The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I've been dating someone who uses the Rodeo. It's a snug fitting, sturdy brief that double as a harness. No sewing necessary, and she can wear them all day since they're as comfortable as any other brief.

http://rodeoh.com/shop.html

I just visited the website via the above link for the first time. WTF? The models for this brief are all hyper femme! Really? WTF? Take my word for it that the briefs are perfectly appropriate for a butch. Geez.

And I can attest that they stand up to vigorous usage.
Very cool. Have not heard of this brand. I have been buying the Sparparts Pete boxer briefs...

http://www.myspare.com/product/pete

These are great for both play and packing

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Hey KerrieH, I just looked at goodvibes.com (there's lots of different stores, this one's a local-ish for me so I support them).

Right on their home page is a video and a soft pack...take a look. There are a couple of briefs and soft packs, there's not a huge selection. Lots of harder models and choices though.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation

Scuba, Those look very promising but I am having problems finding them for sale online. Where do you buy them from?
Thanks, Maverick
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation

Never mind, I found them on goodvibes.com.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #25
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Very cool. Have not heard of this brand. I have been buying the Sparparts Pete boxer briefs...

http://www.myspare.com/product/pete

These are great for both play and packing
Just purchased a couple of pair of these myself for packing purposes. I am glad to see a good review of them.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #26
prettyboyreg

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,512 Times in 293 Posts
prettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputationprettyboyreg Has the BEST Reputation
Default My learnings

When I was a young buck, I was given a tip on packing by an old school butch. This is what you do: Take two pairs of tight briefs, turn the first one inside out, put your equipment throught the flap, put the other over, normally. If you need to use it, it will hold up to just about anything as long as they are Tight! Been doing it for years, works great and I don't have to buy anything fancy or exspensive.
prettyboyreg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prettyboyreg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just thought I'd get on here and share how I use my "home ec" education to help my @ out...

I do similar to what both G and Slater do, by hand sewing the front opening of @'s briefs or boxer briefs closed. This takes advantage of the "pocket" that is already there; @ slips his packer in the opening on the inside, and it also puts a layer of cotton between his skin & the packer. He has not said anything about the fabric stretching out on the inside...

At first I just did a few stitches like Slater does, but they just wouldn't stay in and I would have to fix them after a few wash & wears. So now I stitch the entire opening from top to bottom. I do it by hand because so you can't see the sewing... I like the idea @ would pass even in his underwear (he uses the modified briefs and boxer briefs only for soft packing.) I like to think even if anyone should ever launder them they wouldn't see it.

I am working on ideas to fix other types of underwear, and also a swimsuit he just got, along the lines of sewing a pocket inside. I think it is best to make sure it stretches with the fabric, or else it might be uncomfortable or not last as long.
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboyreg View Post
When I was a young buck, I was given a tip on packing by an old school butch. This is what you do: Take two pairs of tight briefs, turn the first one inside out, put your equipment throught the flap, put the other over, normally. If you need to use it, it will hold up to just about anything as long as they are Tight! Been doing it for years, works great and I don't have to buy anything fancy or exspensive.
This can get hot in the summer though!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
This can get hot in the summer though!

The humidity is a tad much...
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #30
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Snap! View Post
I just thought I'd get on here and share how I use my "home ec" education to help my @ out...
you are so good to me.......
Old 07-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Do any of you guys pack daily that don't "pass" as male? I'd really like to pack every day but I don't ID as male or present as male so I spend a lot of energy on trying to hide the fact that I'm packing to the public (baggy pants, long shirts, etc.) and end up just not doing it because it causes me anxiety that I just don't need on a daily basis. I'd be interested in hearing from any of you that pack regularly and how you feel about people recognizing this aspect out in public...or if that's even a concern for you.

Thanks in advance,
Mav
Old 07-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #32
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

When I pack I do it for me, not for John Q Public, so my presenting isn't a statement of who I am as much as it is a personal recognition that this is me. Hope that made some sense as I'm a bit loopy. I am comfortable in who I am, but that doesn't mean I'm not careful as to where I am. People in my life are very accepting, it's the idiots who tend to give the ebil eye that I ignore, nothing worse than ignorant humans. Good thing I don't pay them any mind, 'cause really it's about being comfortable in my skin, not their acceptance, or lack thereof. I walk through the world with my head held high and in full confidence of my personal space. Now one must always be aware of their surroundings, not every one has a handle on their opinions or mouths.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #33
Slater

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Slater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Do any of you guys pack daily that don't "pass" as male? I'd really like to pack every day but I don't ID as male or present as male so I spend a lot of energy on trying to hide the fact that I'm packing to the public (baggy pants, long shirts, etc.) and end up just not doing it because it causes me anxiety that I just don't need on a daily basis. I'd be interested in hearing from any of you that pack regularly and how you feel about people recognizing this aspect out in public...or if that's even a concern for you.

