Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #241
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

YB thanks so much ... how often or how many times a day do you drink these and do u eat regular food? I'm seriously wanted to change my bad eating habits. Today I had a blueberry & Banana and h2o with ice from the blender. Yum
Old 06-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #242
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Fl View Post
YB thanks so much ... how often or how many times a day do you drink these and do u eat regular food? I'm seriously wanted to change my bad eating habits. Today I had a blueberry & Banana and h2o with ice from the blender. Yum
That is an excellent start! Congratulations. The bananna (and remember, I always have at least one in every shake I make) will make it thicker, tastier and keep the ingrediants blended together i/e you won't see seperation. You needed a little protein in that shake. (a teasoon of peanut butter would have been perfect), or drop in some almonds or walnuts or unsalted cashews (YUM). Try to view the shake as the food pyramid. But you did great, and I'm proud of you for even trying! The peanut butter or the nuts will be perfect for now. (peanut butter and bananna's are to die for!)

I drink at least one every day (with greens in it) I like to drink two, and some food usually for my snacks and lunch.
But I try really hard to eat a raw diet. Quinoa is the exception, as it does get boiled. Gee, what a wonderful source of protein.

Have you ever used whey protein? Just asking, I am 5 foot 5 and I weigh 130 pounds, and I need 70 grams of protein a day. I rely on they whey isolate to help me get 26 grams of the protein. True, it is used by athletic people for muscle recovery, but it is a wonder source of branch chain amino acids, impossible to get from a supplement, and your body needs it. I usually put it into my morning shake....(but I do my gym work out in the morning).

Keep coming back. Glad to give you tips. Your post made me smile.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #243
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default green smoothie life

Morning YB, everyone,

YB great sharing with the new folks on the thread...Kat, remember to watch the beginners video I suggested its easy and full of information as well.

For folks that may be allergic to dairy, as I am, there are dairy free protein powders, organic, and green veggie powders as well also organic.

Well, I'm far from home and am having a wonderful time with very loving kids that, guess what?! They love green smoothies! Really smart kids too, taking me shopping to their favorite health food store smiling. What a great surprise...one of the kids won't touch meat imagine that...sharp sharp kids.

So, this morning's smoothie, everything is Organic folks unless mentioned otherwise...

bananas (of course for creamy sweet )

blueberries

spinach

walnuts

protein powder

a bit of soy milk (Silk brand)

H2O/Ice

simple, and delicious

enjoy your Sunday folks, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #244
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Smashing the Chickpeas is a little time consuming but it's well worth it. When I make this for lunch most people think it looks like tuna salad.

Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling

Ingredients

1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 259 | Total Fat: 5.8g | Cholesterol: 2mg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #245
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Smashing the Chickpeas is a little time consuming but it's well worth it. When I make this for lunch most people think it looks like tuna salad.

Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling

Ingredients

1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed

Hi Okie.....thanks for posting this. I hate mayo (yuk) and I make something very similar to this and use plain yogurt. I sprinkle mrs dash into it too....

Also, your right about smashing the beans, I use a submersion blender (if you have one)......you can use chick peas too.....(I keep cans of them around for when I am in a hurry, and just rinse them because of the sodium, but some people may not mind the sodium) I have served this with the yogurt, and never said it wasn't mayo and no one questioned it, they just ate it. Dill weed is very tasty on a bland bean like chick or garbanzo......now you are aking me hungry!
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 259 | Total Fat: 5.8g | Cholesterol: 2mg
sorry, typing with out my bifocals on this phone, Magoo can't effen see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #246
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
YB,

Sounds great! no I'm not Tony the tiger smiling

Really sounds like something I will try green tea and lime Mmmm

Happy Summer!

Greco
Hi Greco ,,,, I must have CRS cause I still don't know which link it is... all that bad food fried my brain ...
Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #247
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default video link

Hi Kat,

Here it is...your doing great by the way...welcome to the thread.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Old 06-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #248
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:

Hi Kat,

Here it is...your doing great by the way...welcome to the thread.

Greco
You ROCK Greco thank you so much ... There's a free download there on the site is that the one to download?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #249
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

ok so I'm making :

Mix of greens

Papaya

pineapple

1tsp. peanut butter ( natural)

1 semi froze banana

H20

Wish me luck I'm experimenting here ... and having fun doing it. I will let you all know how it comes out ! Thanks everyone
Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #250
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

My first green smoothie ...it is so good..... taste like banana and peanut butter..... yummmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #251
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
My first green smoothie ...it is so good..... taste like banana and peanut butter..... yummmmmmmmmmmmm
Congratulations.......(good choice on the peanut butter too!)

After seeing her do it on the video, it's way less intimidating isn't it?

Good. Hope to see some things you've whipped up and really liked, posted.

YB

Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #252
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default You have joined the ranks of the veggie people!

Kat, Congratulations! It gets better as you blend have fun with it...

morning green smoothie:

banana

blueberries

spinach

green powder

Vit C

Udon's Omega oil

H2O

delicious!

Enjoy your evening folks, Greco

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #253
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Kat, Congratulations! It gets better as you blend have fun with it...

morning green smoothie:

banana

blueberries

spinach

green powder

Vit C

Udon's Omega oil

H2O

delicious!

Enjoy your evening folks, Greco

Did those so smart neices and nephews join you today?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #254
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default green kids

YB, yes, the youngest one was up early with me and put the blueberries in...then came running with me for a bit...he's a cutie, all 6.5 yrs of him...then it was off to wake the rest of the folks...

You having blueberries yet? Think they're in season now...good green evening to you, Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Did those so smart neices and nephews join you today?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #255
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Hey Everyone !

This afternoon I had cleaned and made 2 bunches of collard greens. No meat, I used lots of garlic ( minced ) and some olive oil to sautee the garlic in . Them added the greens to cook slowly, so I had some brn rice about 1/2 cup. I admit I was somewhat hungry today . But that satisfied me. Now I'm getting ready to make a fresh fruit smoothie with banana and pineapple, berries, and some PB. Good evening to everyone .... btw I feel great so far
Old 06-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #256
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Hey Kat.....(thats Pittsburgh for Hi)

I eat mostly raw......but and but is the key word here, I have trouble feeling satisfied with hunger, and then I do crazy things like eat 12 peaches.....I am a vegetarian, only because I do not like meat. I especially hate to smell it cook or tear it off a bone. However, I will not *die* if I eat a piece. I do eat dairy, but not alot. Especially milk.

Just trying to explain to you my eating habits.....so if I say I used whey (vegans do use whey, it's dairy) or I had yogurt/again X to a vegan, you'll understand.

I love garlic......in a green smoothie, its actually a little sweet.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #257
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

does your job involve working with children?

Last edited by Dominique; 06-27-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: wrong thread/lol....sorry
Old 06-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #258
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Hey Kat.....(thats Pittsburgh for Hi)

I eat mostly raw......but and but is the key word here, I have trouble feeling satisfied with hunger, and then I do crazy things like eat 12 peaches.....I am a vegetarian, only because I do not like meat. I especially hate to smell it cook or tear it off a bone. However, I will not *die* if I eat a piece. I do eat dairy, but not alot. Especially milk.

Just trying to explain to you my eating habits.....so if I say I used whey (vegans do use whey, it's dairy) or I had yogurt/again X to a vegan, you'll understand.

I love garlic......in a green smoothie, its actually a little sweet.
YB thanks for replying. For me I have to ease my way threw this, but I'm not too crazy about meat either. I was hungry and my roomie bought these greens and had some brn rice it was something for to add a little substance. I look fwd to learning more here. So what are the powders I need to buy. I too am lactose intolerant n I have type 2 diabetes. But all in all I 'm trying and already eliminating the meat I feel better. Funny I'm not craving sweets or meat .
Old 06-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #259
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
YB thanks for replying. For me I have to ease my way threw this, but I'm not too crazy about meat either. I was hungry and my roomie bought these greens and had some brn rice it was something for to add a little substance. I look fwd to learning more here. So what are the powders I need to buy. I too am lactose intolerant n I have type 2 diabetes. But all in all I 'm trying and already eliminating the meat I feel better. Funny I'm not craving sweets or meat .

Health nut, in regards to my own health, I am....nutritionist, I am not. If you are a diabetic, you are eating too much fruit (thats sugar too)...more veggies girl!

Pineapple is very sweet, be careful with that. (although it has a ton of wonderful enzymes and fiber) but you have to watch your sugar. I know nothing about lactose. I just do not like milk. The internet is a wonderful tool.

I don't use powders, greco does. I only use b pollen, scroll through the thread, and read why I use b pollen.

Last edited by Dominique; 06-27-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: type too fast
Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #260
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

MMM.. I was a lacto ovo veggie for 10 years, vegan for a few as well. Though I seem to want to eat chicken from time to time, veggies and fruits and soy products have my heart. I can just about break down in tears when I see really fresh organic produce piled up... Subscribing... Will toss in any tried and true recipes if I can find them, lost a bunch on the last move. Meh.
Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post: