Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #421
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Supermoon...

Clickity, click
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #422
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Like a cosmic sink hole or tar sands with no known exit - I never heard the terms "stellar murder" and "cosmic homicide" before. Just wow -

"Scientists first caught a black hole red-handed in a stellar murder last year.... Now researchers have determined...the culprit in a similar cosmic homicide..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #423
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://news.yahoo.com/worlds-smalles...230741640.html

Worlds smallest Mammoth discovered.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #424
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://news.yahoo.com/light-alien-su...215909030.html

Light from Super-Earth seen for the first time.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 05-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #425
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...turnomuralmaya

Mayan calendar doomsday debunked. Interactive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #426
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.world-archaeology.com/new...ge-discovered/
A link to a previously unknown language. They have a list of 144 women's name. From Turkey but is Assyrian in origin.
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #427
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/200-old-shipwr...133115035.html

200 Year old shipwreck found in Gulf of Mexico.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #428
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/200-old-shipwr...133115035.html

200 Year old shipwreck found in Gulf of Mexico.
I was just reading about this,oh how I would love to explore something like this.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #429
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/greek-experts-...210340288.html

Greek experts find Roman wrecks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #430
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Mount Lemmon SkyCenter Live Transit of Venus!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #431
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/algae-blooms-d...184514569.html

Algae blooms beneath arctic ice.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #432
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation
Default Medical science--VNS

I'm not sure where to post this, but, I thought I would here. This has to do with medical science and cutting edge surgery. Does anyone know about the Vagus Nerve Stimulator (VNS) made by Cyberonics. It is an device implanted in the chest with a lead wire connected to the vagus nerve. It is used for primarily for people with epilepsy and now be used to treat people with treatment resistant depression. I am curious to find those who have been implanted with this device and what their experiences have been like with this treatment for either epilepsy or depression.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #433
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

The VNS was a recommended device to treat my gastroparesis. However, I am avoiding it unless it becomes absolutely necessary. The need for maintenance is a big deterrent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #434
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
The VNS was a recommended device to treat my gastroparesis. However, I am avoiding it unless it becomes absolutely necessary. The need for maintenance is a big deterrent.
Thank you Hollylane for your post, I never knew VNS could be used to treat gastroparesis. It seems that there too few doctors willing to do the maintenance care once its been implanted. It does make for a rather frustrating situation when it is a viable treatment and the options are not there. Not to mention the problems with the insurance companies covering the surgery and the maintenance.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #435
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Thank you Hollylane for your post, I never knew VNS could be used to treat gastroparesis. It seems that there too few doctors willing to do the maintenance care once its been implanted. It does make for a rather frustrating situation when it is a viable treatment and the options are not there. Not to mention the problems with the insurance companies covering the surgery and the maintenance.
Exactly.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #436
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/universes-1st-...163220691.html

NASA- Universes 1st objects in big bang possibly seen.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #437
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/giant-tropical...171440740.html

Tropical lake on Titan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #438
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

liquid methane ........ anyone got a match?
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #439
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
liquid methane ........ anyone got a match?

Poof n the whole thing goes up
Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #440
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...204120011.html

Prehistoric animated movies.