Thanks in advance,
Mav

I don't present as male and rarely pass as such, but I pack pretty regularly. I don't really worry all that much about people noticing. I won't say it never crosses my mind, and I know that the bulge is more noticable in some clothes than others. But I figure most people are probably not paying attention to my crotch in the first place, and even if they do notice and actually realize it's not just an odd crease, so what? So they learned a little something about me that perhaps they would rather have not known. Oh well.

Can I ask, what are you worried will happen if people do notice? Are you worried about people you know or strangers?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I don't present as male and rarely pass as such, but I pack pretty regularly. I don't really worry all that much about people noticing. I won't say it never crosses my mind, and I know that the bulge is more noticable in some clothes than others. But I figure most people are probably not paying attention to my crotch in the first place, and even if they do notice and actually realize it's not just an odd crease, so what? So they learned a little something about me that perhaps they would rather have not known. Oh well.

Can I ask, what are you worried will happen if people do notice? Are you worried about people you know or strangers?
Slater, I'm pretty new to all this..just about a year now so I am not as secure in my "butch-hood" as some of you yet. I'm concerned mostly about comments from people I know but there is always the concern from the general population too. Probably just being self conscious and curious if I'm the only one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maverick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #35
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Mav,

I have large breasts that I do not bind and a voice that usually declares female... and I get called “sir” regularly – I believe because of my haircut and my clothes – thus, generally speaking, I believe people out in public are not really seeing me.

Once, I walked into Good Vibrations in Oakland and the young butch woman behind the counter immediately checked out my crotch – that is the only time I ever noticed anybody checking….and it made me smile.

If presenting as male in very male space like a bar or restroom I would be very careful…but say, in a women’s bar, I would love to be groped. ;-)

Maybe just a little more time to get a little more comfortable… strangers won't ask if they notice and friends you can talk to...
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #36
JistMe
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Handsome
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male One's
Relationship Status:
Hopeless Romantic Seeks Filthy Whore

JistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default ..

I don't 'try' to pass as male. Sometimes I am called sir, or he... some people dont bat an eye and call me she... and some people dont know what to do, so they just stare.

As Corkey said, I do it for me. There's a certain confidence that comes in that package. It's almost like my "superman suit." No one has to know it's there, and frankly -- I wouldn't care if they did.

I don't worry about what people think -- despite living in a very small, redneck, conservative town. An old boom mining town.... Camo trucks, and Copenhagen. I would rather feel like my best self with it, than feel small without it.

And usually....... if anyone asks or says anything, I reply..... loudly... with seven little words:

"Why are you staring at my crotch?"

That usually flusters them, and shuts them up.
JistMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JistMe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #37
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Mav, I have a question for you, if you don't want to answer that's perfectly fine.
How does packing make you feel? Do you feel in your skin when you do? Is it something that is a part of you, or just something you want to explore? I ask because each one of us are different, and our reasons for packing, or not, are just as individual. So my advice, if you were to ask would be...just do what feels right for you and the rest be damned, ya' know?
Says the ol' fart who doesn't give a patoote if it's PC or not..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #38
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Well, I'm fairly new to packing as well as ID'ing as TG butch so there are a lot of things going on with me right now and I'm still adjusting to all of that. How does it make me feel? It makes me feel complete and whole...like the part of me that I sense being there is actually there now. It makes me feel confident and a little "cocky" lol. I love it and would like to do it often or daily. As a couple of you have said, I think I just need some time to feel comfortable with it. And I love the come back.."why are you staring at my crotch?"

Thanks everyone for your input.
Mav

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maverick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Butch Help, Please.

Q wants me to start packing--Part of our dynamic is that I acquiesce.

I was told to start with my craft supplies but it seems premature, thoughts?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #40
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
Q wants me to start packing--Part of our dynamic is that I acquiesce.

I was told to start with my craft supplies but it seems premature, thoughts?

I say do what is right for you and your partner.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post: