Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Random Messages from Brand New Members?

Has anyone else gotten random messages from brand new members who haven't posted anything to the forums, have no information, and no pictures? I've gotten two over the past couple of months and haven't know what to think. I responded to one and ignored the other. Spam?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Can you forward those to me? or PM me a general idea of what they said and who said it?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
snow white

How Do You Identify?:
straight submissive/possibly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Confused...

snow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Confused!

Hello! I'm a brand new member! : )

I have introduced myself in the newbie intro section, but as yet have not really filled in much of the details in my profile or uploaded any pictures...

I came to this site as I have recently had some questions and I need to ask someone for advice. However, with there being the whole minimum 30 posts rule before you can start a new thread, it is very difficult to know where and how to start.

Perhaps some of these brand new members that you have mentioned are messaging you because they are experiencing similar difficulties? Just a thought. I guess it depends on the content of the messages! : )

I'd appreciate some guidance though. Should I just randomly go around the forum replying to as many threads as I can to get to my 30 posts before I can start my own thread and ask what I came here to ask, or should I PM one of the mods?? Help....pls? Thank you! : )
snow white is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snow white For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow white View Post
Hello! I'm a brand new member! : )

I have introduced myself in the newbie intro section, but as yet have not really filled in much of the details in my profile or uploaded any pictures...

I came to this site as I have recently had some questions and I need to ask someone for advice. However, with there being the whole minimum 30 posts rule before you can start a new thread, it is very difficult to know where and how to start.

Perhaps some of these brand new members that you have mentioned are messaging you because they are experiencing similar difficulties? Just a thought. I guess it depends on the content of the messages! : )

I'd appreciate some guidance though. Should I just randomly go around the forum replying to as many threads as I can to get to my 30 posts before I can start my own thread and ask what I came here to ask, or should I PM one of the mods?? Help....pls? Thank you! : )

Hey there,

Probably best to start in this forum: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...isplay.php?f=5 and specifically with this thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=5891 (if you haven't already done so.

Lots of members tend to post in these forums: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...play.php?f=109 so if the threads there interest you I'd suggest using those. That will likely get you your 30 post count pretty quickly. I would suggest some caution about "randomly" posting however. If you post according to the topic and do 30 in one day that is fine.

The idea is to participate with other members.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah I have but it wasn't spam or advertising it was just people who were local to where I was and wanted to talk about local stuff. I don't mind if someone hasn't posted asking me stuff. As long as its not advertisement.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
snow white

How Do You Identify?:
straight submissive/possibly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Confused...

snow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputationsnow white Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Hey there,

Probably best to start in this forum: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...isplay.php?f=5 and specifically with this thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=5891 (if you haven't already done so.

Lots of members tend to post in these forums: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...play.php?f=109 so if the threads there interest you I'd suggest using those. That will likely get you your 30 post count pretty quickly. I would suggest some caution about "randomly" posting however. If you post according to the topic and do 30 in one day that is fine.

The idea is to participate with other members.

Ok great! All understood, and thank you for your reply : )

Participating with the other members is exactly what I had in mind. It's just that I have a HUGE question which is rather important, lol, and the 30 post thing kind of gets in the way. I'm straight so I'm not sure if there will be 30 posts I can usefully reply to without first having ascertained whether or not this is the place for me, lol! It's very confusing...I will go to the place you suggested and try it! : )

Thank you again for your patience!

All the best,
Snow x
snow white is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snow white For This Useful Post: