Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #2121
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I am sure I would have run 10 miles today if I wasn't sick in bed. Bummer.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #2122
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well what do you know, the gym bought me the perfect prezzie while I stepped out for a bit. It's super cool and exactly what I want.

Can I do it right now? No, but what a treat to work up to. Today I went in for standard issue cardio for 40 mins at target heart rate which for me is 137. That worked out to 500 cals and 2 miles per hour. Now all I have to do is plug in time and let the spread sheet do the rest; as long as I use the cardio program on any of the toys I will be able to determine progress by seeing how many "bars" of resistance is being used to keep me there. I can now achieve my goal with 1-2 bars. Oh well, at least there is plenty of room for improvement.

For the next 4-6 weeks I'm going to keep doing what I started a bit back. The good news is that missing time didn't cost me any gains in strength, I picked up with the exact same workout and weights though I might be a touch sore tomorrow it was fine.

Keeping in mind my PT, I've been doing;
Abductor (modify the position on this for PT)
Adductor
Glute kick backs
Hanging leg raises
Chest press
Lat pull downs Leg press
+PT at home
+walk outside for 2-3 miles
Most of this is "girly" exercise (to me) which I've spent most of my life avoiding and turns out they bite back when you ignore them. So now I do them. Core rules.

NOW I get to add playtime at the end which I did today to get acquainted with my new best friend.

The basic setup: (nevermind, per usual this site won't accept images today)

SO: I found a video out of Mexico that shows some of the variety of things you can do. It seems like this is timed class of some sort, in my gym the apparatus is just there for anyone to use as they wish. There are a lot of things you could do for crossfit and full TRX stations along with a huge assortment of resistance bands and untold ways to hook them up. Now I can do all of my PT here.

Anyone who has ever bounced a ball off of a wall (me) will love the bouncing medicine ball station. I played with that for 100 bounces and other than the one that nearly got away and could easily have broken my nose, is hella fun. The woman in the video is chicken.

Last edited by Kelt; 01-02-2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Tweaking live because preview is dead
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #2123
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Finally I got to go back to the gym after a week of being sick. It made it feel so good! It's a reminder when I can't exercise how much it affects my mood for the negative.

Today: 1 hour stair master (highlight: a butch-femme couple on Judge Judy --Judy loves the gays). 30 minutes weight lifting, light abs, yoga, and leg exercises.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #2124
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beats sitting on the couch....

Did TABATA this morning before work.

Then walked on the treadmill tonight to make it to 10k steps today.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #2125
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Finally I got to go back to the gym after a week of being sick. It made it feel so good! It's a reminder when I can't exercise how much it affects my mood for the negative.

Today: 1 hour stair master (highlight: a butch-femme couple on Judge Judy --Judy loves the gays). 30 minutes weight lifting, light abs, yoga, and leg exercises.
I'm glad you're feeling better, it's remarkable how missing regular activity can impact us. BTW, I didn't mention it earlier, but I am TOTALLY impressed with your mean average of 45 mins. That is one heck of an acheivement.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #2126
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Anyone who can do a proper TABATA and not drop dead has my total respect. Jest sayin'

Today was pretty much a rinse and repeat of yesterday with a couple of tweaks. I have mixed feelings about the glute aperatus that ends up as a sort of donkey kick. My knee and low back aren't sure. I may switch back to a good old Hamtractor (if I can find it). Doesn't do the same job, but close with back protection.

The other thing was that I added more playtime at the end on the new contraption. I like the bouncy thing with the medicine ball A LOT and had fun there, I do anticipate at some point breaking my face with it though. Then I tried out a few things on the TRX straps, I've seen them for years but never had them to try out.

I'll be over on the machines getting stronger before spending too much time there. It is good for inverted rows though which may lead one day to the elusive pull-ups.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #2127
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

An hour on the exercycle, as usual, standing on the pedals like in a spin class, alternating between high-intensity and low.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #2128
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Anyone who can do a proper TABATA and not drop dead has my total respect. Jest sayin'
Oh! I doubt mine is a proper TABATA. It's what my nutritionist showed me to do. That's what she called it. But it didn't seem that hard. So I'm sure it's probably TABATA-light.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #2129
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

It was a cold, rainy, snowy day today. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the stair master, 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 30 minutes of exercises on the mat (weight lifting, abs, and stretching). I like to be at the gym on a Saturday night.

