Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #101
Daktari

What an awesome job Team Sky did today. One and two in the GC is a fab achievement. I hope Froome manages to live up to the hype and pull off the top spot this year.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #102
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
What an awesome job Team Sky did today. One and two in the GC is a fab achievement. I hope Froome manages to live up to the hype and pull off the top spot this year.
I haven't been able to watch the Tour because I have been away at the beach where I have no cable. Yes, I am hoping for Froome as well. Honestly though, I have no real emotional investment in any rider winning.

Contador...yep, can't stand the guy.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #103
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I haven't been able to watch the Tour because I have been away at the beach where I have no cable. Yes, I am hoping for Froome as well. Honestly though, I have no real emotional investment in any rider winning.

Contador...yep, can't stand the guy.
I hope you're having fun at the beach.

It's fantastic to have Brits doing so well in the Tour in recent years. It accompanies star performers in the velodrome and road TTing. People such as Sir Chris Hoy, Brad Wiggins and Victoria Pendleton have inspired so many more folks to cycle after seeing them triumph at major sporting events in the last decade, especially the last two Olympics.

It's sure adding flavour to my Tour interest after 15/20yrs of watching on tv and a 45yr passion for cycling. My mate Andy and I are talking about a trip to watch the 2014 Grand Depart (or at least one of the two stages) over the Pennines, to the east, in the major towns of Yorkshire.

It does make a whole load of difference if ya have a particular interest in one or more of the riders.

Yet to see or hear about today's stage so I don't know if Froome has defended the yellow jersey again.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #104
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Today's a rest day.

I was able to see a bit of yesterday's stage (9) and I will admit I have a bit of Froome fever. Yes, it is much more fun if you have a favorite!

Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #105
Daktari

Quote:
Today's a rest day.

I was able to see a bit of yesterday's stage (9) and I will admit I have a bit of Froome fever. Yes, it is much more fun if you have a favorite!
Show's ya how distracted I've been today, I forgot it was a rest day.

He's quite something our Mr.F ain't he
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #106
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Show's ya how distracted I've been today, I forgot it was a rest day.

He's quite something our Mr.F ain't he
Oh, no worries, I am WAY out of the loop this year...just found out today is a rest day. I woke up hoping to watch as I came home late last night.

Finally, I will be able to sit and watch a stage tomorrow (well the 3 hour recap in the evening).

Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #107
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

So, glad Martin got the stage today (just watched it). It would have been so sad if the poor chap waited 4 hours only to lose!

I am happy to see Froome continuing to do well!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #108
Daktari

Quote:
So, glad Martin got the stage today (just watched it). It would have been so sad if the poor chap waited 4 hours only to lose!

I am happy to see Froome continuing to do well!
The TT was awesome wasn't it. Martin did an amazing job...the waiting must have been torturous. So pleased that Froome is living up to his potential for the time being. Over 3 minutes is a pretty hefty lead but one bad day in the mountains could shatter that of course.

Today there's a big sprint finish. It's always good to watch the powerhouse guys sprint it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #109
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

I have to admit I am really liking Kittel!

I have never been much of a Cav fan, but I remember you are, Daktari, so you are probably disappointed that he lost the sprint today.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #110
Daktari

Quote:
I have to admit I am really liking Kittel!

I have never been much of a Cav fan, but I remember you are, Daktari, so you are probably disappointed that he lost the sprint today.
Disappointed for Cav (arrogant barsteward but so very talented) yes but hey, Kittel was truly awesome! It's the first time I recall seeing Cav beaten from behind in that manner for a very, very long time. All power to young Mr.K.

It's such a shame that Edvald Boasson Hagen is out with a badly busted up shoulder...broken humerus and scapula (classic cycling injuries). He's been one of the rocks that Team Sky has been built on that allows the likes of Wiggo and Froomey to shine so brightly. His loss, along with Kanstantin Siutsou earlier in the race means Froome is down to a support team of six.

It's another sprint today...Go Cav!! :cheesy
:
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #111
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

I have a new respect for Cavendish and I am glad that he won today.

I was very impressed that prior to today's race, he acknowledged his loss yesterday was about Kittle having a better day (rather than making excuses for losing). More than that, he was open enough to admit that perhaps he is being replaced as the best sprinter, in the same way that he replaced whoever was best when he came on the scene.

Yep, I got some new respect for Cav, who like you said has always been a cocky man.

It made me smile to see him win today. He was so happy, like a little boy getting a new bicycle! ha! Good to see him get that record of winning the most stages of anyone (25).

The Contador activity/Froome added to it being an interesting stage today. I hope you got to see some of it, Daktari.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #112
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Today was the first time in years that i've been able to actually been able to watch the Tour. My brother and I had an enjoyable morning watching the race and trying to figure out what was going on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #113
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I thought todays leg was pretty intense.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #114
Daktari

Quote:
I have a new respect for Cavendish and I am glad that he won today.

I was very impressed that prior to today's race, he acknowledged his loss yesterday was about Kittle having a better day (rather than making excuses for losing). More than that, he was open enough to admit that perhaps he is being replaced as the best sprinter, in the same way that he replaced whoever was best when he came on the scene.

Yep, I got some new respect for Cav, who like you said has always been a cocky man.

