Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #121
Daktari

I apologise to all who read the thread for being grumpy about seeing the today's result.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #122
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default 100 Years of the Tour

CHRIS FROOME IS THE 2013 WINNER OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE!!!!!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #123
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

GREAT TDF this year!

I watched all of it (mostly on primetime). It was AWESOME to see Contador dropped on the mountain stages.

I am happy for Chris Froome! He deserved the win. I really like the Columbian rider too, he is someone to watch in the future!

The tour is not going to be the same with Jens Voigt (the oldest rider in the tour this year) retiring.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #124
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to the

2014 Le Tour De France!

thread

7/5/14- 7/27/14

The tour began yesterday. Who are your favorites? Who do you want to win? Any thoughts on the route this year? Tell us here!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #125
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

I just watched the Prime Time show. I am happy for Kittel

I am curious to hear from Daktari this year. The riders and commentators are talking about the surge of spectators in England this year. They alluded to thr fact that England has recently taken an interest in cycling. Dak, can you speak to this? Is their an increase in both watching cycling as well as recreational and/or as a means of transportation?

However, I believe the most interesting thing to watch on the Tour each year is how Bobke is looking! Has anyone else noticed the obvious pattern of him being in fantastic cycling shape one year and then out of shape the next? This is an "in shape " year. LOVE THE BOBKE!!!

Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #126
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Poor Chris Froome.

Is anybody else watching? A couple of riders said they thought the cobblestones were unfair to have in the race as all they do is knock out good riders, who should still be here, such as Froome. One alluded to the idea that it is to make the race more "exciting" to spectators. Bob Roll pointed out that most of the crashes were not on the cobblestones, but on the regular blacktop, referencing the rain. He said using cobblestones is another way of getting the best overall rider" to come to the rise to the top, who is the person that should win the Tour de France.

What do others think?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #127
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Stage 18

Wow what a great stage today!!!

<---- well aware he is talking to himself

Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #128
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

CONGRATULATIONS TO
VINCENZO NIBALI, THE WINNER OF THE 2014 TOUR DE FRANCE !!!

http://www.foxsports.com/cycling/sto...x11&gt1=msnans

What an interesting tour this year. I admit I have never been one for Cavendish or Contador, so I was not upset when they had to retire from the Tour. I was bummed to see Fromme go. I have lots to say about the Tour, but no one is here to discuss it with.

See you all next year!!!

Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #129
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,544 Times in 10,211 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

ok, so I'm not big on the bike thing, but it has peaked my interest. I did watch the rainy cobblestone day. Which I found to be exciting! I have learned about the different shirts. Oh, and the cool down, when the lactose leaves your muscles...

I'll pay more attention next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Poor Chris Froome.

Is anybody else watching? A couple of riders said they thought the cobblestones were unfair to have in the race as all they do is knock out good riders, who should still be here, such as Froome. One alluded to the idea that it is to make the race more "exciting" to spectators. Bob Roll pointed out that most of the crashes were not on the cobblestones, but on the regular blacktop, referencing the rain. He said using cobblestones is another way of getting the best overall rider" to come to the rise to the top, who is the person that should win the Tour de France.

What do others think?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2014, 05:04 AM   #130
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I just watched the Prime Time show. I am happy for Kittel

I am curious to hear from Daktari this year. The riders and commentators are talking about the surge of spectators in England this year. They alluded to thr fact that England has recently taken an interest in cycling. Dak, can you speak to this? Is their an increase in both watching cycling as well as recreational and/or as a means of transportation?

However, I believe the most interesting thing to watch on the Tour each year is how Bobke is looking! Has anyone else noticed the obvious pattern of him being in fantastic cycling shape one year and then out of shape the next? This is an "in shape " year. LOVE THE BOBKE!!!
Hey Dapper, if I remember correctly Bobke has been looking good the last few years.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:08 AM   #131
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

I was bummed when Froome, Cancellera, and Schleck got hurt and had to leave the race. I was hoping Richie Porte would to step up and be numero uno for Sky, unfortunately that did not happen. I cannot say the same about Contador. Oh and how about Cavendish? He wrecked and was out the first day. This year's race lost quite a few big names.

