Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #101
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

How in the world do I add pictures to a post?

I clicked on the insert little envelope thing but what URL do I use?

I figured out how to upload my avatar and to put some pictures in my gallery but that is about it.

I also need to know how to add an album of pictures. It is so frustrating to me to not know how to do something (recovering perfectionist and all).

I am technologically challenged!

Help!

Thanks in advance tech guru!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #102
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
How in the world do I add pictures to a post?

I clicked on the insert little envelope thing but what URL do I use?

I figured out how to upload my avatar and to put some pictures in my gallery but that is about it.

I also need to know how to add an album of pictures. It is so frustrating to me to not know how to do something (recovering perfectionist and all).

I am technologically challenged!

Help!

Thanks in advance tech guru!
The URL you use should end with jpg or gif. So, for example, I would use (without the space) http: //icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/f304c678-2c22-442e-a18f-83237ec2f038.jpg in the picture box (which enters IMG tags and puts the URL between them)

[img] http: //icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/f304c678-2c22-442e-a18f-83237ec2f038.jpg [ /img]

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #103
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi

I have gone into advanced search and set up and saved a particular search for future reference.

How do I then use it? I don't see where I access "saved searches"

Thank you
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #104
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Hi

I have gone into advanced search and set up and saved a particular search for future reference.

How do I then use it? I don't see where I access "saved searches"

Thank you
I've checked and apparently it's a bug so massive it goes right to the latest version of vBulletin (4.x).

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #105
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oops! Sorry about that.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #106
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I noticed this last night, checked to make sure I wasn't in trouble and forgot about it, but it's still happening this morning.

When I click "Thanks" on a post, it does post the thanks, but it immediately redirects me to an error message:

Quote:
Nat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
- Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I tested this out on several different posts by different people, and one time it didn't redirect to the error and the 5? other times it did.

Am I in troubles?

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #107
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I noticed this last night, checked to make sure I wasn't in trouble and forgot about it, but it's still happening this morning.

When I click "Thanks" on a post, it does post the thanks, but it immediately redirects me to an error message:

I tested this out on several different posts by different people, and one time it didn't redirect to the error and the 5? other times it did.

Am I in troubles?
If the person is timed out this error can show as well if they aren't approved (this can happen when people change their email and end up in the "Awaiting for Email Verification" group).

It's not you.. It's them.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #108
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
If the person is timed out this error can show as well if they aren't approved (this can happen when people change their email and end up in the "Awaiting for Email Verification" group).

These are long time posters I think. I will try again tonight and see if it's still happening.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 12-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #109
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Ive seen this happen before when people have issues with their cookies. Were you logged in under a firewall by chance?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #110
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Can you pretty please move buzz cut from where it currently is and move it under butches in the smilies?

Please? I nearly lose my sight trying to find it on my iPhone each time.

Thank you!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #111
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

I will check around to see if I've somehow got a firewall going or some weird cookie setting. It's definitely still happening - it happened today on two of our lady Medusa/Angie's posts and I'm pretty sure she hasn't done anything wrong.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #112
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Quote:

Hi Linus

This doesn't consistently happen to me, but it did happen to me today. When I thanked YOU. The thanks still posted, but I was redirected to the page I mentioned.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 01-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #113
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Quote:

Hi Linus

This doesn't consistently happen to me, but it did happen to me today. When I thanked YOU. The thanks still posted, but I was redirected to the page I mentioned.

----------

It also wouldn't let me post this because it said I had to wait 30 seconds from my last post, but my last post wasn't THAT recent.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #114
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi Linus

----------

It also wouldn't let me post this because it said I had to wait 30 seconds from my last post, but my last post wasn't THAT recent.
I keep being redirected to sign in....it's happening on the other forums that use this host site. I've cleared cookies, so, hopefully that should cure it!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #115
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Hi Linus

----------

Try clearing out all cookies as we did some changes to them. So that might be causing some issues.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #116
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I keep being redirected to sign in....it's happening on the other forums that use this host site. I've cleared cookies, so, hopefully that should cure it!
That behaviour is pretty much 99% cookies. If it still happens, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #117
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That behaviour is pretty much 99% cookies. If it still happens, let me know.
Thank you! It usually happens when I post a lot on the other forums that use V Bulletin....I'm collecting too many cookies and I don't even like them! LOL!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #118
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Linus,

I was wondering if you could help me.

How is it that I respond to a profile message left by Betenoire and it appears in some other profile?

What I did was click on conversation from my profile and responded from there, so I don't understand how that happened.

This is now causing me a headache. Could you please help?
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #119
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Hi Linus,

I was wondering if you could help me.

How is it that I respond to a profile message left by Betenoire and it appears in some other profile?

What I did was click on conversation from my profile and responded from there, so I don't understand how that happened.

This is now causing me a headache. Could you please help?
On who's profile did it end up on instead?

Old 01-07-2012, 04:49 AM   #120
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Linus, i'm just curious but why was there a few "GoogleSpider" and a couple "MSNSpiderBot" listed on the member online thingy ma bob??? What are those...inquiring minds wanna know lol

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum geek, forum help