It made me smile to see him win today. He was so happy, like a little boy getting a new bicycle! ha! Good to see him get that record of winning the most stages of anyone (25).

The Contador activity/Froome added to it being an interesting stage today. I hope you got to see some of it, Daktari.
Aye, I got to see the highlights last night. I've not been watching the the stages in their entirety. It's on in the afternoon and it's far too sunny to stay in watching cycling on tv when I can be out on my bike actually doing it.
I was so pleased for Cav getting the stage yesterday and a little taken aback by his gracious interview about 'best sprinters' and getting beaten by Kittel. Young Cav is growing up...awwwww!

This last week of the tour is gonna be B.R.U.T.A.L

Check this Fotheringham article out...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...ance-2013-pain

Hope you worked it out easily enough Wryly

ahk cyclists have legs, Le Tour has stages
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #115
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Aye, I got to see the highlights last night. I've not been watching the the stages in their entirety. It's on in the afternoon and it's far too sunny to stay in watching cycling on tv when I can be out on my bike actually doing it.
I was so pleased for Cav getting the stage yesterday and a little taken aback by his gracious interview about 'best sprinters' and getting beaten by Kittel. Young Cav is growing up...awwwww!

This last week of the tour is gonna be B.R.U.T.A.L

Check this Fotheringham article out...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...ance-2013-pain

Hope you worked it out easily enough Wryly

ahk cyclists have legs, Le Tour has stages
The tour is on in the mornings here, when I am at work. I see 3 hours of "Primetime" coverage in the evenings. 3 hours really is a large block of time to give up, to be honest, so I will be on the computer catching up on email/work while it is on, as well. I have to tell you that I go through this sense of "loss" at the end of each tour every year. It get woven into the fabric of your evenings that then is all of a sudden gone!

Thanks for the article. Yes, it is certainly going to be tough for the "boys" this week.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #116
Daktari

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my giddy aunt!

Froome on Ventoux what a heroic ride.

Mont Ventoux is legendary in the Tour...Froome's win is very special because it's the 100th Tour and it was Bastille Day and it's where Brit Tom Simpson died in the '67 Tour and it's the first time a Brit has won on the Ventoux and because he crossed the finish, with Quintana, in a two man breakaway on the longest day in the saddle, on one of the most brutal mountain stages ever, gaining him time on all his rivals. Awesome! I would venture to say that it could possibly have won him the whole Tour.

Sadly Tom Simpson was found to have taken a cocktail of alcohol, amphetamine and diruetics; Despite this, Simpson is well regarded by many. A memorial to Tom is at the place he collapsed, just 1km from the summit of Ventoux. The memorial was festooned with tributes this weekend.

I was so pleased to see Contador dropped on what should have been his natural terrain. Young Quintana is one to watch for the future.

I can't wait for D'Huez on Thursday. The peloton breaches the summit twice of this behemoth of the high Alps.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #117
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Oh my! Oh my! Oh my giddy aunt!

Froome on Ventoux what a heroic ride.

Mont Ventoux is legendary in the Tour...Froome's win is very special because it's the 100th Tour and it was Bastille Day and it's where Brit Tom Simpson died in the '67 Tour and it's the first time a Brit has won on the Ventoux and because he crossed the finish, with Quintana, in a two man breakaway on the longest day in the saddle, on one of the most brutal mountain stages ever, gaining him time on all his rivals. Awesome! I would venture to say that it could possibly have won him the whole Tour.

Sadly Tom Simpson was found to have taken a cocktail of alcohol, amphetamine and diruetics; Despite this, Simpson is well regarded by many. A memorial to Tom is at the place he collapsed, just 1km from the summit of Ventoux. The memorial was festooned with tributes this weekend.

I was so pleased to see Contador dropped on what should have been his natural terrain. Young Quintana is one to watch for the future.

I can't wait for D'Huez on Thursday. The peloton breaches the summit twice of this behemoth of the high Alps.

Finally I can make comment on the 15th stage! I saw the highlights (about 30 minutes worth), and yes, it was great to watch!

Contador....grrr...I really hate that guy. Is it me, or is he always selfish and never takes his turn? Something I noticed many a time....

Congrats Daktari for another win for the Brits!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #118
Daktari

Quote:
Finally I can make comment on the 15th stage! I saw the highlights (about 30 minutes worth), and yes, it was great to watch!

Contador....grrr...I really hate that guy. Is it me, or is he always selfish and never takes his turn? Something I noticed many a time....

Congrats Daktari for another win for the Brits!
I agree with ya about Contador, he never takes his turn in the pacemaking and never did. Selfish cheat!
Sadly, I was so tired last night I fell asleep not long after I'd put the highlights on itvplayer so I'm not sure what happened...I'll catch up later when I've done the bike workshop thang today.

Go Froomey!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #119
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

What a way to celebrate Colombia's Independence Day!

Nairo Quintana is making us proud

"Riding his debut Tour, Quintana’s maiden stage victory also secured the 23-year-old Colombian the polka dot jersey as the race’s climber and the white jersey as the best young rider, not to forget the second rung on the podium in Paris."

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #120
Daktari

Damn! Now I know who won today's stage before seeing the hightlights!

Wish I hadn't looked at this thread now.