Congratulations to Voigt for finishing his final tour. I have always liked him! I was hoping he could pull off the stage win earlier in race, oh well, he gave it a hell of a try. I also liked how he had a brief breakaway in Paris yesterday. I will miss his humor during interviews.

Congratulations to Nibali! He had an amazing tour this year!

The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #132
Daktari

Default Late-comer to this year's Tour party

What a dramatic Tour it was this year.

So sad to see Contador and Froome hit the broom wagon. Although I really didn't want to see the robot that is Froome compete.

There was an amazing turn out here for the couple of days the Tour was in UK.
I didn't get to go as I was busy doing fellowship service but I saw it all on the telly. It was awesome to watch them cycle some of the roads I've cycled...particularly around Hebden Bridge.

Dapper, there's been a huge cycling resurgence during recent years. The great successes of Team GB track cycling team and successes on the road over the last decade has done much to add many more two wheeled road users [well, those who abide by the Highway Code actually do ride on the road]. There's loads more fully lycra clad blokes with fancy, over £1000 bikes...the all-the-gear-and-no-idea crew I call 'em...as well a burgeoning group of non-sporting, leisure cyclists. There's more and more folks like me who use the velo as their primary transport, especially in larger conurbations.

Glad you've enjoyed watching this year Dapper. I've loved watching it all, especially the cobble of the Roubaix.

Looking forward the Vuelta, last of the annual grand tours next month.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #133
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've watched in the past, but this years view came from our friends Viv and Pete who live in Lincoln and attended the race.

They uploaded video of the race coming by them, and for the first time i could see just how fast they really are as they flew by, and how much excitement there was in the air!

Hmmmm free plane tickets, stay with V and P, we might have to think about next year!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #134
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I've watched in the past, but this years view came from our friends Viv and Pete who live in Lincoln and attended the race.

They uploaded video of the race coming by them, and for the first time i could see just how fast they really are as they flew by, and how much excitement there was in the air!

Hmmmm free plane tickets, stay with V and P, we might have to think about next year!
It's not coming to the UK next year sadly. Maybe in 2 or 3 yrs time it'll come back.
Next year's Grand Depart is in Utrecht, Netherlands. It's only an hour by air to Amsterdam from here. From Lincoln it's a short hop from Humberside or Robin Hood airports.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #135
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thumbs up WELCOME TO THE 2015 TOUR DE FRANCE

Stage 1 starts tomorrow at 7:00AM EST on NBCSN, people!

Here we go.....

Old 07-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #136
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Here we go.....
Any over-the-air or streaming options?

Wondering exactly how hypocritical I'd feel going to the gym and sitting on a recumbent bike to watch it. Hmm...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:24 AM   #137
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

Here we go.....
I wanted to take a moment to say RIP to Daktari who loved to ride and loved the Tour. I looked forward to talking with him about it every year. I was also jealous that he could ride a unicycle! RIP, my friend.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:39 AM   #138
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Any over-the-air or streaming options?

Wondering exactly how hypocritical I'd feel going to the gym and sitting on a recumbent bike to watch it. Hmm...
You have no doubt found this by now.

Main site. http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2015/us/

You can find links and stuff in some places.

https://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/

http://www.cyclingfans.com/

You can google around to try to find things.

http://www.bicycling.com/racing/2015...tour-de-france

Otherwise, if you want it all, you can pay $29.99 for live streaming/recorded for the whole tour, or less for get an app for live streaming only. You can also buy by the day.

http://tourdefrance.nbcsports.com/

So, really, not good options besides paying.

Good to have you this year!

Old 07-04-2015, 06:42 AM   #139
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sweet!

I had not done the leg work yet, so thanks. I'll check the schedule and see what I can work-around.

Thanks for the links.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #140
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Exclamation

Surprisingly, there are actually some decent t-shirts this year. First year I have ever seen that. I looked a month or so ago and they didn't have anything good. Now there is a bunch of new stuff.

If you want anything from the store, today would be the day to buy. The stuff sells out quickly and it seems they never restock.

You have to pay for shipping though. Standard delivery is 3-7 days, too.

Kelt, if you have an interest in learning more, you might want to order one of these programs:

http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/let...spx?pid=167778