Old 12-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #21
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

I like the furthest away from the door as well with my partner, which happens to be the right... but not so much for protection rather, the further you are from the door the less likely you have to let the dogs out in the middle of the night. At least that's how I justify things - things are working out!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
I don't think I've ever slept in a bed that was up against the wall but I can see your point Smiling. You could always pull the bed out a foot or so right?

My reasoning is that I am being protective. If something comes in the door, it will be me that encounters it first. Just makes me feel better. It's the same reason I walk closest to the curb if I'm walking with a femme. It's just what I do and I'm sure I'm not the only one around her who feels this way.
I agree if I hear something I,m outa bed asap to investigate!

Also the curb thing,me too some say its old school. I say its my preference.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:12 PM   #23
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Bed Top?

I get the bed, they get the floor, unless we travel then I allow them to be at my right, I like being close to the door.... I'm not sure what that has to do with Dominance other than it's who I am, bed or not..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I sleep on the left side so that when I turn towards my partner to have sexy times I am on the correct side of the bed for my dominant hand to roam.

I can't think of a time/bedroom where this didn't mean I wasn't closest to the door. I definitely don't like the wall, either.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #25
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking All Hands on Deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I sleep on the left side so that when I turn towards my partner to have sexy times I am on the correct side of the bed for my dominant hand to roam.

I can't think of a time/bedroom where this didn't mean I wasn't closest to the door. I definitely don't like the wall, either.

in my bed..

It takes 2 hands for sexy times...

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
in my bed..

It takes 2 hands for sexy times...

I'm usually picking my nose with the other hand.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #27
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I'm usually picking my nose with the other hand.
Oh yeah...those are some sexy times.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #28
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

i actually prefer the inside of the bed, the bottom bunk, the seat with my back facing the wall in the restaurant. Not because I want someone to protect me... I live in canada. what someone going to do? say excuse me, please? I dont have that sense of fear where I feel i need protecting from anything.

However, I feel more comfortable and relaxed in closed in spaces. I even love little dark caves. Childhood thing.

However, the sidewalk thing... if someone is *always* on the outside of me i find it restricts my movement as zig zag around and look at things. People actually get in the way when they do that rigidly. If they can do it so I don't notice that's what they are doing? fab. but it does get irritating when I start feeling hemmed in by someone who insists on always being on the outside. Doing it as is organic and flowing, mixing it up as we move around, but I have been with really "must. walk. on. outside. edge" and they have fucked my natural piddling about with meandering. It starts to feel like someone walking sideways next to you being a human fence.

and as the song goes ... "don't fence me in"

But I do love those who can pull off smooth manners like that without me noticing. That takes some skill. Just like I do very subtle things that I personally consider old fashioned, and the point is that they are to be seamless and unnoticable. at least, that the way I like to perform them
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #29
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Drivers side.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #30
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Im always closest to the door. Residual mom thing...
Old 12-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #31
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Drivers side.
Which country?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #32
Mar

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, his and Daddy
Relationship Status:
Set in stone :)

3 Highscores

Mar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST ReputationMar Has the BEST Reputation

I sleep by the door, or window should there be one. Its something I do naturally as a protective measure, but I don't believe that which side you sleep on alone is a sign of Dominance. There has to be more to it than that for me to see a connection.

Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 10:51 PM   #33
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

As long as I wake up with Red beside me, I have no worries what side I am on.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 02:31 AM   #34
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I sleep on the left side in our current bed in our current home. I didn't ever notice what side I was on until I read this quiz and had to think about it. I totally don't get how it has to do with dominance but this thread has been interesting to read, and I'm not even sure why . I also am fascinated that people on this thread consider sleeping in these "protective" positions. Who knew? I thought I was into old school but apparently it has depths beyond my knowledge base. It was also weird to start thinking of one side of the bed as protected and the other as dangerous. I'm trying to take it all in!

For me I just want to be closest to the bathroom and the door. I want to be able to get up. I want to have space and a table right by me. I always assert this right away. "Do you mind if I..." Any butch or FTM that I've ended up in a relationship with has always been totally chill about this. It's better for them anyway, because I'm very hyperactive and take a long time going to sleep. If I was boxed in, the other person would never be able to sleep.

Once I was dating a butch and after we slept together, and I did my "Do you mind if I..." Hy said seriously and calmly but directly, "That's really selfish of you." Ugh, an argument AFTER sex, processing, having to take stock of whether I'm a bitch --while eye opening, I just somehow knew that the "side of the bed" question becoming an issue meant we would not end up in a relationship, and we didn't, so it got me thinking as I read this thread- that our needs for what side of the bed we sleep on and approaches to it, probably are some deep shit.

Then I thought about why I ended up with partners who were so cool about my always picking that side of the bed. Is it because I like being a princess? Don't answer that! It's just me thinking out loud and probably better for me to hash out in my own mind or with a trained professional.

I think it would be hella hot to be expected to sleep on the floor. Fuck yes! But outside of that scenario, I guess I'm quick to box someone into the wall

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 01-01-2015 at 03:02 AM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #35
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Closest to the door so I can go to the bathroom during the night. Teacher's bladder. When I have to go, I have to go.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #36
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Using IN the bed as a reference, I sleep on the right and Dear Wife sleeps on the left. I prefer to sleep on my back and on my right side, and Dear Wife sleeps on her left side. Our furbabies (Henry and Lil'Bit), cuddle up between and around us.

Our frogs?? Well, they prefer the left side of The Big Frog House....piled up together, in the corner.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #37
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I sleep on the right, and on my right side (facing the outside of the bed). This has only been a problem when I was sleeping with someone who felt I was "rejecting" them by turning my back to them to sleep. (And no, I did _not_ just do the deed and then roll over to go to sleep. I spent plenty of time cuddling.) This has happened with a few different people, who didn't work out in the end. I have to say, I felt their need to always sleep facing each other was needy and manipulative. I don't like people breathing in my face all night, and my spine didn't appreciate it either (I have to turn over a couple of times during the night).

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #38
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

Once I was dating a butch and after we slept together, and I did my "Do you mind if I..." Hy said seriously and calmly but directly, "That's really selfish of you." ...
I hope you don't mind me saying so, but... What a JERK! You dodged the bullet on that one.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #39
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Like nycfem said, this thread really has been an interesting read! It has really never really crossed my mind, but now that I think about it, I have always slept on the left side. The left side has always been closest to the door, but I don't really think that has anything to do with it. Whenever there have been any strange noises, my partner is always the first to jump up and investigate. She wouldn't let me even if I tried.

I just asked my partner who she thought was the most dominant in our relationship, and she said "You mean like ruling the relationship? You." Then she gave me the side eye. Lol! So, I don't think our bed side preference has anything do with dominance.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #40
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Question Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulButch View Post
In my experience to date, I've noticed a correlation between dominance and bed side preference. That is, where there is a dominant character in a pairing (not necessarily dominant as a sexual identity) that they prefer to sleep on the right hand side of the bed.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? Does the theory fit you?

Do you know a lot of Dom/Dommes/Tops/Dominants/Masters who prefer a the right side of the bed? I display myself via flagging when out and about sometimes to let people know the dynamic, and left is Dominant, how did the right side get picked as the dominant side? How was it assigned? I am asking because I have never deconstructed my bed before as far as how I identify or am.. So I have been thinking and thinking about it and had the questions above, I may have more because things like this make me think...

Happy New Year!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post: