do?

You posted 3 pics? I see them. Is it more than that?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #91
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You posted 3 pics? I see them. Is it more than that?
There's 3 regular gallery pics and then an album (that I can see on my profile page but doesn't seem to be showing in the gallery) of our Bahamas pics.

The regular gallery pics show....but the album seems to be hiding.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #92
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
There's 3 regular gallery pics and then an album (that I can see on my profile page but doesn't seem to be showing in the gallery) of our Bahamas pics.

The regular gallery pics show....but the album seems to be hiding.
Ah.. now I see. You've posted it into the album on your profile. This is different from the Gallery. You need to go where you posted those 3 pictures and create an album there and post there for those pictures to appear there.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #93
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Ah.. now I see. You've posted it into the album on your profile. This is different from the Gallery. You need to go where you posted those 3 pictures and create an album there and post there for those pictures to appear there.
Oooooo.....thank you.

<-- operator error face
Old 10-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #94
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Fixed, I believe. Check now!

It Woiked, It Woiked, By Golly, It Woiked...Thank you Linus!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #95
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Linus I adjusted my screen size to 1024x768 and now I can see the text box to type. But I have limited eyesight and this makes it hard to see the forum part not the chat...so I guess if I want to chat I will need to adjust off 800x600 resolution. Frankly not sure chat is worth it..lol Just thought i would tell you what the "fix" was in case someone else asks
Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #96
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Could you please tell me how to create a link to an individual post?

I would like to know how to do this both within a thread and also from a different thread.

Thank you
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #97
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Could you please tell me how to create a link to an individual post?

I would like to know how to do this both within a thread and also from a different thread.

Thank you
If you take a look at your post, you should see the number 101. Each post has a unique identifying number for it within the thread. Clicking on that will show that post by itself. You can then link that like you would other URLs.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #98
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

How simple is that?

Never would have sorted that on my own.

Thank you
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #99
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

What's the skinny with the chat room? I can't even get the "float"
to load. Is the addon broken??

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #100
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post

What's the skinny with the chat room? I can't even get the "float"
to load. Is the addon broken??
If you are attempting this from the front page, that doesn't work. Make sure you try it from within the forum areas.

Tags
forum geek, forum help