Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #61
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation
Default Made this for dinner tnight

4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
4 yukon potatoes sliced thin
Half a sweet onion
Cup of sliced portobello mushrooms
Fresh oregano
2 Tbl butter

Brown the chicken in a skillet for about 2 minutes each side. Spray entire crockpot with no-stick spray then place the potatoes on the bottom of crockpot. Then add chicken. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place 4 sprigs of fresh oregano across the chicken. Add mushrooms and onions. Put a few pats of butter on top. Cook on high for two hours, then low for 4 hours or until chicken is done.
Its a one pot meal and delicious. And when you serve it to your sweety they will like it so much they will give you a BIG ole

Last edited by Lady Jewel; 02-04-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #62
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Slow Cooker Jambalaya

Make this Cajun/Creole dish as spicy as you like.

Makes: 8 servings

1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (28 ounces) Progresso diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
3/4 pound uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
4 cups hot cooked rice

1. Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.

3. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm. Serve jambalaya with rice.

Spray the inside of a 1/2-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. For each serving press the hot rice into the cup. Place the cup upside down in the bottom of a bowl, and unmold the rice. Spoon the jambalaya around the mound of rice. Serve with warm crusty French bread.

Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 265 (Calories from Fat 100 ); Total Fat 11 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 710 mg; Total Carbohydrate 31 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 12 g

Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8 %; Vitamin C 24 %; Calcium 6 %; Iron 16 %

Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 High-Fat Meat
If you had a picture of this, I'd lick the screen. Seriously.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #63
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Crab Soup for tomorrow

•2 cups crabmeat, flaked and picked
•2 cups milk
•2 cups half-and-half
•3 tablespoons butter
•2 strips of lemon peel
•1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
•salt and pepper
•2 tablespoons dry sherry
•1/2 cup saltine crackers
Preparation:
Combine all ingredients except sherry and crushed crackers in slow cooker; stir to blend ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours. Just before serving, stir in sherry and cracker crumbs to thicken.
Makes about 6 to 8 servings. As a variation, add cooked shrimp to this soup about 30 minutes before serving time
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #64
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
•2 cups crabmeat, flaked and picked
•2 cups milk
•2 cups half-and-half
•3 tablespoons butter
•2 strips of lemon peel
•1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
•salt and pepper
•2 tablespoons dry sherry
•1/2 cup saltine crackers
Preparation:
Combine all ingredients except sherry and crushed crackers in slow cooker; stir to blend ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 5 hours. Just before serving, stir in sherry and cracker crumbs to thicken.
Makes about 6 to 8 servings. As a variation, add cooked shrimp to this soup about 30 minutes before serving time

This sounds yummy.....some days I wished I lived closer

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #65
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Awww me too my friend, but yanno no matter where
we are our door is open to you
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #66
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

bumps this and subscribes, I will be adding some things here myself

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #67
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Ooooooooh I like this thread; I'll be buying one of these soon so these recipes are welcome

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #68
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

10 of Pentacles Pulled Pork

6 lb pork roast
2 onions, sliced, divided
1 onion, chopped
1 TBS chopped Garlic
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1/2 C honey
1 C water
2 16 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Slice up the two onions nice and thin. Spread one of them on the bottom of the crock pot. Put the pork roast in (I usually go for a shoulder roast) with the fat side up. This way the fat will run down and make your meat nice and tender.

Pour in vinegar and water. Then pour the honey over the top of the roast. Add the chopped garlic to the top of the roast. Put the other onion on top of the roast. You can add salt and pepper here if you like. I don’t.

Put the lid on the crockpot and turn it on low. For a 6 lb piece of meat, you want to cook it at least 10-12 hours. This is reminiscent of the work you do to get to the 10 of Pentacles point in your life. You have to wait for the goodness that is pulled pork!

When the time is done, turn the heat off and walk away for at least an hour. This is for two reasons. One, you want it to cool a bit. Two, by letting it sit, you are letting the juice go back into the meat and it will be better for it.

Scrape the onions on the top to the side. Then pull the fat layer off and lay it to the side. If you have dogs or cats, they can have a SMALL piece each. I’m talking a 1-2″ square max unless you really really like a sick pet that you have to clean up after. EWWW ARWEN! This is a recipe for Gods’ sake. Sorry, but that had to be said.

Now take two forks and start pulling. If you have never done this, you will get a kick out of how easy this is! Make sure you pull the bones out and throw them away (or save them to make a soup stock with since the marrow will be heavenly at this point.)

Once the meat is shredded, depending on your time, you can add the BBQ sauce. Then you want to turn that slow cooker back on low for another 4-6 hours. This will let that sauce soak in so deep. Mmmm!

Serve with hamburger buns, coleslaw and extra napkins!

ENJOY!

See the full post here which includes a narrative on this dish and the card.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #69
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

For those who have a slow cooker, what size would you all recommend??

Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #70
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Shoney's Beef Cabbage Soup recipe is fabulous. You can easily google it. My apologies for not typing it into this post but am using a cell phone.

I prefer using the light colored kidney beans. The dark ones are a bit strong flavored for me. You will not regret giving this recipe a go. A friend at work told me she adds a can of niblets corn to hers.

Edit

Hey Leigh, here is the cooker I would recommend. (And I like the dial over the digital heat speed.)

Hamilton Beach 6 quart with the fasten down lid. You can take it while your food is hot to potluck parties. I believe I could roll my truck on the way to an eating party and nothing would spill out. *laughing*
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #71
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
For those who have a slow cooker, what size would you all recommend??
I recommend the largest your kitchen can accommodate. Mine will cook a large chicken or a small turkey.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #72
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

AWESOME RECIPES ALL...

Perfect time of the year to break out the slow cooker!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #73
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

I've got a Hamilton Beach 5 quart travel one.

This weekends slow cooker is lasagna .. It's a friends dish

Ricotta cheese and mix one egg and basil.
Layer starting with sauce the key is exta sauce in crookpot lasagna so it doesn't stick.
I usually break my uncooked lasagna noodles into pieces.
Then add clumps of the ricotta mix add a bunch of sauce and go until you run out.

Cook on low all day.

Wish me luck !

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #74
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

so i can prob toss a turkey breast in there to cook huh? it sounded good at the store its been in the freezer waiting for me to figure out a way to cook it.can you toss tatters and carrots in with it ya think?
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #75
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierragirrl View Post
so i can prob toss a turkey breast in there to cook huh? it sounded good at the store its been in the freezer waiting for me to figure out a way to cook it.can you toss tatters and carrots in with it ya think?
you sure can... anything you want to cook with it.

i like to cook a chicken then bone it for eats, and use the stock for soup.
yum!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #76
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Non-Cook Crock Pot Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Come on Brudder. Road trip
Quote:
Awww me too my friend, but yanno no matter where
we are our door is open to you
Knock Knock. Brudder & I r here
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Red-Flag- View Post
bumps this and subscribes, I will be adding some things here myself

bumps this and subscribes, I will be READING some things here . Maybe even try some of the easy ones. I have a Football Crock Pot. Brown with stripes on it
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #77
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Everybody has a favorite pulled pork recipe Mine is so easy you will be shocked...

Put pork roast (I usually do a pork loin roast) in crockpot
add about 16 oz of Dr. Pepper (or Cola)
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Remove the roast and drain the soda. Then add that sucker back into the crockpot, shred it and add a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (mine is KC Masterpiece).

Voila! My friends go nuts for this
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #78
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I am all about the super easy recipes! D's favorite is roast and rice & gravy. Here ya go...

Put roast (I like a shoulder roast with not a lot of fat) in crockpot.
add 1 package of dry brown gravy and 1 package of dry mushroom gravy
add about two cups of water
flip that roast a couple time to coat with gravy mixture and leave fat side on top.

Cover and cook about 8 - 10 hours (depending on the size). It will be so juicy it freaking falls apart. Serve over rice or egg noodles
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #79
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is a little more complicated but worth the trouble. I like to fire roast a bunch of veggies- eggplant, zucchini, squash, turnips, onions. I have a big grill basket and get the fire on my grill or pit really hot, even flaming and then shake my basket and get them nice and roasted with a little EVOO.

I throw them all in the crock after, add canned diced tomatoes (I use fire roasted organic diced tomatoes) garlic, fresh rosemary, fresh basil, a little oregano, salt and pepper. Sometimes a little chicken stock and red wine. I let it cook for a long time, most of the day. I serve it like a stew and put a big chunk of goat cheese on top.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #80
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Hey Leigh, here is the cooker I would recommend. (And I like the dial over the digital heat speed.)

Hamilton Beach 6 quart with the fasten down lid. You can take it while your food is hot to potluck parties. I believe I could roll my truck on the way to an eating party and nothing would spill out. *laughing*
I will certainly look into that thanks Brock, and lets hope you never find out if anything will spill out into your truck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen
I recommend the largest your kitchen can accommodate. Mine will cook a large chicken or a small turkey.
I'll be looking more into sizes and what not to see what will fit in the kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Red-Flag-
I've got a Hamilton Beach 5 quart travel one.

This weekends slow cooker is lasagna .. It's a friends dish

Ricotta cheese and mix one egg and basil.
Layer starting with sauce the key is exta sauce in crookpot lasagna so it doesn't stick.
I usually break my uncooked lasagna noodles into pieces.
Then add clumps of the ricotta mix add a bunch of sauce and go until you run out.

Cook on low all day.

Wish me luck !
Good luck Red, that sounds amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee
Everybody has a favorite pulled pork recipe Mine is so easy you will be shocked...

Put pork roast (I usually do a pork loin roast) in crockpot
add about 16 oz of Dr. Pepper (or Cola)
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Remove the roast and drain the soda. Then add that sucker back into the crockpot, shred it and add a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (mine is KC Masterpiece).

Voila! My friends go nuts for this
Oooooooh that sounds totally droolworthy Pinkie, this may just be one of the first things I try once I do buy a slow cooker

The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: