Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Chow Down

Despite what you might have heard, food is my favorite thing. I love cooking food or going out for it. I also like to hear about other people's eating experiences as well. I've thought about starting this thread for awhile now but what clinched it for me was getting ready to move back to San Diego. I have so many favorite places to eat there and besides the great food and drinks at these places I get a lot of comfort going back to the familiar atmosphere in these places.

I would love to hear about your favorite places too! So, here's a place to post your resturant raves. Do you have a favorite place to get a nibble and a cocktail? A place you had a great dinner? Or a favorite place that makes a specific dish that you go back for time and time again? Why not share your dining experiences here? I'll begin to post a few of mine and hope you will too. Thanks in advance!


:food:
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I'm starting this off with my favorite place to get an appetizer. The place is called Kemo Sabe, and it's located in Hillcrest, the gay mecca neighborhood of San Diego. Yes, it can be loud and sorta trendy and yes, the parking sucks but this brie more than makes up for that inconvenience. They make a pretty good martini there if you are so inclined to try. But what I go there for is the brie. I never really LOVED brie until I tried this roasted nut crusted fried brie. They serve it with jalepeno jelly on the side, some grilled squaw bread, chile-rubbed tortillas, and honey roasted garlic. I've been able to duplicate the honey roasted garlic and make it at home but NEVER the brie. It's so good I don't like sharing it but will if I have to.


Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'
 
Gemme's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The roads are narrow here
Posts: 36,339
Thanks: 180,278
Thanked 107,943 Times in 25,421 Posts
Rep Power: 21474885
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default

That sounds delish!

Anywhere that I can get a perfectly for me cooked steak has permanent residence in a tiny corner of my heart, but if we're supposed to be specific, there's a place near me now that has a divine spinach salad. It's no ordinary spinach salad though. The dressing makes it. It's a warm, smoked bacon vinaigrette.

Think about that for a minute.

Hell yeah.

__________________


I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 6,896
Thanks: 29,046
Thanked 13,132 Times in 3,391 Posts
Rep Power: 21474855
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default

The Top in Gainesville, Florida is one of our favourite places to eat. I get cravings if I don't go there regularly!

It is a funky kinda place with kitschy artwork and an old photo booth in the back. The servers (and patrons) have a bit of an alternative edge to them, but there is a large cross-section of people and it has an inclusive and casual atmosphere.

They just added a cool patio out back too.

Drink specials are awesome! Half priced wine during happy hour! However, it is the food we come for...and some of our favourites are...

me-->sweet potato fries with garlic dipping sauce, spinach salad with scallops (and goat cheese, red peppers, toasted pecans!), crab cakes, portobello mushroom burger, Thai peanut chicken stir fry.

him-->their burgers (they are awesome) and steaks! haha! (he doesn't deviate too much!)

Last edited by Soon; 06-19-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
turasultana
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: brooklyn
Posts: 432
Thanks: 226
Thanked 714 Times in 250 Posts
Rep Power: 2043782
turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation
Default

the best gelato in NYC

http://laboratoriodelgelato.com/

I think I need a pilgramage soon. When I lived on the Lower East Side, this was an every weekend thing. From the classic like chocolate hazelnut to flavors like lavender - and now cheddar cheese! (i may need to try that one).

I've never had a bad flavor yet. yummy.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
turasultana
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: brooklyn
Posts: 432
Thanks: 226
Thanked 714 Times in 250 Posts
Rep Power: 2043782
turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Best cupcake in NYC (no not magnolia or buttercup or crumbs - trust me on this one)

http://www.sugarsweetsunshine.com/

Sugarsweet Sunshine on Rivington Street on the lower east side. they're all amazing but my faves are "the bob" which is yellow with chocolate almond butter-cream frosting, and Pistachio which is fucking amazing.

Within a block or two is also Economy candy where you can buy all the oldtimey candy plus gourmet chocolate, (and hand dipped graham crackers covered in dark chocolate).

AND Babeland
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
Best cupcake in NYC (no not magnolia or buttercup or crumbs - trust me on this one)

http://www.sugarsweetsunshine.com/

Sugarsweet Sunshine on Rivington Street on the lower east side. they're all amazing but my faves are "the bob" which is yellow with chocolate almond butter-cream frosting, and Pistachio which is fucking amazing.

Within a block or two is also Economy candy where you can buy all the oldtimey candy plus gourmet chocolate, (and hand dipped graham crackers covered in dark chocolate).

AND Babeland
I sort of have become a cupcake snob since I moved to Arizona. They have the Sprinkles cupcake chain here. It's good! I ain't lying. Buttercream frosting, o yes!
That sounds like someplace I'll have to try! We would love to take a trip to NY. And it's really great to have some small businesses thriving. I like to support that.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
AND Babeland
Yes, Babeland. What's not to love!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged
 
SassyLeo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The PDX
Posts: 1,526
Thanks: 846
Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
Rep Power: 856199
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation
Default

There are a bunch of amazing restaurants in Portland... especially breakfast joints. We love breakfast around here.

One of my favorites is Toast. It is a small place...but very homey. The owner is a guy who has worked in a bunch of restaurants in town and finally wanted to start one in his own neighborhood. And he works too. Seriously the guy must drink copious amounts of coffee...he is always ON.

He focuses on fresh, local ingredients.

Organic locally roasted coffee delivered by bike.

Specials of the day/week based on produce in season from CSA's.

Meat from local farmers (organic grass fed, etc)

And the staff are right on bringing you coffee, making suggestions, etc.

It is the perfect neighborhood breakfast joint.

I hear they make a mean bloody mary. I don't like tomato juice so, I admire from afar.

This is what I order the most:

The Occasional Hedonist
Sweet onion tart topped with two poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce. add rosti or sautéed greens.


http://www.toastpdx.com/

It is a wee bit more $$ because of the above, but SO worth it.
__________________
Joy is the best makeup
-Anne Lamott
SassyLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #10
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Sunday morning

Hash House A Go Go makes twisted farm food. This is my favorite place to go to brunch on a Sunday morning. Be prepared to wait though, there's always a line. It's on 5th Ave in San Diego. They make great egg dishes and awesome french toast. My favorite dishes there are the Hash House famous meatloaf, roasted red peppers, fresh spinach and smoked mozzarella or one of the scrambles like the smoked chicken, sundried tomato pesto, spinach and goat cheese.


http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
theoddz
Senior Citizen

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married
 
theoddz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 3,447
Thanks: 10,417
Thanked 9,683 Times in 2,422 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
I'm starting this off with my favorite place to get an appetizer. The place is called Kemo Sabe, and it's located in Hillcrest, the gay mecca neighborhood of San Diego. Yes, it can be loud and sorta trendy and yes, the parking sucks but this brie more than makes up for that inconvenience. They make a pretty good martini there if you are so inclined to try. But what I go there for is the brie. I never really LOVED brie until I tried this roasted nut crusted fried brie. They serve it with jalepeno jelly on the side, some grilled squaw bread, chile-rubbed tortillas, and honey roasted garlic. I've been able to duplicate the honey roasted garlic and make it at home but NEVER the brie. It's so good I don't like sharing it but will if I have to.


Ooooo....I adore the Hillcrest area!!!

You should check out "The Big Kitchen", near there, in the neighborhood area, just off Grape St. They're only open for lunch and dinner, but lemme tell ya, the food is great and the prices are fair. Whoopee Goldberg used to wash dishes there for her meals, back before she made the big time. She's still close friends with the owner, Judy Forman, and sometimes still visits the place. Here's their info. Their web site is still being developed, but you can get their menu and other info here:

http://www.bigkitchencafe.com/

Big Kitchen Cafe
3003 Grape St.
San Diego, Ca 92102
(619) 234-5789

The Big Kitchen is Open
8am-2pm daily

~Theo~
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J. R. R. Tolkien
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #12
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
There are a bunch of amazing restaurants in Portland... especially breakfast joints. We love breakfast around here.

One of my favorites is Toast. It is a small place...but very homey. The owner is a guy who has worked in a bunch of restaurants in town and finally wanted to start one in his own neighborhood. And he works too. Seriously the guy must drink copious amounts of coffee...he is always ON.

He focuses on fresh, local ingredients.

Organic locally roasted coffee delivered by bike.

Specials of the day/week based on produce in season from CSA's.

Meat from local farmers (organic grass fed, etc)

And the staff are right on bringing you coffee, making suggestions, etc.

It is the perfect neighborhood breakfast joint.
That is really impressive. I love the commitment to local products too. Portland is someplace I would like to live or just visit. Besides the food I love the naked bicycle riding.

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Ooooo....I adore the Hillcrest area!!!

You should check out "The Big Kitchen", near there, in the neighborhood area, just off Grape St. They're only open for lunch and dinner, but lemme tell ya, the food is great and the prices are fair. Whoopee Goldberg used to wash dishes there for her meals, back before she made the big time. She's still close friends with the owner, Judy Forman, and sometimes still visits the place. Here's their info. Their web site is still being developed, but you can get their menu and other info here:

http://www.bigkitchencafe.com/

Big Kitchen Cafe
3003 Grape St.
San Diego, Ca 92102
(619) 234-5789

The Big Kitchen is Open
8am-2pm daily

~Theo~
Theo, yes!! We've been there many, many times and I know the owner Judy too. She's great! She will chat up anyone, even non-talkers like me. The food there is really good and it's just a really fun atmosphere as well.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #14
theoddz
Senior Citizen

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married
 
theoddz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 3,447
Thanks: 10,417
Thanked 9,683 Times in 2,422 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Some of the best Italian food in Las Vegas can be found at the corner of Jones and Flamingo at a little spot called "Nora's Cuisine". It's been on "The Best of Las Vegas" list for many years running and is a cozy little spot with great food and a full wine/spirit list. They also have a piano bar.

www.norascuisine.com/


Another great breakfast spot (and local's haunt) is the Omelet House, near the northwest corner of Charleston and Rancho. They have huge deluxe gourmet omelets, delicious "potato chip" style homemade breakfast potatoes, and huge slabs of home made pumpkin and banana breads, served with soft butter. Oh, and beware of the famous "Grunion Omelet".

www.omelethouse.net

(June'y, Kat, Dusa and Jack can vouch for The Omelet House...and Nora's)

~Theo~
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J. R. R. Tolkien
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
theoddz
Senior Citizen

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married
 
theoddz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 3,447
Thanks: 10,417
Thanked 9,683 Times in 2,422 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Theo, yes!! We've been there many, many times and I know the owner Judy too. She's great! She will chat up anyone, even non-talkers like me. The food there is really good and it's just a really fun atmosphere as well.

Wow, she used to have this guy cooking who was a big guy with a white hair and a full beard. Man, could he bake the BEST floury white Southern-style biscuits!!! I also adore the corned beef hash and eggs!!! I sure am missing that place now.

When my ex and I first started going there, over 10 years ago, Judy didn't have that extra addition or the outside patio. It was just that one section of the building with the booths/lunch counter in the front with a few tables. She's really grown that place.

It's great to know someone else also knows about and loves The Big Kitchen. I still have a couple of the fridge magnets from there that Judy gave me.

I try to get over to San Diego once a year or so, and I like to stay at the Navy Lodge over on NAS North Island (Coronado). I do most of my computer shopping at the 32nd St. NavyExchange.

~Theo~
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J. R. R. Tolkien
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #16
Chancie
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.
 
Chancie's Avatar
 
1 Highscore

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 3,636
Thanks: 9,002
Thanked 14,179 Times in 2,610 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I like my own cooking the best, but

There are two local places that j'adore,

The People's Pint and The Rendezvous.

The People's Pint welcomes both the local guys, the families, students from the tech school who are old enough to drink, and

The newcomers like me who live behind The Tofu Curtain.

There are microbrews and decent wine, and now you can get Diet Coke with your Ploughman's Lunch.

The Voo is a much newer place and I think I like it even more than the Pint.

I always have appetizers there, like a huge pretzel with two kinds of mustard, or grilled asparagus with garlic aioli.

Pete took her mother there for her birfday and

We got snockered, which is polite talk for tipsy on cocktails.

The best thing about The Voo is Rockit Queer which is a dirty dirty dance party held every month in the very tiny bar with beautiful tin ceilings.

At my house tonight? Grilled scallops with grilled mushrooms and baby white potatoes.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
BestButchBoy
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,925
Thanks: 406
Thanked 5,461 Times in 2,038 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Great thread. I do love food and the dining experience.

One of my favorite West Village places:
http://www.extravirginrestaurant.com/


Fantastic food. Great ambience and NYC vibe (Once you experience it, you'll know it when you experience it again--NYC is unlike any other place I've been).

Hangar Steak Au Poivre, it will make your socks go up and down.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

Wow, she used to have this guy cooking who was a big guy with a white hair and a full beard. Man, could he bake the BEST floury white Southern-style biscuits!!! I also adore the corned beef hash and eggs!!! I sure am missing that place now.

When my ex and I first started going there, over 10 years ago, Judy didn't have that extra addition or the outside patio. It was just that one section of the building with the booths/lunch counter in the front with a few tables. She's really grown that place.

It's great to know someone else also knows about and loves The Big Kitchen. I still have a couple of the fridge magnets from there that Judy gave me.

I try to get over to San Diego once a year or so, and I like to stay at the Navy Lodge over on NAS North Island (Coronado). I do most of my computer shopping at the 32nd St. NavyExchange.

~Theo~
Yes!!! The outside patio is very nice and I have turned so many people on to that place. It is just a great slice of San Diego. It's so funny that you mention the magnets. I have a couple as well!!! Let me know the next time you're in SD. We'll have to hit that place up for sure!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #19
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I like my own cooking the best, but

There are two local places that j'adore,

The People's Pint and The Rendezvous.

The People's Pint welcomes both the local guys, the families, students from the tech school who are old enough to drink, and

The newcomers like me who live behind The Tofu Curtain.

There are microbrews and decent wine, and now you can get Diet Coke with your Ploughman's Lunch.

The Voo is a much newer place and I think I like it even more than the Pint.

I always have appetizers there, like a huge pretzel with two kinds of mustard, or grilled asparagus with garlic aioli.

Pete took her mother there for her birfday and

We got snockered, which is polite talk for tipsy on cocktails.

The best thing about The Voo is Rockit Queer which is a dirty dirty dance party held every month in the very tiny bar with beautiful tin ceilings.

At my house tonight? Grilled scallops with grilled mushrooms and baby white potatoes.
Your resturant picks sound good but those scallops and stuff sound nice too. Braggart!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #20
Queerasfck
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: west side
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 5,716
Thanked 6,495 Times in 1,639 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
Great thread. I do love food and the dining experience.

One of my favorite West Village places:
http://www.extravirginrestaurant.com/


Fantastic food. Great ambience and NYC vibe (Once you experience it, you'll know it when you experience it again--NYC is unlike any other place I've been).

Hangar Steak Au Poivre, it will make your socks go up and down.
If it effects my socks it must be good!
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drinks, fantastic san diego!, food, food obsessed, tiger raves!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018