Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #1621
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

OK, just so I am clear:

we can do

1. 1 page per letter right?

That is what I want to do.

or we can just do a few pages or even just one page.

2. It has to be 8x11.5 or smaller

if it is smaller Pixie will mount them? (so she has some uniformity?)

3. Think it is awesome Pixie will post book on line!!!

4. People remember to sign (user or real) your work on the FRONT
so people know who did what!!!

Maybe we give Pixie permission to put usernames on those that forget
unless you specifically say you don't want your name on yours. Did that make sense?

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #1622
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=cara;282329]The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

Deadline to Pixie: August 1, 2011

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie
5. cara
6. Amiyesiam

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #1623
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Going for supplies
ye gods anther excuse to buy craft stuff

Dear Corkey
I am afraid nothing I have will work for this project
I am going to need lots of new stuff
Love
your crafter

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #1624
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:
very married lesbian couple-there are two of us that use this site

Thanked 1,579 Times in 517 Posts
lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=amiyesiam;282368]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie
5. cara
6. Amiyesiam

Hi everyone!....We want in.....Sooooo.....Please sign us up.....Thanks for the info, and Pixie, we will be in touch with you in the next fews again about the binding of the book....Now, that we have more to go on, my honey and I will be able to offer you more ideas than what we have been discussing already....
lionpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #1625
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

lionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputationlionpaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

Dear Corkey
Love
your crafter

Dear Ami and Corkey
You are both making us laugh on this one....Any reason is a good reason to shop til we drop.....We might have some new stuff to share with you folks....Because............We did it again.....We went shopping today....
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #1626
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=amiyesiam;282368][QUOTE=cara;282329]The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie
5. cara
6. Amiyesiam
7.Lionpaw
8.Corkey
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #1627
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Dear Corkey
Love
your crafter

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #1628
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
WOOOT stoked!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the info.....We were talking over tonight the approach we would take for this project, and we have some questions...We hope this is still open for discussion too....We mean this in a good way, and we are not trying to second guess anyone.....But, it dawned on us that say you have ten people participating with one page each times six letters (that's not including the calculations of those that chose not to do all six letters) you are looking at 60 pages to bind....And it doubles and triples incrementally when you add two or more pages per person etc....

The bind it machines do only 20 pages at one time....You wouldn't be able to fit all the chapters in one book....So, does this mean you are taking the 8.5"x11" pages and gluing them into a larger artist sketch pad that accomodates a maximum of 180 pages at least?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #1629
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionpaw View Post
Hi everyone! Thanks for the info.....We were talking over tonight the approach we would take for this project, and we have some questions...We hope this is still open for discussion too....We mean this in a good way, and we are not trying to second guess anyone.....But, it dawned on us that say you have ten people participating with one page each times six letters (that's not including the calculations of those that chose not to do all six letters) you are looking at 60 pages to bind....And it doubles and triples incrementally when you add two or more pages per person etc....

The bind it machines do only 20 pages at one time....You wouldn't be able to fit all the chapters in one book....So, does this mean you are taking the 8.5"x11" pages and gluing them into a larger artist sketch pad that accomodates a maximum of 180 pages at least?
Wez already addressed this LOL
not everyone wants to do 6 pages

and wez don't know how the magical Pixie is going to do it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #1630
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Wez already addressed this LOL
not everyone wants to do 6 pages

and wez don't know how the magical Pixie is going to do it

We sawz datz.....But my scientific brain went into calculator mode, and datz why we are asking....A mini-book of 6 pages (which is more like 12 pages front and back) done by hand is a task in itself....And this dear friend, is a ginormous book....I guess we are asking folks for their suggestions too for Pixie to consider....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #1631
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Personally speaking.....

I have decided to do one page of each letter....that works for me. I know it doesn't work for everyone.

It's all good, though, right?

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #1632
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I have included my name for this project. I will go back and read more of the description when I get home from work. Have a fantastic day!

[quote=Corkey;282510][QUOTE=amiyesiam;282368]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
The Planet: A Book Created by Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types

Chapters
1~P
2~L
3~A
4~N
5~E
6~T

SIGNUP Below:
1. Tommi
2. jennifer
3. Diva
4. pixie
5. cara
6. Amiyesiam
7.Lionpaw
8.Corkey
9.justkim
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #1633
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionpaw View Post

What if everyone did a page for all six letters and each person’s six pages were bound together as a mini-book and then all ten mini-books were part of one auction item. OR everyone does a page for each letter and everyone's page for the same letter is bound together, so we'd have a mini-book for each P~L~A~N~E~T letter and they would all be one donation item?

I'm guessing that it would be more expensive and time consuming this way, but it would keep Pixie from having to deal with a massive number of pages at once. I want to help pay for the binding expenses, so Pixie, you'll have to let us know what you need.

The problem with doing the mini-books comes in with people who don't want to do all six letters. Do we have a count of who wants to do what? Maybe we should figure that out first?

I know that I would like to do all six.

OR maybe Pixie knows a secret way to bind the one large book together for us (Pixie's are like that sometimes!).
Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #1634
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepisces View Post
What if everyone did a page for all six letters and each person’s six pages were bound together as a mini-book and then all ten mini-books were part of one auction item. OR everyone does a page for each letter and everyone's page for the same letter is bound together, so we'd have a mini-book for each P~L~A~N~E~T letter and they would all be one donation item?

I'm guessing that it would be more expensive and time consuming this way, but it would keep Pixie from having to deal with a massive number of pages at once. I want to help pay for the binding expenses, so Pixie, you'll have to let us know what you need.

The problem with doing the mini-books comes in with people who don't want to do all six letters. Do we have a count of who wants to do what? Maybe we should figure that out first?

OR maybe Pixie knows a secret way to bind the one large book together for us (Pixie's are like that sometimes!).

I do have a secret idea, how'd ya know?
But then again we pixies can get over excited and plans change lol.....

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #1635
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I also want to do all 6 letters.
Corkey wants to do at least 3 pages E N T

(Corkey has been sucked into the crafting black hole by me and lion paw and we have assured him that he never has to scrap/craft in pink LOL)
Seriously they are coming out with a lot more paper craft stuff with male/masculine themes. I think men like Tim Holtz have helped too.

We are also gonna go check out the hardware store for little metal things that we can use to craft.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #1636
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Personally speaking.....

I have decided to do one page of each letter....that works for me. I know it doesn't work for everyone.

It's all good, though, right?

Oh heck yeah!....We are doing one page each per letter too!...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #1637
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I also want to do all 6 letters.
Corkey wants to do at least 3 pages E N T

(Corkey has been sucked into the crafting black hole by me and lion paw and we have assured him that he never has to scrap/craft in pink LOL)
Seriously they are coming out with a lot more paper craft stuff with male/masculine themes. I think men like Tim Holtz have helped too.

We are also gonna go check out the hardware store for little metal things that we can use to craft.

Oh btw, Ami and Corkey we are on the lookout for things you might enjoy and masculine themed items too for Corkey...
Old 02-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #1638
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

Okay folks, here is the skinny....

Have you ever wanted to make your own homemade alcohol inks????....

We found a recipe on Youtube....

Here it goes.....

You will need:

1 bottle of 91% isopropyl alcohol
1 bottle of liquid Rit Fabric Dye (color of your choice)
1 bottle (travel bottle from Walgreen's???) for the liquids

Pour 1/2 cup of 91% isopropyl alcohol into travel bottle
Add 2 tsp of Rit Dye color into bottle

That's it!

The only negative I have heard so far is that it produces more tint than color...But, one crafter recommended a textile dye instead....I researching on the textile dye....I will let you folks know what I find out...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #1639
lionpaw

How Do You Identify?:

Next tip....

Are you tired of buying an itsy bitsy bottle of Adirondack alcohol blending solution?

We have a recipe for that too!

You will need:

1 travel bottle (Walgreen's??)
1 bottle of ethyl rubbing alcohol 70% solution
alcohol inks of your choice

then add your alcohol ink onto that widget for the alcohol ink and a drop or two of 70% ethyl rubbing alcohol....

Rub on your glossy paper and you're done....
The Following User Says Thank You to lionpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #1640
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
THANK YOU Gemme!!!!!!

this sounds good

1. so what we need to know is "Do you want to do a page in each chapter?"

If 10 of us sign up and each do a page in a 6 chapter book
that would be 60 pages plus front and back covers, and possibly a chapter " " page for each chapter for about 68 pages. This is a lot of pages. Plus bulk from the art work.

Pixie can you bind all that together?

2. Do we want to do the PLANET Idea?
Do we want to chose for our selves what each letter is for or do we want to decide together what each letter stands for?

3. Gemme is right there has to be an edge to bind or it has to be smaller than the page in order to mount on a correct size page
You heard it here, folks.

I. Was. Right.

About something or other....

Quote:
Gemme- I agree with you on this. Going with the P~L~A~N~E~T chapters, I've been trying to think of ways to work it in. I was thinking about topics like: coming out, identity, aging, acceptance, gender, love, family, community, etc. I guess I'd better get creative.
Phonetics, maybe?
*grin*

Quote:

Ooooh, mini books.

I would like to do one page for every letter, if we are all set on doing PLANET for the chapters.

I want to make sure that whatever we choose to do, Pixie is not going to be overwhelmed with our contributions when she should be enjoying herself and working her own art.

I want to win the lottery.

I would like assist in the binding costs also.

I would like to put my name on the list but I accidentally deleted the post I needed in order to do so.

Bah.

*off to locate, quote and add*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types