Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #2221
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Was in the West Village this morning and ran into the Jane Street Flea Market Day, and bought a set of Nepali deities woodblock printing set, complete with lokia paper, handmade from the bark of the daphne tree. They are: Buddha, Manjushri Bodhisattva of Wisdom, Green Tara the patron Goddess of Tibet in her aspect of motherly compassion, Maya-Devi the mother of Buddha, and Mayakali or Great Black One, the Protector.
They also came with an archival red pigment ink pad.

I don't know how I will use them, but they were only $5 for the set!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #2222
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome, femmedyke!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #2223
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My risk project is done
well as done as it is going to get
I definately went out side my comfort zone

and it shows
it is what it is

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #2224
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I put my Riskaloos in today's mail......I'm admitting that it wasn't much of a risk, what I did. I started out on something totally different....and got so many paper cuts after doing TWO of them.....well.....I love Y'all, but those things HURT! So I had started something new and so I did a set of those.

Cryptics R Us.

Are we going to be working on our P.L.A.N.E.T. stuff now? Or are we doing another project? I don't see how I can....I'm going on vacation in a month (Road Trip!) and after that, I'll be getting ready for my very first show!!

Please send Prozac.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #2225
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Way back somewhere is a RISK LIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I put my Riskaloos in today's mail......I'm admitting that it wasn't much of a risk, what I did. I started out on something totally different....and got so many paper cuts after doing TWO of them.....well.....I love Y'all, but those things HURT! So I had started something new and so I did a set of those.

Cryptics R Us.

Are we going to be working on our P.L.A.N.E.T. stuff now? Or are we doing another project? I don't see how I can....I'm going on vacation in a month (Road Trip!) and after that, I'll be getting ready for my very first show!!

Please send Prozac.

Vacation sooon here***I hear ya janey.
My Risk came unglued.This Glue Gun stuff is Risky! ! ! . It is not something my artistic hands understand..... Thus, a new strategy is under way as I hang with the Gorilla in the bottle.

In my comfort zone, and not risky, I have completed 4 P.L.A.N.E.T. pages.

Please advise****When is the deadline for RISK __________? Is it still only $5.oo. I sending how many________to _______?_____Jennifer? Have people dropped out ? .

Thanks for the helping hand__________I am going on vacation soooooon....
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #2226
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Cryptics R Us.

Please send Prozac.

Actually, yes and no. We're getting our p's and q's in order, but it won't be long now before an announcement will be made regarding decorations for the Reunion. It's a fun, easy project and those who would like to participate are more than welcome.

As soon as we have all the info, we'll post the details in here!

Congrats on your SHOW, you infamous artist, you!!!! That's a HUGE deal, so we would understand if you have enough on your plate without that project.

We should ALL be working on our PLANET pages so they can be sent to Pixie (preferrably) before she moves far, far away in a couple of months. *sad face that's happy for her but will miss her bouncy energy HERE*

Tommi, I don't think anyone has dropped out and the deadline to mail is the 15th of this month.

I engaged in very risky...or was it risque?....business earlier tonight, but that's for another thread.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #2227
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wait.
Are You saying that I mailed my Risk Project Thingies 8 days in advance of the deadline!??!?!?!?!?!!?

Could we have a moment of silence, please? Where's my....oh there it is....

Ok. I'm set.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #2228
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Wait.
Are You saying that I mailed my Risk Project Thingies 8 days in advance of the deadline!??!?!?!?!?!!?

Could we have a moment of silence, please? Where's my....oh there it is....

Ok. I'm set.

Were you tricked...or what Diva **

ROTHLAMO
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #2229
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I have two rough drafts completed for my *Planet* project... Now I just need to decide which one I want to do...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #2230
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

RISK PROJECT: 11 projects to be postmarked to me on/by June 15th

I have received Lionpaw's and Femmenoir's

Now on to my question: Diva, tell us all about your first show!!! Some of us want to live vicariously through you, our celebrity artist! And, in fact, I'd love to hear anytime one of us has some art success. It's encouraging, inspiring, and informational for probably everyone who hangs out on this thread!

Last edited by nycfem; 06-07-2011 at 08:49 AM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #2231
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Do the one that feels riskier

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
I have two rough drafts completed for my *Planet* project... Now I just need to decide which one I want to do...
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #2232
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
RISK PROJECT: 11 projects to be postmarked to me on/by June 15th

I have received Lionpaw's and Femmenoir's

Now on to my question: Diva, tell us all about your first show!!! Some of us want to live vicariously through you, our celebrity artist! And, in fact, I'd love to hear anytime one of us has some art success. It's encouraging, inspiring, and informational for probably everyone who hangs out on this thread!

Oh Lord, the PRESSURE!!!!! lol
I hope I haven't jumped the gun.....it's a juried show and I haven't been accepted yet! And while I hate rejection, I am willing acceptance....so there You have it!

It's the Old Pecan Street Fall Festival, the last weekend in September. They just had their spring show last month....I certainly wasn't ready for that one. But I loved just walking around, checking out the booths. This year, I went with a different mindset than before....I went to check things out! My art, *I* believe, would fit in nicely.

So thank You, Jennifer, for Your sweet words....that made me smile and lifted my spirits!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #2233
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Oh Lord, the PRESSURE!!!!! lol
I hope I haven't jumped the gun.....it's a juried show and I haven't been accepted yet! And while I hate rejection, I am willing acceptance....so there You have it!

It's the Old Pecan Street Fall Festival, the last weekend in September. They just had their spring show last month....I certainly wasn't ready for that one. But I loved just walking around, checking out the booths. This year, I went with a different mindset than before....I went to check things out! My art, *I* believe, would fit in nicely.

So thank You, Jennifer, for Your sweet words....that made me smile and lifted my spirits!

YOU GO DIVA.... Here is the Diva Prize for taking the RISK...

Old 06-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #2234
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

YOU GO DIVA.... Here is the Diva Prize for taking the RISK...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Thanks, Tommi!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #2235
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Well I was doing so well on risk. And then the printer went kaput. So I have done new project not as fancy but they will be shipped by due date. G_d willing and the creeks don't rise.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #2236
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

oh nooooo i forgot to check in for the next round....................
Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #2237
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I saw Pixie tonight at Candace's party....and I got a preview of her Risk project!!! VERY COOL!

I started working on my "PLANET" book stuff this morning......SO fun!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #2238
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Look out Sparkle Plenty

Risky...yes..

Just FYI, I risked....Found out I am not a good glitterer or glue gunner.

But , I had hella-lotta-fun. Each one is Uni-Que Open carefully.

Jennifer, Thanks for taking me outta the box and into Michael's AND Joanne's.

Last edited by Tommi; 06-12-2011 at 08:19 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #2239
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default DONE, in the mail Monday.

Jennifer-->It was great fun to do something different....keep a lookout--->
Old 06-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #2240
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I am VERY happy with how my P.L.A.N.E.T. stuff is turning out!!!!! I can't wait to see the whole thing assembled!

We rock. Just sayin'.....

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types