Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

precious was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and should have stayed a book. I don't like the surreal transitions and the vignette style of composition.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Talking GOOD THREAD!

I LOVE critiquing movies!!! (Especially afterwards, discussing with it a love or a close friend! )

Any Quentin Tarantino fans here? Blaze of Glory is now coming out, or just did - on DVD and I want to see it. It is in good Quentin form? (Worth purchasing?)

I LOVED going to movies in the Big Apple, but here at the cabin, well... I just don't get to the "BIG SCREEN" too often here - if you know what I mean!

WILD

*Oh, is the "Netflix?" a paid for internet site for newer movie watching? How does that work? Anyone here belong, or subscribe? It might be good for me being tucked away a bit and loving movies so much. Is there a limit? A minimun? Or you must pay a set fee amount no matter what - and by the movie too, or... only by each movie? Or both? Never mind, duh! I'll look it up! Any opinion by anyone would be appreciated though! Thanks.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sunshine Cleaning

Wildcat, I used to belong to Netflix but switched to the Blockbuster version because I had a store close by. That way I could take the movies mailed to me and return them at the store for MORE movies. Loved it.

I watched a ton of movies when I did that.

Just saw Sunshine Cleaning with Amy Adams, Alan Arkin and Emily Blunt. Would never have heard of it if not for my friend, OrganicButch. Hy heard about it from another friend.

Whoa. A really intriguing little film that made me stop and think. The premise is that an ex-cheerleader (head cheerleader even) [Amy Adams] who dated the captain of the football team is now cleaning houses trying to make ends meet. She's also a single mom of a very precocious, intelligent little boy. I think he's around 8 or 9 in the movie. Her sister[Emily Blunt] is pretty much useless and a royal screw-up who just can't do anything right.

Alan Arkin is the dad who is constantly onto his next big money-maker. He constantly promises but rarely delivers. He raised the two girls after their mother's death when they were young. When Rose translates her cleaning skills into a bio-hazard cleaning company, his response is so subtle. You don't really know why until a bit later in the movie but I don't want to give that away.

The movie explored some really emotional themes for me including the loss of a parent and how death affects us in such different ways. There is a really small side lesbian part. It was interesting but not really that important to the movie in my opinion.

The Amy Adams character (Rose) has the bulk of the character arc but her dad (Arkin) and sister (Blunt) both do show growth and development. I found this movie to have emotional chops as well as some really funny comedic moments. And when they blended them together is when this movie really (sun)shined for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862846/ is the IMDB page.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix is awesome and very very valuble if you like movies

you can instantly stream movies to your computer or your bluray player as part of the subscription and its worth its weight in gold

Quentin Tarentino is one of my fav directors---i love the dialogue in his movies, I love how he captures the inane way people talk and also the way that his characters are insane but sane at the same time---like real life

Im going to watch a great movie with Viggo Mortensen and Naomi Watts, directed by David Cronenberg called "Eastern Promises" if you havent seen it you should check it out
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
I LOVE critiquing movies!!! (Especially afterwards, discussing with it a love or a close friend! )

Any Quentin Tarantino fans here? Blaze of Glory is now coming out, or just did - on DVD and I want to see it. It is in good Quentin form? (Worth purchasing?)

I LOVED going to movies in the Big Apple, but here at the cabin, well... I just don't get to the "BIG SCREEN" too often here - if you know what I mean!

WILD

*Oh, is the "Netflix?" a paid for internet site for newer movie watching? How does that work? Anyone here belong, or subscribe? It might be good for me being tucked away a bit and loving movies so much. Is there a limit? A minimun? Or you must pay a set fee amount no matter what - and by the movie too, or... only by each movie? Or both? Never mind, duh! I'll look it up! Any opinion by anyone would be appreciated though! Thanks.
I subscribe, it's good and convenient
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
precious was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and should have stayed a book. I don't like the surreal transitions and the vignette style of composition.
While I didn't think it was one of the worst movies.. I do have to agree that I didn't really enjoy the daydream sequence.. I also didn't like that they left her poetry out of the movie...

I do think that other than those points, they did a fantastic joy if translating the book into film.... It was probably one of the most honest translations that I have ever seen.

I don't ever want to the movie again..
Old 12-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyn View Post
While I didn't think it was one of the worst movies.. I do have to agree that I didn't really enjoy the daydream sequence.. I also didn't like that they left her poetry out of the movie...

I do think that other than those points, they did a fantastic joy if translating the book into film.... It was probably one of the most honest translations that I have ever seen.

I don't ever want to the movie again..
Ms Cyn, I agree. I thought they did a really good job translating the book into a film. But it's not a movie I'll want to watch again. I knew about the book and had read some reviews of the film. I had a pretty good idea about what I would be watching. I wouldn't say it was a pleasurable movie experience, in fact while watching the film I got very uncomfortable at times. Sort of like how I felt while watching Schindler's List. Very moving, very well acted but incredibly sad.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

The Blind Side was awesome
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

just watched The Rape of Europa for a 2d time. super good. moving on to Food, Inc. now.
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
just watched The Rape of Europa for a 2d time. super good. moving on to Food, Inc. now.
Food Inc is awesome...Enjoy!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Food Inc is awesome...Enjoy!!
yaaaaaaaaaaay!
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

2012 had spectacular effects. long movie.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

We recently saw "Up in the Air". It was very good, two thumbs up. Enjoyed the dialogue.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two recents

The Blind Side is a fantastic movie! I expected it to be sad, but it is really more of a feel good movie.

What appears to be a bit of a sleeper is Pirate Radio. If you have any love at all of classic rock music, it is a must see! It is one that I will definately buy when it comes out on Blu Ray!

Happy Movie Watching!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone seen "Nine" with Penelope Cruz etc?

And is it just me or did 2009 and feature a LOT of "9" movies? I can think of three offhand.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #16
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Just saw Avatar (3D at the Imax) for the second time. I can't say enough good things about this movie! Who else has seen it?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I began to watch The Gray Man. Disgusting true story.. i will never see the reason for film makers to glorify serial child killers who their eat their victims, thereby by making a movie about them and their crimes. TV is disgusting. It's neither entertaining nor does it contribute to mental and emotional welfare on any level. It saturates the brain and being of filth, violence and unconscionable suffering. I'd like my soul to inhale something healthy, so...I turned this in the first half hour.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #18
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really curious about the Lovely Bones. I hope they do a good job with it.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
I'm really curious about the Lovely Bones. I hope they do a good job with it.
The only King book I've ever read is "Bag Of Bones." Do you know off-hand if this is related to that?

I loved that book. I also really loved "The Green Mile" once a certain sneezy redhead convinced me to watch it. I just hate horror so much that I think ALL of King's stuff is horror.

If this movie is based on "Bag Of Bones", I will go see it.

SNORT. I just researched it. Not the book or the author I'm thinking of. Oh well. sad face.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

My only comment about 2012 is that it had stunning effects.