How do I... ?
Old 01-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #2130
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
It was a cold, rainy, snowy day today. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the stair master, 30 minutes on the treadmill, and 30 minutes of exercises on the mat (weight lifting, abs, and stretching). I like to be at the gym on a Saturday night.
Was it quiet? I love going when there's very few, if any, people there.

Nights are hard for me. I have more energy in the morning and less food in my belly. I hate working out when I feel weighted down.

I did nothing today, except sleep a few minutes later. For the most part, I'm okay but I have had a few more spasms than I usually do. It could be worse, so I'm glad I took the day off. Tomorrow's a long day, so I'll have plenty to report.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #2131
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

It was quiet. I like the feeling of bonding with the small group of others who are there on a Saturday night.

Tonight I did a Sunday night at the gym, which was verrrryyy quiet! I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster and then 30 minutes of back strengthening exercises and yoga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Was it quiet? I love going when there's very few, if any, people there.

Nights are hard for me. I have more energy in the morning and less food in my belly. I hate working out when I feel weighted down.

I did nothing today, except sleep a few minutes later. For the most part, I'm okay but I have had a few more spasms than I usually do. It could be worse, so I'm glad I took the day off. Tomorrow's a long day, so I'll have plenty to report.

How do I... ?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #2132
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I did an hour of running intervals at the gym. Nothing to crazy but it felt good to get back into it again!!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #2133
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

January 4, 2015

T35, random program, levels 10 and 13
Stats: 465 cal, 3.29 mi, 65:00 min
No intervals

I basically hiked on the treadmill today. I started out on level 10 but it kept giving me a lot of intervals, so I moved it up to level 13, which made the lowest incline 1.5. It was a good, sweaty workout and I took the time to do my PT stretches and some additional stretches at the end. Good day!

January 5, 2015

Quickie because of a doctor's appointment.

T33, random program, levels 8-9
Stats: 227 cal, 1.88 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 60 sec. 1 @ 90 sec. Both @ 5.3 mph and .5 incline.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2015, 09:41 PM   #2134
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tomorrow is an "off" day because it's a two-job day (minimal time). Today I had a great work-out: 30 min. stair master and 30 min. of floor work (weight lifting, abs, stretching).

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #2135
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

My mechanic has my car so there's no gym this morning. I took a short walk outside and only lasted about 20 minutes before my legs felt like they had needles sticking in them.

Ah, winter.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2015, 07:02 AM   #2136
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Hard morning, exercisers.

Not getting a decent workout yesterday plus the shoveling and sanding/salting did a number on my hip and leg.

I went as long as I could this morning but it wasn't long enough. I'm still hurting. Bah. I'm over winter and we still have 4 months to go!

T33, random program, level 7
Stats: 291 cal, 2.45 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 3 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph, 1 @ 60 sec @ 5.7 mph

I was trying to knock the last knot out with my last, faster interval but it didn't work.

Tomorrow's going to be a cold one. -2 degrees with a wind chill of -19.

Brrrrrr......

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #2137
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everyone!

I don't usually post in here cause I'm an exercise slacker. But... I went for a walk last night as part of my effort to channel Jillian Michaels.

Yesterday we started a competition at work for those who want to lose weight. We get weighed in weekly and at the end of the 12 weeks the "biggest loser" wins $300.

I'm a bit competitive (ahem) ... I'm gonna get that moolah!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #2138
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

4+ hours a day of heavy cleanng is all ive managed thus far. But as I balanced on my tummy on the edge of a ginormous jetted tub while rinsing it....I realized....who needs yoga?? As my cleaning partner says... we practice cleaning gymnastics!

I havent been near a scale....but I got down to a smaller size pants...they were a bit snug when zipped...and the other day without thinking I took them off without unbuttoning them. Soooo....yes cleaning counts. I'M also not eating a lot though. Grocery shopping must occur today! Its my least favorite shopping
Old 01-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #2139
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
Hey everyone!

I don't usually post in here cause I'm an exercise slacker. But... I went for a walk last night as part of my effort to channel Jillian Michaels.

Yesterday we started a competition at work for those who want to lose weight. We get weighed in weekly and at the end of the 12 weeks the "biggest loser" wins $300.

I'm a bit competitive (ahem) ... I'm gonna get that moolah!
Go, Mopsie!

You can do it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #2140
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today's workout was a little better but I started at a worse point, so in all actuality, it was a wonderful workout.

T33, random program, level 7
Stats: 269 cal, 2.33 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.7 mph

The one concerning point was that I had a bit of trouble catching my breath after the interval. I wasn't happy about that but things worked out okay.

-2 to -20 this morning. Chilly!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights