Old 12-26-2017, 01:05 AM   #1
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation
Default Online dating and when to ask out?

I've been messaging this girl back and forth, and I really don't want to fuck this up. I really like her, but when's a good time to ask her out? (A month, two, a couple weeks?)
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 05:07 AM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

if you are close in proximity why not ask her for coffee or lunch to break the ice? i think now would be a good time for that.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
if you are close in proximity why not ask her for coffee or lunch to break the ice? i think now would be a good time for that.
I agree with dee. I think a couple of exchanges is enough to ask to mee for coffee/lunch if you live close to each other.

I always liked to meet sooner rather than later when I did the online dating thing.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #4
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I've been messaging this girl back and forth, and I really don't want to fuck this up. I really like her, but when's a good time to ask her out? (A month, two, a couple weeks?)
I agree with the other posters.

Sooner, rather than later.

We project so much of our own feelings onto someone else in texting and messaging.

Meeting in person is the only way to truly know if what you think that you are feeling is "real".

A simple, low-pressure, coffee date first: always.

Then, you can take it from there. It either will feel right or it won't.

Most important: don't talk yourself out of any red flags or gut feelings.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Absolutely - low pressure not even necessarily a date- but casual coffee/lunch sooner than later. I feel like the energy you have together in person is super important to feel out early on.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Absolutely - low pressure not even necessarily a date- but casual coffee/lunch sooner than later. I feel like the energy you have together in person is super important to feel out early on.
EXACTLY.............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Don't wait another day.

For me, the chase is always better than the catch. When it feels like the catch was better than the chase, you found the right one.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #8
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Enjoy a slow burn...if or when we decide to meet, there are no questions in my mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #9
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Enjoy a slow burn...if or when we decide to meet, there are no questions in my mind.
Nah...people can be full of shit...meet them right away! lol

Why be all "into" somebody just to find out you don't jive? You really can't tell if your energy is a match until you are in person.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #10
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Nah...people can be full of shit...meet them right away! lol

Why be all "into" somebody just to find out you don't jive? You really can't tell if your energy is a match until you are in person.
Dapper, that's not ever been my personal experience although i've heard plenty of horror stories. I'm not fickle when i want something enough and the feeling is mutual, i've never been disappointed. If you don't have an understanding of who you are and what you want then perhaps you have a point..it's just not mine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #11
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Dapper, that's not ever been my personal experience although i've heard plenty of horror stories. I'm not fickle when i want something enough and the feeling is mutual, i've never been disappointed. If you don't have an understanding of who you are and what you want then perhaps you have a point..it's just not mine
I was actually making a joke when I said people can be full of shit.

But, I do believe that even if we spend a lot of time with people on the phone, text, you still can't get that true sense of a person until you meet them.

I was always very successful dating online. I found many partners that way. I just found that talking for periods of time prior to meeting elongated the process of finding out they were not a person I was going to end up dating or have a friendship with.

Ender seems to have a purpose. Meaning, he isn't just casually looking. He found someone he thinks he might really like. So, that is why I said go for it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #12
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I was actually making a joke when I said people can be full of shit.

But, I do believe that even if we spend a lot of time with people on the phone, text, you still can't get that true sense of a person until you meet them.

I was always very successful dating online. I found many partners that way. I just found that talking for periods of time prior to meeting elongated the process of finding out they were not a person I was doing to end up dating or have a friendship with.

Ender seems to have a purpose. Meaning, he isn't just casually looking. He found someone he thinks he might really like. So, that is why I said go for it!
ok lol, but joke or no. This is a sentiment i've heard expressed often.
I once knew an online couple who didn't meet for a few years because of circumstances, when they finally did..no sparks. This intrigues me....but regarding energy exchange..why should there be an expectation (it) may not live up to your expectation? Personally why would i waste my time if i were not sure it would? Energy is energy. i've just never had that experience.
Yes...go for it if you want to..but it reminds me if you need a rush..then obviously be prepared for the inevitable crash j/s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #13
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

Most important: don't talk yourself out of any red flags or gut feelings.

I truly believe this is the most important piece of advice in all of this. I agree about meeting sooner than later, but do yourself a huge favor by going with your gut after that meeting in person. And, it may take a few times, but if you feel that something's off, or it just isn't the right fit, don't force it. (You'll only end up with blisters)