Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
A friend posted this great link on their facebook today and I thought it was worth sharing.

http://takebackhalloween.org/

It's a website of unconventional women's halloween costume ideas!

I don't celebrate halloween in any sense. Whilst it may seem weird or superstitious to many, I have a strong dislike & fear of all things supernatural / ghostly / hauntings and try not to "open these doors", even through innocent fun.

With that said, I'm very glad that ScandalAndy posted the above link. I will gladly fall head over heels in love with anyone who wears the below costume:

http://takebackhalloween.org/brighid/
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #82
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

a femme in a flannel shirt?

*tsking*

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #83
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Still trying to figure out a costume for giving out treats

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #84
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Oh no, Martina, a Gardener.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #85
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up Pentecostal, so Halloween for a long time wasn't even a holiday I thought about. It wasn't until my mid 30's I became really curious about this haunted house in Atlanta called Netherworld.

I ended up going with friends and I got to meet the iconic Pinhead, in character, from the Hellraiser movies. I've been in love with visiting various haunted houses ever since.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #86
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

....and might I just say, I found the COOLEST garden-themed accessories for the table! Candle holders with oak and maple leaves and even one with a pumpkin and vine, and pails to hold a couple herb plants with an acorn-and-leaf design, and the most wonderful standing jack o'lantern bowl to hold some candy! He's SOO good-natured, with his stem like a little hat and his gloved hands holding his fat belly kinda like Santa Claus!

Last edited by Bit; 10-21-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #87
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

not......long.......now........................... .................................
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #88
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely LOVED that costume. Although, I was originally planning to go as Merida from "Brave".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
I don't celebrate halloween in any sense. Whilst it may seem weird or superstitious to many, I have a strong dislike & fear of all things supernatural / ghostly / hauntings and try not to "open these doors", even through innocent fun.

With that said, I'm very glad that ScandalAndy posted the above link. I will gladly fall head over heels in love with anyone who wears the below costume:

http://takebackhalloween.org/brighid/
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #89
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Halloween is our favorite "holiday".
So much so, we decorate our house in a not-so-kid-friendly fashion.
We appreciate the gore and the scary shock value.

We've been called the Haunted House. We love it!

With that being said, we didn't do too much decorating this year.
Last year we went all out with fog machines, special lighting and our best creepy figures. I estimate we have thousands of dollars worth of Halloween decorations and such ... that's how much we love it.

But, we took it light this year.

Next year is another story.

MUAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #90
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

All three of us are wearing costumes this year. The man cub wants to stay home and play the piano while candy is being handed out. At some point we all need to go show off our costumes so we will be dining at Hamburger Mary's.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #91
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Plans are still up in the air for us because I will be there for the weekend mostly but as of right now our Little Family hopes to:

Hit up Salem Mass one day this weekend
Carve Pumpkins and make yummy treats during the other weekend day and....
I am hoping to get us in to see Frankenweenie. Beyond that who knows...
Oh and we will do the trick-o-treat thing just hours before I board the bus back to Bangor

Last edited by jac; 10-23-2012 at 06:35 AM.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #92
Daktari

As a someone who practices a christian faith halloween is anathema to me. However, this year, for the first time in decades, I will be dressing up - think mad surgeon, bloody gloves and scrubs with bone saw - and attending an all day fellowship 'Dare to Scream' event.

Rather looking forward to freaking out those who don't know my 'alter ego'. Muwahahahahaaaaa!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #93
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

In the spirit of Halloween...

jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #94
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
a femme in a flannel shirt?

*tsking*

Ha, well- that's me at least 3 days out of every week in the fall/winter. You can say you're dressed up as me?
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #95
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
In the spirit of Halloween...

OMG the kids in that video are so nice. You know what kind of meltdown The General would have if I told her that. She'd go ballistic.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #96
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I found the greatest velvet witch's dress at my shop today! OMG! I so love it! We are having a special on Halloween for people to come dressed in costume and they get 50% off. So of course I have to dress up to! I need to find a sexy hat and doll it up.

I will try to get photos up after the night is over!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #97
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Congrats, Tia! The dress sounds wonderful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #98
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I will be wickedly bummed if this impending storm keeps us from going to Salem.....last year it was the freak nor'easter..... It feels like the fates are aligned against us going.....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #99
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I will be wickedly bummed if this impending storm keeps us from going to Salem.....last year it was the freak nor'easter..... It feels like the fates are aligned against us going.....
I know! I am right there with you. We have a party planned with campfires and all kinds of outdoor goodies for this year. Let's you and I stand on the edge of the coast and wave our arms real hard to blow the storm away?
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #100
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

My friend came up with a brilliant costume for me for halloween; since i couldnt find a costume last minute i picked up some accessories and since im a hockey buff ill be going as ............... A locked out hockey player

Ill get pics but its brilliant eh?

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: